XD could have been great.

Posted by Iron Man

Does anyone else think that XD would have been helluva alot better if they had scratched the "Purify the Dark Pokemon" idea and just went with the plain old, GBA style story?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

That was probably the only good part about the game. It would have been better if they actually tried to make the game, itself, better.

Posted by GameMiestro

You think this is bad? Colleseum was worse...

I disagree. It wasn't great, but it was better than XD.

Posted by GameMiestro

Purification in XD is far easier than in Coliseum.

Ah, I thought you meant Colosseum was worse than XD

Posted by Random

Still they fail to make a 3-D Pokemon RPG thats any decent. I bought a Gamecube that came with XD, Tried it, didn't like it, sold it. Simple as that.

Posted by Iron Man

Yeah, I still managed to enjoy it somewhat, but keeping the whole "Purify the Pokemon" schtick was kinda of a turn off.

Posted by giminius

The main character of Colosseum wasn't too bad, but the XD one was rather weird looking, and his snag machine wasn't very threatening.
The idea behind the story isn't necessarily bad. However, they should have made shadow pokemon extremely powerful pokemon only, like metagross and tyranitar, and allowed the gamer to catch the others normally. Imagine dark versions of tyranitar and salamence to accompany lugia.
Maybe the XD is a message from the makers about their game?

Posted by holy_flare

[quote=giminius]The main character of Colosseum wasn't too bad, but the XD one was rather weird looking, and his snag machine wasn't very threatening.
The idea behind the story isn't necessarily bad. However, they should have made shadow pokemon extremely powerful pokemon only, like metagross and tyranitar, and allowed the gamer to catch the others normally. Imagine dark versions of tyranitar and salamence to accompany lugia.
Maybe the XD is a message from the makers about their game?

I agree. XD could have been much better than it was. What I really don't like about the game is the limit to how many pokemon you can get in the game. You only get somewhere between 60 and 100 pokemon and that's barely even enough, (or not even enough) to be half of the first generation of pokemon.

I also thought the game was too short to have a good chance to train your pokemon since the only place where you can do some extra battling is the six power ranger wanna be's and the pokespots, but the pokemon at those places don't level up with yours like the GBA and GBA Advance games.

I think the characters where a little weird, but my most favorite characters are Mirror B. (because he is an awesome disco dude), and Jovi because she talks in third person (I think it's third) all the time which makes her really cool.

That's all I have to say (possibly so far)...*looks around* *grins*:-D

Posted by GameMiestro

I'm sorry, but whenever I see XD, I think emoticon, not Pokemon game...

Posted by Bendehur2007

i got the game it was easy to purfiy all the pokemon but dark lugia is hard to prufiy i'v been working on purfiying it for age's and still it's heart is closed.

Posted by Aslan

xd had some flos in it but fun . that all i have to say.

Posted by giminius

Quoting GameMiestro: I'm sorry, but whenever I see XD, I think emoticon, not Pokemon game...

My point exactly.

Posted by giminius

Quoting Bendehur2007: i got the game it was easy to purfiy all the pokemon but dark lugia is hard to prufiy i'v been working on purfiying it for age's and still it's heart is closed.

(I may be double posting. But I know the answer!!!!!)

You have to get all of the chambers to full tempo, and make sure that they're empty, then stick in lugia. But it looks cooler as a shadow pokemon.