Legend of Dragoon

Posted by Light

How far has everyone got on this game i've beaten it but i jsut wondered how far everyone else has?

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Moved to RPG's.

I was onto the fourth disc before I stopped playing it. Better things came along, I suppose. I should have finished it, but I wasn't really enjoying it in the first place.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I've complelted it. Which amazes me since it's such a ****ty game.

Posted by Light

i got bored but it was my only game ofr awhile so i had ot finish it

Posted by Azusa

I beat it. It was an okay game.

Eh.

Posted by Dark

I managed to get to the last boss.

Posted by justonemore

Dart lost his dragoon spirit and a boss is comming up. what do i do and what did i do wrong?

Posted by Blaze

I stopped on the first disc for the first few days I had it, then about a month later I had nothing else to play so i beat it. I have to say, although the game sucks the plot is awsome.

Posted by Sparkle the hedgehog

I solved it 4 times over the summer and now im bored

Don't see how you weren't bored half way through the first time.

Play Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II, Icewind Dale, Shadow Hearts, Drakan: The Ancients Gates, or Chrono Cross. I guarantee you won't be bored of BG, unless you don't like the battle style, or you just suck.

Posted by William

I played it once and got to the final boss. I can't recall if I ever beat it or not, but I do remember that it was an incredibly hard battle considering I forgot to restock on items before engaging the enemy.

But yeah - I actually did enjoy this game. The only thing I didn't really like about the game was that everything seemed so weak, including the characters themselves.

Posted by Arczu

Hell... the beggining of the game IS weak (3 damage in a single attack?) I got lost at some point during the first disk, so for now I have been avoiding it. Yeah, doesn't seem as interesting, but I guess it depends on your tastes.

I might try it again if I ever get my PS1 working again. That crazy thing likes to get stuck loading in the worst parts.

Posted by FaytLeingod99

Beat it. The one thing i hated was how weak your characters were. I think the highest level i got was like 34 or somethin. The divine dragoon was pretty cool though, even though you didn't get to use it much.

Posted by Light

Quoting justonemore: Dart lost his dragoon spirit and a boss is comming up. what do i do and what did i do wrong?

nothing wrong you just have him fight without his spirit

Posted by Moogs

Quoting justonemore: Dart lost his dragoon spirit and a boss is comming up. what do i do and what did i do wrong?

You bought the game

Posted by Cruxis

I've bought Legend of Dragoon when it first came out. I've probably beat it at least 10 times since!? I think I is an amazing game even today (aside from the horrible graphics), so If anyone has any questions about it feel free to ask away or contact me:D .

Posted by Light

its easy to beat if you've at least gotten your other two characters that you use the most to at least 2nd level dragoon or third by that time i was at level 4 dragoon

Posted by NEMI

I've beaten it so many times that I stoped playing it for a while.It's graphics may not be the best,but I like the game anyway.

Posted by Demonblade

I hated that game. Although i did beat it, i loathed every minute i was controlling Dart. What a lame name for a character anyways...almost as bad as "Dagger".

Posted by Xenos

The graphics for the game was actually good for its time ...

Posted by NEMI

Quoting Xenos: The graphics for the game was actually good for its time ...

That's true...

Posted by Light

the only thing that sucked was you couldn't change any of their names i mean i never liked calling my characters by the name they began with

Posted by Demonblade

Quoting Light: the only thing that sucked was you couldn't change any of their names i mean i never liked calling my characters by the name they began with

thats an awefully bold statement saying that thats the only thing that sucked about LoD.

Posted by Light

true but i like all games even ones other people say are sucky

Posted by XeroPercent

I thought the fighting was really good, but the story didn't keep my interest. I think I made it to the 3rd disk, but that was like... 5 years ago atleast.

Posted by Light

tha'ts cool right now i don't have any games anymore i was moving and my stuff was outside waiting for them to get done spraying the house and that storm that hit st. louis a couple of months ago took everything i owned pretty much

Posted by MrQuicksilver

I beat it, its so ****ing long. but a decent storyline, too bad the constant fighting everywhere youstepped was annoying

I think you mean the entire game was annoying.

Posted by Demonic Mistress

i do think the entire game is annoying give me something more fun to do any day

[quote]The graphics for the game was actually good for its time ...

Short of the FMVs, they aren't anything spectacular for its time. Slightly better than FFVII, really.

If you're talking exclusively PS graphics, then sure, they are decent at the time the game was released.

Posted by Light

Frankly i wouldn't know its the only game i have anymore

Posted by Creedence

I loved this game but it made me sad when Lavitz died. This game is a rpg comparable to Chrono Trigger, FF7, and even earthbound in greatness. Don't diss it to much for an early PSX game it was great.

omg WAY TO SPOIL THE ENTIRE SHODDY GAME

Posted by Fyre

I tried...I died... Oh yes, Light...just as I said...Drones...hehe they help.

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

i thought the game was pretty good, i got the 3rd disc i think when i started playing something else...(FFVII maybe) wich if it was, FFVII is way better than any PS1 rpg game...and probably the best rpg of all time, in my opinion anyway.

Then you must not have played many RPGs in your lifetime.

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

eh, not really im more into shooters myself

Posted by iluvgirlswithglasses

I think it could've been better if you weren't stuck with one set of physical attacks throughout the entire battle. It's good that they tried something different though.

Also the inventory...Ridiculously small.

Posted by Xeones

i've beat it. it was literally one of the most painful video game experiences of my life...that was a horrid game.

Posted by CrystalPain

I liked it when i was playing it.
The divine dragoon was cool but it was used only at the final battle

Posted by Raeth

I really liked this game. I was great fighting with Lavitz, I could actually perform that rose attack thing with him. But with Albert I couldn't xD Still..Albert is hotter than Lavitz sooooo...

Fangirlish tendencies aside, the voices sucked. First time I heard them I was like :0 I really hated those voices.
But everything I pretty much liked.

Posted by Light

yeah the voice's did suck but you gotta deal with what you have at least now i have a few more games than i did when iwas play just Legend Of Dragoon

Posted by Tyler Durden

You're still around, Light? Crazy. Anywho, LoD pretty much sucked all around. Almost turned me off of RPGs, completely.

Posted by Light

i'm still around but not on here as much i've been working and playing my baldur's gate game for my ps2 that i jsut got

Posted by genrichkarlovichjr

Played it, actually quite enjoyed it, mainly for its battlesystem that incorporated nice beat-em-up aspects and its soundtrack. You should check out its sequel; Legend of Legaia 2 for the ps2, pretty much improved every aspect of the first.