Eddie is dead.

Posted by Fate

The news is still unclear, but WWE superstar Eddie Guerrero has died. This really sucks. He was such a great entertainer in the ring.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Very, very sad. I was shocked when I say the headline today. I never expected it that's for sure. It's such a shame too, he was quite the athlete and was really doing well in the WWE. I'll miss him.

Posted by Crazy K

Are you ****ing serious? Eddie died? This is sad news. he was such a great wrestler. It just sucks that one of the best had to die so soon. Rest In Peace Eddie.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting WWE Online: WWE is deeply saddened by the news that Eddie Guerrero has passed away. He was found dead this morning in his hotel room in Minneapolis. Eddie is survived by his wife Vickie and daughters Shaul, 14, Sherilyn, 9, and Kaylie Marie, 3.

That's all that was posted on WWE Online, man, this is awful, he's definately gonna be missed.

Posted by netman

It totally bummed me out when I read it, as I've been a huge fan of Eddie since around 1997. I just hope his death isnt a result of a drug OD, as he had a constant battle with painkillers.

RIP Eddie :(

Posted by Random

Eddie was a great wreslter. I think I stand for everyone when I say he was a great athelete whether he was champion or not. I felt at smackdown he had a bad script but he carried smackdown himself on his shoulders for a few months. Eddie will be missed.

May God help Eddie now. RIP Eddie... RIP..

Quoted post: I just hope his death isnt a result of a drug OD, as he had a constant battle with painkillers.

http://www.vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=161634&postcount=5

That's pretty much all that's known so far.

Quoted post: I felt at smackdown he had a bad script but he carried smackdown himself on his shoulders for a few months.

Sad thing is, he was probably going to get the title this week:

Quoting http://wrestlingexposed.com/headlines/11244.shtml:
The plan was to originally take the title off Batista tonight at the tapings, giving it to either Orton or Guerrero. There is no word on how they will work around this due to this tragic and sudden passing.

Posted by Ant

Yeah, this has ruined my day. I'm really bummed out guys...I guess it was just his time..

Posted by Richaod

That was just pure randomness. I haven't been paying attention over the last six months, but that's a shame. :(

Posted by Ex-Linkman

I got the same choked up feeling I got when I saw that Dale Earnhardt had died when I saw this headline on Yahoo!'s news. This really sucks. He was one of the only reasons I watched the WWE shows. He was funny, and a really good actor. Damn, I'm going to miss him. :(

Posted by Random

I'm sure Eddie is in heaven. I watched the interview with Chavo and Vince, and Chavo mentioned Eddie was a reborn christian. Whether you believe in God or not, thats just how I feel. I'm not a good christian. But I notice a lot of good things happen to good christians compared to me who is a bad christian. I get shafted ^_^

But it was truly sad. Chavo mentioned in the interview that he will wrestle in Eddie's name. I wonder if he's going to use the Chavo name or the Kerwin name, and if there'll be anything to it, or if it'll just be a wrestling match.

Posted by Shin-Ra

First Quorthon, then Mitch Hedberg, and now Eddie Guerrero. What the hell is up with heart failure and/or hotel rooms?

Quoted post: What the hell is up with heart failure and/or hotel rooms?

They go hand-in-hand. Hotel rooms mean traveling and business, both mean stress, stress means heart failure.

Of course there's usually more to it, but it cna't help.

Quoted post:
I just hope his death isnt a result of a drug OD, as he had a constant battle with painkillers.

Yeah, definitely not drugs. He's said to have been clean for four years. Though, who knows if that's 100% true?

Posted by Big Boss

I couldn't believe it when I heard the news. I know it won't sink in until I watch Raw and SmackDown!, both of which were taped last night and together will be a tribute to Eddie.

It's incredibly sad. I hear about guys I used to love perform in the ring die, like Curt Henning, Owen Hart, and Davey Boy Smith, but for some reason this one hurt the worst. Eddie was always an excellent performer. He could have a great match with just about anyone. Wrestling was in his blood. You didn't need a backstory DVD to tell you that. Just watch any of his matches. The man had it in him.

The struggles he went through became public knowledge among fans, and I'm sure many accounted him at the time as one of many that fell for good because of addiction. But he came back. He came back, and better than ever. We saw a happy Eddie, one with even more energy than before. It was so easy to be proud of him. The man pulled himself from a pit most in the industry can't climb out of. He faced his demons, and he defeated them. Not many people in the industry... heck, in the world can claim that.

The biggest moment of his career, one of which we all shared, was obviously Wrestlemania XX. If you knew the story of Benoit and Eddie, you knew it'd be a special night once Benoit made Triple H tap out for the championship victory. Two friends that began from scratch, that developed their careers in another continent, were standing in the middle of the biggest stage of them all, as World and WWE champs, hugging and crying like only men and friends who've achieved their dreams do. It was a tearjerker for those of us who at least had a good clue of their relationship, of their history. I'll never forget that night. I have yet to see a more genuine, captivating moment in wrestling history.

So, with all that he went through, I'd figure he deserved a long and happy life with the work that he loved and the family that he earned back. That we should've watched Eddie's excellent matches to come, and see him later at old age being inducted in the Hall of Fame at Wrestlemania 40. That his three young girls should've enjoyed his father until they were more than old enough to live on their own. But it ended, just like that. Now all of that is just a sad "what if."

I called my bro to tell him the news. He's been a wrestling fan since before he could walk, thanks to me. He liked Eddie. He was shocked, and I was pretty much almost in tears thinking about the sure-to-be touching WWE video with Eddie smiling to the camera while millions chant "EDDIE! EDDIE! EDDIE! EDDIE! EDDIE! Eddie! Eddie...

Te voy a extrañar, Eddie.

Posted by Random

I can't assure much in life. But I can assure, that there were a lot of fans at both the Raw and Smackdown! tapings that kept chanting Eddie! Eddie! Eddie! throughout the night.

Posted by Lord of Spam

He had awesome cars. :(

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

If I'm not mistaken, I still remember him from the WCW days. I enjoyed watching it then, then in WWE. I thought my brother was kidding around, and then with some proof I just felt bad. He was one of my favorites, just **** :(

Posted by Random

I searched to see what News Sites would have Guerrero's death. MSNBC didn't, neither did CNN, however Foxsports has it on the front page.

I too remember Eddie's WCW days. I remember Eddie, Chavo, and Hector working together.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

In other news, WRESTLING IS FAKE.

Posted by junior senior

They did an autopsy on him today. I wonder how things worked out.

Posted by stone cold nicholas

if they can induct people who have passed away onto the hall of fame eddie would be at the top of my list.
http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?p=161993#post161993

Posted by Crazy K

Its quite sad. Whenever a great wrestler dies and a great 5 min video of them shows up with all the great moments of their career, I nearly want to cry. But it just sucks that such a great wrestler had to die. I still cant believe it.

Posted by stone cold nicholas

you can go to http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/eddieemail to send messages to eddie's family

Posted by Crazy K

Yeah I think I may send an e-mail to his family. Im a loyal fan of his, so I should send an e-mail to his family.

Posted by Lord of Spam

This is going to make a lot of people mad, so if you think you its too early to joke about it, then [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/penguinbob/1132012773668.jpg]FOR GODS SAKE DONT CLICK THIS LINK.[/url]

Note: I am not sayig that this is funny per se, I"m just letting you know that people are already making jokes about his passing.

Edit: Yes, its in my photobucket, but I got it off 4chan. Even I'm not a big enough douche to do sometihng like this that early after his death.

Posted by Crazy K

Now that is just plain dumb. I mean yes it is quite offending, but he died yesterday. I just do not find this funny at all in my opinion.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I first saw someone post about it on 4chan being serious yesterday, and I thought it was a joke. Guess it wasnt.

[quote=me]Note: I am not sayig that this is funny per se, I"m just letting you know that people are already making jokes about his passing.

Posted by Crazy K

I just find it mean that they would do this a day after his death. Quite sad indeed.

Posted by Fate

I watched the tribute video to Eddie on the show today, and it had me in tears. I think the performances so far are pretty entertaining.

I cried during Raw. :( Mainly during the Chavo and Benoit segments. Man, those were sad.

Posted by Fate

So did I. That thing Cena did at the end had me bawling.

Posted by Crazy K

I was nearly in tears wile watching it. My brother did cry in the beggining. It was a great tribute show towards him. I think im going to buy the "Im your Papi" Shirt and if they are selling thoughs arm bands I may buy one of thoughs to.

But I was nearly in tears when Benoit spoke, but I tend to hold my tears back a lot. :(

Posted by brownoystercult

****. I missed it.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Fate: I watched the tribute video to Eddie on the show today, and it had me in tears. I think the performances so far are pretty entertaining.

Same here, man, just listening to all those interviews about him I know that if there's a heaven, Eddie's there, no doubt, I just can't help but cry about it, such an amazing performer gone.

Posted by Random

It was truely sad. I too shed tears. They even played The Johnny Cash version of "hurt" with a video tribute added on. When Benoit started crying I think I lost it. The business will never be the same without Eddie.

Posted by Nightscare

i was suprised when my mom told me this

Posted by Crazy K

It still feels quite weird. Im watching that Tribute show on him on MSNBC at 9:00 pm tonight.

Posted by Random

**** I work til 10.. I saw Malenko there last nght.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I'm not trying to be an *** here, but why the hell are you guys crying over this? Its not like you knew him or anything. People die all over the world all the time, so why is it that he gets special attention?

Posted by Random

Perhaps because he was a good man. It does seem silly to cry over 1 man, but he was a well known man. He was someone that maybe we felt close to whether we knew him or not.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I suppose that makes sense...

No. No it doesn't. Rosa Parks dies and no-one cares, and some shitty actor cops it and everyone's crying?

Posted by s0ul

Because they see him perform all the time, they see the people that knew him talk about him very openly. Hardly anyone knows a thing about Rosa Parks outside the bus, but if you're a fan of wrestling then you see him a lot more personally, like you know him. It's really not that absurd for it to upset you.

Posted by Big Boss

How sad that something so obvious needs to be explained. It's ****ing human emotion. You don't make yourself hurt or cry. You just ****ing hurt and ****ing cry. It just ****ing happens. Looking for the logic behind it, let alone question it, is completely pointless. The death of Eddie hurt the fans, period. To put it in perspective, I didn't cry when chica died, and I used to talk to her a lot, and I knew a lot of her pain. Figure it the **** out.

I lost it several moments during the show. Even replaying some of the funny moments made me think, "Well, I'll never see something like that again..."

Quoting Big Boss: I didn't cry when chica died

What the fuck? When did THAT happen?

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Quoting Wings: What the fuck? When did THAT happen?

Couple of months ago. She committed suicide. [url=http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=8641]Thread[/url].

Posted by veritas

thats sad. Why would someone do that

Posted by Nightscare

Quoting Wings: No. No it doesn't. Rosa Parks dies and no-one cares, and some shitty actor cops it and everyone's crying?

you unsympathetic little bastard, u give dick lickin gay ***-****ers a bad name. besides, what did rosa parks ever do for this country??!? no answer? i thought so...

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Wings]No. No it doesn't. Rosa Parks dies and no-one cares, and some ****ty actor cops it and everyone's crying?

Well Rosa Parks was like 85 years old, and Eddie Guerrero was only 38. Also some of us here are a big fan of Eddie and Wrestling. I never knew Eddie Personally but it was hard watching that tribute show, he was trully a great wrestler and died a great wrestler.

As for Rosa Parks, she was old. When people get old they tend to die one day or another. I can see she was praised her hole life, and im sure there was people out there who cried for Rosa Parks.

And to be exact he was not a so called ****ty actor, he was great at what he did, he made us all laugh, he actually was good at acting in the ring.

[Quote=Lord Of Spam]I'm not trying to be an *** here, but why the hell are you guys crying over this? Its not like you knew him or anything. People die all over the world all the time, so why is it that he gets special attention?

Yeah its very weird when people cry for someone they never met. But when some of us see that person every Thursday or Monday we then tend to like that person and get to know them better. As for Rosa Parks I never knew much about her, I just know her for standing up for herself. But I watched Eddie Guerrero nearly every night.

Quoting Nightscare: besides, what did rosa parks ever do for this country??!?

She was a key figure in the equalitarian movement. What did Eddie Guererro ever do for the country?

Oh yeah, he made some stupid people happy. And then sad, by dying.

Oh, and I think that dick licking gay ass-fuckers already have a bad enough name.

[quote=Crazy K]the above post
Okay, I see your point, it was sudden. But my outrage at the fact that more people are upset by this than one of the role models of the 20th century still stands.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Wings]She was a key figure in the equalitarian movement. What did Eddie Guererro ever do for the country?

Oh yeah, he made some stupid people happy.

Thats not the point. Rosa Parks was old and all her life she was known as the woman who defended herself on the bus, witch I do find great. But this man died at 38 and he still had a full life to live. Rosa Parks was old and had a prosperous life.

[Quote=Wings]Okay, I see your point, it was sudden. But my outrage at the fact that more people are upset by this than one of the role models of the 20th century still stands.

Yeah I see what you mean, but most of us posting in this topic are big fans of his, and When he died it was hard to take because he was such a great wrestler and entertainer. Some of us here watched him in the ring nearly every Thursday or whenever he wrestled, and now seing him gone, its just weird.

Quoting Wings:
Okay, I see your point, it was sudden. But my outrage at the fact that more people are upset by this than one of the role models of the 20th century still stands.

I assure you, there are more people devastated and unhappy about the death of Rosa Parks opposed to Eddie Guerrero. It's just not shown here in VGC.

Okay then, I'll shut up. :)

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=wwe.com]Vickie Guerrero speaks on Eddie's autopsy report
Nov. 15, 2005

After the untimely passing of Eddie Guerrero, WWE and the entire sports-entertainment community is still reeling from the devastating loss of a champion. The initial autopsy reports on Guerrero have come in. WWE.com spoke with Eddie’s widow, Vickie Guerrero, earlier today.

“It was heart failure. It was from his past – the drinking and the drug abuse. They found signs of heart disease. She (the examiner) said that the blood vessels were very worn and narrow, and that just showed all the abuse from the scheduling of work and his past. And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that’s what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep.

As soon as they saw his heart, they saw the lining of his heart already had the heart disease. There was no trauma, and Eddie hadn’t hurt himself in any way. It answered a lot of questions. I knew Eddie wasn’t feeling very good for the last week. He was home and kept saying he wasn’t feeling good and we thought it was just “road tired.” So we thought he just had to rest. It answered a lot of my questions, too, because he was just so exhausted. She said it was normal because the heart was working so hard.

When he didn’t call me last night and the night before I knew it was for real, because he would call me every night. I miss his phone calls. I cried through the whole thing (last night).

I loved his laugh. His laugh was the best.

We just celebrated his four-year sobriety last Thursday. We just thought we had life by the handful. We thought we had it all figured out. He worked so hard to make a better life for us.

I’m just overwhelmed by how people are coming out. It’s touched my heart a lot.

Everybody was just in awe last night in how beautifully everything was put together.

All my life was wrestling. All he did was take care of them and live for that. And I don’t know what to do now.”

Yep, in fact it was Heart failure. You can find this article here: http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/causeofdeath

Quoted post: I'm not trying to be an *** here, but why the hell are you guys crying over this?

Though most fans didn't have any physical interaction with him, I, for example, pretty much grew up watching him perform. You become attached after awhile, so when someone like that dies, it feels like a close friend died - someone who's been there for years on end, who entertained you, made you laugh, made you mad, and so on. Eh, hard to explain.

Anyways, it's sad that his past caught up with him. He was clean for four years, and yet, it still killed him. At least he went someone silently and painlessly.

Posted by Nightscare

Quoting Wings: She was a key figure in the equalitarian movement.

sure..... why dont you just keep your crazy, wacko ideas to your self, crackhead

I beg your pardon? Respect your elders.

*whap*

Posted by Nightscare

how old are you? 2?

Actually, I've not been born yet. But even with my impaired motor functions, lack of independent subsistence, and lack of access to a computer, I still manage to post more intelligently than you.

Bravo, Nightscare.

Give it a rest.

Posted by Crazy K

Stop Spamming this topic Nightscare. Fight with Wings somewere else.

Posted by Random

I know none of us met Eddie personally. When I was younger I got to watch him perform live in a WCW arena. It wasn't Nitro or Thunder or anything big. Infact I doubt it was even on TV. But I remember watching him wrestle. Hell I remember even seeing Hector Guerrero there. I mean those were the days.

But even though none of us can really say we knew him. It felt like we knew him. We watched him perform weekly. He's been there for years. Eddie left his wife and 3 kids behind which sucks terribly for them.

I just wanted to note if you go to WWE.com, they have other interviews with others like Dean Malenko, Michael Hayes (Yes suprisngly he still exists), and Ted DiBiase.

Posted by Fate

Wings, just so I can reiterate nicely: I've only heard two stories about Rosa Parks; one story was when she sat in front of the bus, and the other was when she was going crazy and wanted to sue Outkast. Now, I didn't exactly "grow up" with Rosa Parks. I appreciate what she did and all that, but it's not like I was searching news reports that updated on her life. Eddie meant something to the fans, whether you understand it or not.

Posted by Nightscare

Quoting Fate][color=skyblue]Wings, just so I can reiterate nicely: I've only heard two stories about Rosa Parks:

you so owned him.... u rule

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Crazy K: But when some of us see that person every Thursday or Monday we then tend to like that person and get to know them better.

Once again, I dont want to be an ***, but you did not know him. You knew his wrestling persona. Its not the same thing. In case you didnt notice, pro wrestling is a show, much like a soap opera (only with more steroids). Its rather delusional to think that you know someone based off of watching them pretend to beat up other mig beefy actors.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Lord Of Spam]Once again, I dont want to be an ***, but you did not know him. You knew his wrestling persona. Its not the same thing. In case you didnt notice, pro wrestling is a show, much like a soap opera (only with more steroids). Its rather delusional to think that you know someone based off of watching them pretend to beat up other mig beefy actors.

Yes I see what your saying. First off Eddie was good at what he did. Yes Pro wrestling is Mostly Fake, but there are many people out there that still watch it (WWE Raw is the highest Rated T.V. Show at the moment). Many people grew up watching him wrestle. And when he died that meant that next week he would not be there and even the week after that.

Yes I did not know him, but like I said before, I watched him wrestle and act nearly every night since the WCW. Its not intirely about his wrestling persona either that made him popular, its what he did in the ring that mainly made him popular.

Posted by Nightscare

Quoting Lord of Spam: Once again, I dont want to be an ***, but you did not know him. You knew his wrestling persona. Its not the same thing. In case you didnt notice, pro wrestling is a show, much like a soap opera (only with more steroids). Its rather delusional to think that you know someone based off of watching them pretend to beat up other mig beefy actors.

you may not mean to sound like an ***, but you do

Posted by Lord of Spam

How clever. u totaly burned me dood lol

Posted by MetalVox~55

This really didn't affect me in any way. Sucks the guy died, but i'm sure the "wrestling" industry will recover quite nicely with a boost in sales of merchendise based around Eddie. -shrug-

Posted by William

[quote]Once again, I dont want to be an ***, but you did not know him. You knew his wrestling persona.

There are many different moments when the fans did get to see the "real-life" side of Eddie.

[quote]but i'm sure the "wrestling" industry will recover quite nicely with a boost in sales of merchendise based around Eddie.

Monetary things do not amount to the value of a human being's life, in my opinion. They may recover financially, from the loss of buyrates due to Eddie fans; but the wrestlers themselves, especially Eddie's closest friends will forever be scarred. I think so at least.

Anyhow, Eddie's passing did upset me a lot when I first heard it, but there's no use dwelling on it. Not saying that I won't miss the guy, because I will. He was a part of my life every single week for many years. No one will ever be able to replace him. He was also one of the only wrestlers out there that not only could wrestle very well, but could also bring out a variety of emotions out of the fans, almost instantly. Eddie was just that good. However, life moves on and I'm sure that Eddie's legacy will live on forever.

Posted by Lord of Spam

the few times I watched it, he seemed like a funny character.

Thats about all I can say.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

[quote=Nightscare]you unsympathetic little bastard, u give dick lickin gay ***-****ers a bad name. besides, what did rosa parks ever do for this country??!? no answer? i thought so...

I really missed a bit of this thread. Nightscare has made me laughed with his replies, but this one took the cake. First about the whole Rosa Parks thing, I mean seriously. Second, like someone already said, I don't think that dick licking gay assfuckers was a good name to begin with.

I didn't feel like watching any tribute to Eddie though, it would have made me sad, plus thats what they intend to do anyway. Mostly like a lot of people have already said, you watch something for so long and you start to love the character. You even get to see them not act and be human at times, then they die. Crazy K, you seriously though, I mean, you made me laugh.

Posted by Crazy K

I really dont care if I made you laugh. Im just telling how I feel on the matter and What I think on Eddie's death.