NBA 06

Posted by DDP

I've been thinking of pickin this game up for PS2
I heard the career mode plays out like an RPG, where you make your own character and take him thru his nba career.
Has anyone got it? What are your thoughts?

Posted by Munster

Old post, and hopefully you've decided to get it. I got it and I must say, it's a great game, although when you say it plays out like an RPG, you make it sound turn based:
Do you want to....
a)Pass the ball
b)run
c)shoot the ball
d)poke the guy in the eye
It's not like that, lol. I guess people would get it mixed up if they read that. Anyway, you do make your own character and at first you work on his stats and build and all that jazz. (Which is why you prolly heard it's like an RPG [I guess]) And yeah, you do take him through his NBA career as well, which actually turned out to be fun. Anyway, if you haven't gotten it yet, I say you do get it. And if you're STILL unsure, rent it. (Nothing wrong with renting a game you're unsure about before buying, actually, it's the smart thing to do.)

Posted by darmus

turn based basketball that would be weird haha. I rented it and i can vouch for it its pretty good, im not even a big basketball fan myself.

Posted by Heathen

Where did you hear it was like an RPG? I have not heard it reffered to in this way but it makes sense since in life mode you customize the character and gradually train him up to finally compete in the NBA. I think NBA 06 is a great game. Highly underrated. I've enjoyed it much more than any other bball game I've played this year.

Posted by darmus

It aint no turn based crap but I can see what you guys mean, your players stats gradually increase which is cool and adds alot of depth to the life mode.

Posted by ali242

pretty good game although nba 2k6 woops its ***