How to destroy your company in 13 easy steps

Posted by Speedfreak

Well I found it interesting.

[url=http://nintendo.about.com/library/sonysfall/blSony1.htm]Link[/url]

Posted by scylla22

lol, nice find, I had a good laugh over that.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Interesting, and plausible. I just don't see a company like Sony collapsing anytime soon.

I just think their name is too strong for that to happen.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Speedfreak: Well I found it interesting.

[url=http://nintendo.about.com/library/sonysfall/blSony1.htm]Link[/url]

Cool. Interesting. I only read up to the 13 steps, though :D

Posted by nich

thats real neat. If this were to happen sony would become the new nintendo in that they would be last in the standings and you would be able to see who actually likes Sony for Sony and not to be cool. The only problem i had with the article is when it says the Nintendo Revolution successfuly brings in the casual gamer. I cannot see this happening, it's much too different for the casual gamer to accept because they are casual gamers.

Quoting scylla22: lol, nice find, I had a good laugh over that.

you laughed at that?

Posted by scylla22

and what will really do sony in:

[quote]
Sony finds itself battling Apple in the media industry, Nintendo in the handheld gaming industry, and Microsoft in the home console industry. Now heading into 2006, Sony begins to follow through with the layoff of 10,000 workers that it announced in 2005.

[quote=nich]
you laughed at that?

I sure did. Just like I'm laughing at what you posted right now. You might want to finish reading the whole thing btw. As he says he describes the consoles as succeding and not failing. Keep on reading.

Posted by Big Boss

Hahaha, that was a fun read. Hilarious.

Posted by nich

If by laughing you mean you disagree with the article then ok, but if not then you and Big Boss are just a couple of giggly dudes.

Posted by Linko_16

Possible? Arguably. Probable? I wouldn't say so. If all that the article says comes true, Sony will indeed be in a corner, but the PS3 will have to take one hell of a plunge to actually knock them out of the competition.

Posted by Bebop

It is interesting, and certinly posibble. But I doubt it would turn out like that. Howver I woulndt be supised if a few steps happened.

Posted by Speedfreak

The part I find really funny is that half of this bad stuff happening to Sony will actually happen.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

[quote=nich]thats real neat. If this were to happen sony would become the new nintendo in that they would be last in the standings and you would be able to see who actually likes Sony for Sony and not to be cool. The only problem i had with the article is when it says the Nintendo Revolution successfuly brings in the casual gamer. I cannot see this happening, it's much too different for the casual gamer to accept because they are casual gamers. Untrue. I AM the casual gamer, and I have no desire for a PS3 until years after it comes out when the price falls to the 100-dollar mark or so. The Revolution will be my console.

Read my thread on it for more.

Posted by Lord of Spam

"There are a substantial number of unpredictable factors that could influence how this plays out. Analysts do their best to predict these numbers and make an educated guess; I don't pretend to be able to do this, nor do I really believe that analysts are able to, either. The above outline is not necessarily a prediction, just one way the chess game could play out. There are a number of issues that could change the outcome, such as a breakout game title or an unknown intellectual property coming out in support of any of the three systems, mainly the PS3."

I.e. "I'm just pulling this **** out of my ***, and it has no real merit, so dont take anything I say seriously."

Posted by nich

Quoting ///Phantom: Untrue. I AM the casual gamer, and I have no desire for a PS3 until years after it comes out when the price falls to the 100-dollar mark or so. The Revolution will be my console.

Read my thread on it for more.

Oh, umm, well you proved me wrong real good. Most excellent post by the way.

Posted by Random

Possible but doubtful. It's possible to see any companies destruction really. Sony or even Microsoft for that matter could go down, but it's highly unlikely. After all they do make money on other products. It's doubtful they'd go down. I don't we'll see one of the companies fall for some due time.

I myself plan to purchase a 360 (Due to the fact the majority of the better PS3 games will likely be out for the 360, plus the 360 has a ton of Microsoft exclusives added), and I also plan on purchasing a Revolution. However I myself don't plan on purchasing a PS3. I'm really starting to take a disliking to Sony more and more I think. Not that I hate Sony, just don't think I'll purchase another Sony product aslong as I can help it.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]"The day Sony collapses, i'll cut off my head" Paul Cesar

I have a better prediction. All 3 next-gen systems sell well, succeed and the game industry because bigger, better, and more respected because of it. This way, all gamers are happy, even the fanboys.[/COLOR]

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]"The day Sony collapses, i'll cut off my head" Paul Cesar

I have a better prediction. All 3 next-gen systems sell well, succeed and the game industry because bigger, better, and more respected because of it. This way, all gamers are happy, even the fanboys.[/COLOR]

Really now, will the fanboys ever be happy...?

Posted by Aioros

Quoting boomstick: Really now, will the fanboys ever be happy...?

[COLOR="Yellow"]As much as i love games, sometimes i wish they would cease to exist for at least 1 day. Then we'll see if they give a da[COLOR="Yellow"]m[/COLOR]n who's in first place or which system got a game exclusively.[/COLOR]

Quoted post: I have a better prediction. All 3 next-gen systems sell well, succeed and the game industry because bigger, better, and more respected because of it. This way, all gamers are happy, even the fanboys.

That would be nice, but will never happen.

Quoted post: Really now, will the fanboys ever be happy...?

God no. Even if all system sold the exact same units, same games, same specs, same everything, fanboys would still find a way to battle it out against eachother.

Posted by Speedfreak

Right. Because fanboys are the only ones that argue over anything.

That's not exactly the point...

Posted by Osic

Sony and Microsoft wont die. But if things go belly up they WILL leave the console market. Nintendo cant do this and this is why they have been so stong. Sony is quickly getting a bad reputation overall, its PSP quality issues, the cutting of jobs, the adding Malware to there music CD's, then coveing it up and denying everything. People are boycotting it for a reason. They are all ready on loose ground. If they slip with the PS3 they will likely fall.

That article has some very good points, espicialy about the video IPod, who would buy a PSP when you can have a video IPod?

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Osic: Sony and Microsoft wont die. But if things go belly up they WILL leave the console market. Nintendo cant do this and this is why they have been so stong. Sony is quickly getting a bad reputation overall, its PSP quality issues, the cutting of jobs, the adding Malware to there music CD's, then coveing it up and denying everything. People are boycotting it for a reason. They are all ready on loose ground. If they slip with the PS3 they will likely fall.

That article has some very good points, espicialy about the video IPod, who would buy a PSP when you can have a video IPod?

Wait, who's boycotting PSP or any Sony products, were's this info come from?

Oh, and Nintendo can fall, the only difference is if they fall out of the video game race they go outta business or go 3rd party.

Posted by Ant

If Nintendo is to die I will be a very sad panda.

Although if they did it would be because of their own shortcomings with the market of the future.

In any case, good read. Interesting, and probable, although the huge success of the XBOX 360 did make me kinda sad.

Posted by Osic

Quoting boomstick: 1) Wait, who's boycotting PSP or any Sony products, were's this info come from?

2) Oh, and Nintendo can fall, the only difference is if they fall out of the video game race they go outta business or go 3rd party.

1) Sony BGM decided to put a rootkit onto some of there popular music CD's. Baicaly it secretly installs a program that stops you from burning CD's, no biggy. But they cover it up with another program that hides it, it also allows other things (virus's, hack tools) that could allow major problems for your computer. You cant uninstall it (because its "not there"), and if you do find it and try to remove it it kills your CD ROM drive. This is compleatly illigal and there has been a call (at least in Austalia) to boycott everything Sony. Thats what the articel is all talking about with SOny hurting from the rootkit's.
Source: http://www.sysinternals.com/blog/2005/10/sony-rootkits-and-digital-rights.html
Im sure you will find many things about this by Googling a little.

2) The difference is Nintendo cant afford to fall, therefore they will fight to the death. If the Playstation wing of Sony loses a lot of money they will be quick to bail out (like what there doing with there car audio). Microsoft is the same.