Nintendo WiFi Connection User Details

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Okay, here we go. This is going to be a place for everyone to list their Friend ID numbers so that we can all find each other online if we want to play against each other.

Don't worry - by sharing your Friend ID in this thread you're not going to be giving anybody access to your DS to hack it, or alter data, or anything. All that we'll able to do is beat you, over and over again. Or you'll beat us. But that's not going to happen.

If we could use the below as a standard then that'd be great.

DS Username: Willeth
Region: UK

WiFi Connection Games Owned:
Mario Kart DS:

Metroid Prime: Hunters:

Tetris DS:

Tony Hawk's American Sk8Land:

http://www.american-sk8land.com/users/show/179/

To get friend code banners like the ones in my sig, just register at http://www.friendcodes.com.

(I'm on a very restrictive university broadband service, so I'm having trouble connecting with the WiFi Connector - I'm looking to fix that fairly soon, but for now it's a bit of an intermittent thing. So I won't be on as often as I'd like, sorry. I have to go down to the McDonald' down the road. :))

I've a feeling that each individual player will have their own stats page on http://www.nintendowifi.com. If so, then a link to it would also be extremely useful.

Posted by Drewboy64

DS Username: Drewboy64

Mario Kart DS: 438 146-124 398 Name: Drewboy
Metroid Prime Hunters: 2706-5048-7058 Name: Drewboy64
Animal Crossing: 0601-9208-6613 Name: Andrew Town: Tipa
Tetris: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx Name: Drewboy

Anyone playing right now? Please?

Well, they can just add you to their Friends List as find you when you're online, I think.

But the only thing that it could affect on Mario Kart is your overall score :)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

DS Username: Kanwulf
Region: Canada

Mario Kart DS: 043009-102406

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

DS Username: A. Wang

Mario Kart DS: 081663-948773

Posted by Zelda_Guy

PM me if you want to go on with me.
DS Username: Evan
Mario Kart DS: 274937-448856
Animal Crossing Wild World: 1718-5949-4803
(Town Name: Gurgon)
Mario vs. DK 2: 0816-8781-1680

Posted by Zelda_Guy

Hi Angel Wing Add me

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

DS Username: Jake*
Region: USA
Mario Kart DS: 489-685-732-360

RACE WITH ME!

Quoting Zelda_Guy: Hi Angel Wing Add me

Shhh, unfortunately, I did.

Ugh, whenever I get ahead of people they immediately disconnect. We aren't even halfway into the first lap, and it's happened multiple times now.

Posted by Drewboy64

we should have some sort of system where we can organize races. My bro made a chat room type thing at the IGN boards where you talk to people and see if they are open for wifi races.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Mario Cart DS has brought me back to this site again :) (Nothing against the site, I just take absences due to other activities.) But Im glad there is actually a friend exchanging thread.

Nickname : Alastor (My friends made it up as a nickname)

Friend code : 360836-943580

Hope you add me, Im going to mcdonalds to play right now.

Also, do any of you know if Roadrunner can be used for Wi-Fi? Im getting it on the 28th and I just want to know, since I do not have widows XP, I cannot use the USB cord either, Hopefully, RR works fine. I called the Number but they said they have it down but it doesn't mean it won't work.

Quoted post: Mario Cart DS

NO SUCH THING!

Posted by Mystic Hero

DS Username: MysticHero

Mario Kart DS

I just got the game a few days ago, so if you plan on racing me go easy because I'm still getting used to the controls.:)

Oh and here is my friend code:

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Vampiro: NO SUCH THING!

Mario Kart DS?

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting NightmareBassX: Mario Kart DS?

No Mario Cart DS.

Posted by Shade

DS Username: ShadeXH
Friend Code: 399491

Wi-Fi Games Owned:
Mario Kart DS

Posted by powerpuff

Animal Crossing
0086-6150-1265, town: crossing, Name: Ike

Posted by Speedfreak

Mario Kart:

Speedy

Posted by Golden Archer

Gaurav:
Mario kart ds.

Posted by coromoro

Mario Kart DS:

coromoro
528340-901365

Metroid Prime Hunters

PFC coro
2749-4630-1511

Posted by ExoXile

DS Username: ExoXile
---
Hunters:
0000-7021-0321

---

Posted by Drewboy64

Who wants to race?

I do! :D

Posted by Bebop

Bebop

Region
UK

Games owned:
Mario Kart DS-038714

Animal Crossing: Wild World-5025-7301-5397

Posted by Roger Smith

DS Username: Rogey

Reigon: USA

Mario Kart DS

Friend Code:429556-95693

Soon to come: Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon, whenever that hits.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Roger Smith: DS Username: Rogey

Reigon: USA

Mario Kart DS

Friend Code:429556-95693

Soon to come: Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon, whenever that hits.

There is 1 number missing at the end of your friend code. :)

Posted by Roger Smith

Shat, sorry bout that.

Posted by Drewboy64

I think we should give each other AIM screen names if we want to race. That way it's easier to communicate; if someone posts "let's race," someone might not see that soon enough.

Posted by Echo

Mario Kart DS:

Echo

Posted by R3N3G4D3

Name:
Renegade

Games Owned:
Mario Kart DS

Region:
USA

Friend Code:
240578-504582

add me guys

Posted by Mystic Hero

I never find anyone on geese. When do you guys sign on? I have only raced Shade and my buddy list alerted me one time when Angelwing signed on, but unfortunately I was in game at that time and she left. What tiem do you guys get on? I'm on ususally at night around 9 PM Eastern time, or I may be on earlier sometimes.

Mario Kart DS: 489-685-732-360

**Edit** (new code)Animal Crossing DS: 0816-6506-6288

Sorry for double posting but has anyone gotten animal crossing DS besides me? If so please leave your friend code! I am anxious to play other people :D

Posted by Drewboy64

I am going to get AC this christmas, so I'll see you in WFC.

I got it today. Though haven't actually opened it yet...

Quoting Vampiro: I got it today. Though haven't actually opened it yet...

Well...post your code up when you play it :D

Quoting Mystic Hero: I never find anyone on geese. When do you guys sign on? I have only raced Shade and my buddy list alerted me one time when Angelwing signed on, but unfortunately I was in game at that time and she left. What tiem do you guys get on? I'm on ususally at night around 9 PM Eastern time, or I may be on earlier sometimes.

:( I hardly play, but we'll play eventually!

And I forgot all about AC:WW. Vamp, how much did you pay for it? Is it any good? Maybe I'll get it next week.

Quoting Angelwing: :( I hardly play, but we'll play eventually!

And I forgot all about AC:WW. Vamp, how much did you pay for it? Is it any good? Maybe I'll get it next week.

I paid $34.99 for mine :D

Ah, ok. It'll probably be $44.99 or somewhere along those lines here. Maybe I'll ask for it for christmas or something.

Posted by Zelda_Guy

I got animal crossing wild world here is my friend code 1718-5949-4803
I added you VirtualRealityZone so now add me I will go on right when you say you added me.

Yay Ill add you right now! Lets go in your town

Quoted post: And I forgot all about AC:WW. Vamp, how much did you pay for it? Is it any good? Maybe I'll get it next week.

$43.99. If you liked the series in the past, you should love this game. It feels somewhat shallow at first, but it's really engrossing. It's definitely worth the price, IMO.

Oh, and Zelda_Guy and VRZ, keep it to the PMs.

Posted by Shade

I hate you. My parents don't let me buy anything in December because it's "too close to Christmas."

Hey vamp,

Whats your code?

Posted by Mystic Hero

I'm getting AC maybe tomorrow I'll see you guys there hopefully. :)

Posted by Ex-Linkman

DS Username: Linkman

----------------------------------------------
Mario Kart DS
Friend Code: 511162-030309
----------------------------------------------

Posted by cullenr

Quoting VirtualRealityZone: Mario Kart DS: 489-685-732-360

**Edit** (new code)Animal Crossing DS: 0816-6506-6288

hi i have both games my firend code is 408082632387 for both games bye-bye!

Posted by Flounder

DS Username: Flounder

Friend Code(only have mario kart ds): 068780-731577

Posted by cullenr

i have mario kart firend code408082632387
and animal crossing firend code 408082632387
for animal crossing
town lakevill
name cullen

Posted by Mystic Hero

Ok here is my AC friend code:

2835-2928-0025

Hopefully over break I'll be able to a lot more visiting.

Posted by Ant

DS Username: Ant

Mario Kart DS: 433853-392159

Posted by Bebop

Update

Posted by Burrito

I just got a Nintendo DS with Mario Kart today. Don't be surprised if I suck.

DS Username: Burrito
463918-322868

Does no-one have Sk8Land?

Posted by Shade

Nope.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Mystic Hero: Ok here is my AC friend code:

2835-2928-0025

Hopefully over break I'll be able to a lot more visiting.

What's your Username/Town Name?

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Shade:
What's your Username/Town Name?

You don't need to know these actually. It's just a thng for you to remember who they are until you play with them.

Posted by inequity

I added everbody's AC code to my list.

Now please, add mine:

Code: 3866-0882-8138
Town: Tomorrow
Name: Mani

Posted by Bebop

Shade, Vamp post your codes please ;-*

I've added everyone to my AC roster. Please do the same for me :)

Posted by Mystic Hero

Ok here all the information you need to come into my AC town when I'm using my two main characters:

Name: Gabe
Town: New York
Friend Code: 2835-2928-0025

Name: MH
Town: New York
Friend Code: 3007-0988-6951

My town wil be open all day on New Years so ell free to drop by, just make sure you bring soem fruit.:) I am currently suing MH, if it doesn't seem to work for you I may be using Gabe.

Posted by Colonel

Wi Fi is just starting to **** me off. NO store, and i mean NO store has a wireless router. THEIR ALL SOLD OUT, AND IM DIEING TO PLAY ONLINE MARIO KART.

Posted by Mystic Hero

It's called Best Buy or Comp USA. If you don't have those stores try Circuit City, they may have it. If all else fails Wal-Mart may sell them since they sell practically everything.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Hey, Im just posting my ACWW friend code.

Name : Alastor
Town : Zomg (I couldn't think of a name, ZOMG!)
Code : 1417-9653-3609

I've been distracted with other DS games as well, Don't be suprised if my house and stuff isn't that nice. I haven't played it as much as I would if it was the only DS game I had.

Posted by Colonel

no no no no no, you don't understand, i've called EVERYWHERE for that USB router no one, i mean no one has it. I have no Circuit City nearby, but i do have the Source by circuit city (don't have any routers). I live in Canada so there is no Comp. USA. Wal-mart doesn't have it, EB games doesn't have it, Best Buy doesn't have it, Zellers doesn't have it, and Toy's r Us doesn't have it. Bummer.

EDIT: Crap, my life just got worse as far as video games go. Can't play Wi Fi. I told my dad that Wal-Mart has a wireless router made by linksy and he did some reserch and it says that routers take up memory, and my computer sucks so my dad won't let me get the router until we get a new computer which will be, like, i don't know, 6 or 7 months. Poop foiled by the video gaming world again.

Posted by inequity

Im having a problem with my wifi connection. Everytime I connect to nintendo wifi by opening up my gate, after about 10 minutes of having it open the game freezes and a message pops up saying something like "Connection lost, game will resest". The game will end up reseting and any progress I may have done is lost. I would like to keep my gate open for people to come in, but I can't with it freezing up like this. It doesn't happen when I go to other peoples towns. Anyone know why this happens?

Posted by inequity

Im having a problem with my wifi connection. Everytime I connect to nintendo wifi by opening up my gate, after about 10 minutes of having it open the game freezes and a message pops up saying something like "Connection lost, game will resest". The game will end up reseting and any progress I may have done is lost. I would like to keep my gate open for people to come in, but I can't with it freezing up like this. It doesn't happen when I go to other peoples towns. Anyone know why this happens?

Posted by Mystic Hero

I fyou want eh USB connector you have to order it from Nintendo. If no other stores have the wireless router then you will have to buy the USB connection from Nintendo. Usually any store that specializes in selling computer stuff will sell it. If for some reason a cpmputer store isn't near you or for some wierd reason the just don't sell a router you will have to buy teh USB connector from Nintendo.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting .hack//: no no no no no, you don't understand, i've called EVERYWHERE for that USB router no one, i mean no one has it. I have no Circuit City nearby, but i do have the Source by circuit city (don't have any routers). I live in Canada so there is no Comp. USA. Wal-mart doesn't have it, EB games doesn't have it, Best Buy doesn't have it, Zellers doesn't have it, and Toy's r Us doesn't have it. Bummer.

EDIT: Crap, my life just got worse as far as video games go. Can't play Wi Fi. I told my dad that Wal-Mart has a wireless router made by linksy and he did some reserch and it says that routers take up memory, and my computer sucks so my dad won't let me get the router until we get a new computer which will be, like, i don't know, 6 or 7 months. Poop foiled by the video gaming world again.

If you want eh USB connector you have to order it from Nintendo. If no other stores have the wireless router then you will have to buy the USB connection from Nintendo. Usually any store that specializes in selling computer stuff will sell it. If for some reason a cpmputer store isn't near you or for some wierd reason the just don't sell a router you will have to buy teh USB connector from Nintendo.

Posted by Colonel

Quoting Mystic Hero: If you want eh USB connector you have to order it from Nintendo. If no other stores have the wireless router then you will have to buy the USB connection from Nintendo. Usually any store that specializes in selling computer stuff will sell it. If for some reason a cpmputer store isn't near you or for some wierd reason the just don't sell a router you will have to buy teh USB connector from Nintendo.

No. My friend has the wirless router made by linksy at it works fine with Wi Fi. Its just routers take up memory and my dad wont allow me to by one.

Yes, but he was saying that if another brand of router isn't available, then the Nintendo one is your only option. It's also a lot easier to set up.

Inequity - the first thing you need to do is to go to McDonalds and see if you get the same problem. If you do, it's most likely a problem with the WFC as a whole, and it'll be fixed soon. If not, then you'll have a problem with your Internet connection, and that's up to you to troubleshoot.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting .hack//: No. My friend has the wirless router made by linksy at it works fine with Wi Fi. Its just routers take up memory and my dad wont allow me to by one.

It depends how much memeory your computer has left to hold. If it isn't capable of having a wireless router hooked up to it then don't get it. Now a router would also come in handy if you have more than one computer and you need your whole house connected, like in my situation. So for me my router was needed long ago to hook my house up. If you have that problem you can persuade your dad to let you buy one. If you you already have your house wired by some other method or just don't have a lot of computers in your home that need to be hooked into the internet, then you have no use for the router except to help you play the DS on the WFC server. In which case you must resort to the USB port. Otherwise go to your friend's hosue and use his connection. This is the same problem my friend has and he just goes to his neighbor's house to get a connection.

Edit: wtf is going on with the time? I mademy post after .hack//. Hmm maybe he has his time messed up or something.

Posted by inequity

I have a question. If somebody quits a race during mario kart, right when your about to win, does that still count as a win for me, even though everyone else quit?

By the way, everyone who posted a mario kart friend code is on my roster now. Everyone. So, you can add me if you like: 262054-759439

Posted by Mystic Hero

Unfortunately no. :( But it does count as a loss for them.

Posted by Gamer

Username: Remag
Nintendo ID: 240580-843900

Posted by Colonel

Will the Nintendo USB connector take up memory?
My computer is a 20 Gig hard drive , and my computer has about 6 gigs left in it.

The recommended stats are 10MB of hard disk space, and 256MB of RAM, so you're absolutely fine, seeing as XP requires 256MB anyway.

In reality, the WiFi Connector software takes up about 2MB of hard disk space, but that's only with one system registered. With five, it could well take it up to 10MB, and I don't know the size of the drivers.

But yeah, you can run it, as long as you have Windows XP.

Posted by junior senior

Quoting .hack//: No. My friend has the wirless router made by linksy at it works fine with Wi Fi. Its just routers take up memory and my dad wont allow me to by one.

I can't register my DS with my Linksys router. Where do you find the information for manual setup?

If you're using WPA security, it won't work. Otherwise just shove your error code into NintendoWiFi.com.

Posted by Colonel

Good news!!!!! I'm hooked up with Wi Fi!!!! My dad bought a D-Link router at Cosco. My friend code is 038717-154846 for Mario Kart DS if anyone wants to add me, plus i have a sweet emblem of retro link from Legend of Zelda. YESSSS!

EDIT: PM me if you add me.

Posted by VicE

Not that anyone knows/cares, but...

DS Username: Saturn

ACWW:
Friend code: 4810-9938-9912
Town: Eighton
Character: Amanda

MKDS:

Posted by Colonel

DS username: NickyDuce
Wi Fi games owned:
Mario Kart DS
Friend code : 038717-154846
Personal Message me if you add me and supplie your friend code please.

Posted by junior senior

--

Posted by MooJ

MK code - 412 380 009 927

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting .hack//: Good news!!!!! I'm hooked up with Wi Fi!!!! My dad bought a D-Link router at Cosco. My friend code is 038717-154846 for Mario Kart DS if anyone wants to add me, plus i have a sweet emblem of retro link from Legend of Zelda. YESSSS!

EDIT: PM me if you add me.

Nice. Unfortunately I have no artistic ability so my emblem sucks. I always wonder how some people draw those anime characters for their emblem too. Man I suck with the stylus.

Posted by junior senior

hell, I just wrote Zoso (Jimmy Page's symbol) and pressed continue.

Posted by Colonel

Quoting Mystic Hero: Nice. Unfortunately I have no artistic ability so my emblem sucks. I always wonder how some people draw those anime characters for their emblem too. Man I suck with the stylus.

I know its hard mines retro link and im pretty proud of it, but those people who make those animated guys like Zero from megaman or Naruto, wow.

Posted by MGamer

ACWW Friend Code 4209-7003-0943
Town: Richmond
DS Name: Mgamer
Character Name: Chief

Add me please and tell me if u added me

Posted by Dark Link

Check my Sig for my MKDS Friend code.
Anyways my name on there is
Dark Link*

* = The 3 circle's that form a triangle!

I just finished fixing my WiFI USB! Cursed Connection problem =P
Add me with the rest of the VGC Gang =D

Posted by Mystic Hero

I've gotten away from MK since I hardly see any people on anyway. I used to be on a lot, but gave up because it was boring owning all the people that weren't up to my level of skill at the time. I'm probabaly real bad now.

Posted by junior senior

You can't be as bad as me.

7 wins like 40 losses

lol

Posted by Mystic Hero

100 wins - 55 losses I think for me.

You disconnect. :P

Posted by NightmareBassX

Hey, do any of you besides Wings (I think) own Tony Hawk American Sk8land? Its a great game, and I'd say the online capabilities are much more organized then MK:DS. Its alot of fun, its much better then I thought it would be. One thing about it though, is when I first played it, I really thought about bringing it back, But then I really got into liking it, and man is it fun. But people on there are amazing, Top score is like 78 million on pro mode in 1 2 minute run. I recommend that you buy it, if you have gotten bored of MK:DS online. Im sick of doing the levels over, and over, and over again.

THAS Friend code - 137502302638
Name - Alastor

Yeah, it's me. I completed it with all gaps and absolutely EVERYTHING to get in the game yesterday - I obviously rule.

Posted by MGamer

Can somone please add me for ACWW code is in Sig. Town is Richmond Name is Chief. If you add me then please tell me so so i will know who it is and so i can add you.

--Mgamer

Posted by Colonel

Ok i just got AC: AA my friend code is 2062-2205-0271
(personal message me if you add me, and suplie your code) PLEASE ADD ME
Town name:Wellend
Players name: Rosco

Posted by vidrinejordan05

Animal Crossing Code : 060194089254
Name= Willhelm
Town= Utopia

Posted by MGamer

yeah mine is in my siganture vidrinejordan05 I am going to add you to my friends. I just got back into the game. .hack// do you still play because your gates are never open maybe we could play sometime. I don't know.

Posted by Nightscare

mario kart ds
im AZ strait

Posted by casperbird

Is anyone Australian here and they play Animal Crossing: WW?

Posted by Colonel

I do Play MCGamer but im grounded until April 1st

Posted by bazariah

DS username: bazariah

mario kart ds: 214815 - 892839

tony hawk: 214815895436

Name: Kanwulf
Game: Metroid Prime: Hunters
Code: 3479-5991-0723

PM me if you add me, so I know.

Posted by GameMiestro

Metroid Prime Hunters:

4424-4926-1554

Call me whatever you want, it changes automatically. As usual, PM me if you add me.

Posted by MGamer

I have Animal Crossing and Metroid Prime Hunters. My question is where do you find your Metroid Prime Friend Code?

If you can't find it, it could be one of two things - that you haven't played online yet, and thus don't have a code, or that you're playing First Hunt, which isn't online.

Posted by Keael

I hate when everyone online is three hundred and ninety seven times better than I am; that's because I always get the game like a year after it's been released.

Yeah. :) At least I can practice with FH until May-ish when Hunters is out over here.

Posted by MGamer

no i have hunters and i've played it online but where do i go to find the friend code?

What the hell? Was that Digimon porn?

Posted by MGamer

Alright Vampiro finally told me where I found the code for Metroid Prime Hunters.

Name: Mgamer

Code: 2620-6081-2600

Posted by bazariah

does anybody still play mario kart? if so add my code so we can play against each others :D

ooh btw i'll be getting tetris next month woo-hooo

Yeah man, I'm getting Tetris next week :) I'll write your codes down for bothof those games and add them next time I hit up my WiFi spot.

Posted by dylananisa

It will be open withen 2-3 hours so heres my code

town name: Zelphie

Name: Anisa

Friend code: 1589-8161-5575

pm me your friend code if you want to come.

ps holding treasure hunt:):):)

Posted by flyingboris

PSP is better!!!!!

Posted by mesejese

hi!
I have Animal Crossing for the DS,
I live in Canada.
My friend code is:

anyone, feel free to add me, or email me your friend code at: [email]mesejese@hotmail.com[/email]

Posted by mesejese

Sorry, I just posted a message, and I totally forgot to post my user name and my town name.

Name: Jesi
Town Name: Poochy
Friend I.D: 4510 3947 5414

e-mail: [email]mesejese@hotmail.com[/email] to email me yours!!
BTW, my wireless connection sucks @ss, so it's a 50/50 chance.

Posted by Sk2k52

In the future mesejesse, try editing your post if you forgot something.

MP: Hunters
FC: 5412-3370-4121
Alias: Sk

Posted by Ziggy

Alright, we've established that I've just arrived to this site, but to amplify the fact that I am an actual newb in real life as well, I must satisfy my urge to ask stupid questions that I need answers to.

I've owned a DS since it came out, yet I found out about internet conection last week. Can someone explain to me how this works? ( The whole internet connection)
Do you have to buy a cable and plug on your computer? Even then, what do you do?
Websites?

;_;

Quoted post: I've owned a DS since it came out, yet I found out about internet conection last week. Can someone explain to me how this works? ( The whole internet connection)
Do you have to buy a cable and plug on your computer? Even then, what do you do?
Websites?

It's quite simple. The DS operates using Wifi, so it can access the internet completely wireless. All you need is a hotspot, which is basically a router that broadcasts a wireless signal. If you don't have that, you can buy a connector (this thing: http://www.cnet.com.au/i/r/2005/games/portable/ds_wifi_connector_b.jpg) from a game store that piggybacks off of your PC's connection using a USB port. However, they're pretty pricey, like, forty bucks. You can buy a cheap wireless router for around twenty.

Once you have that, all you need is a Wifi-enabled game, go into the settings, follow the instructions, and bam, you're basically online.

Posted by Ziggy

Holly crap. That is by far my discovery of the century. That is so hardcore.

So, how do I know if I need a wire or if it's good to log on without one?
Too bad I don't have it here with me. It's at my moms. x_o;

So, I basically turn it on being near a computer and voila or do I need a special website or something?

No special website required. It all depends on how your Internet connection is set up. If it's wireless Internet, chances are you'll be able to navigate through the menus on your DS and use it from there, after setting up the connection in your DS. You don't even need a wire to connect your DS to your PC - all you need is an Internet connection and something in your computer that connects a wireless network. If you don't have that, then you'll need that white USB connector that was pointed out to you. I use that, an it couldn't be easier.

By far the easiest way to do it is to go to your local McDonalds, turn on your DS, select internet play and connect. You don't even need to ask the staff.

Posted by Ziggy

hahaha

thanks for the help.

What do you meen by connecting at McDonalds?

Well, you need to be near a wireless router. That's the most important thing. You should be able to tell if it's wireless just by looking at it. Once you have that, go into the settings od a Wifi game and try to connect. If that doesn't work, refer to the manual and go through the additional steps. If THAT doesn't work for whatever reason, your router may not be broadcasting the proper signal. Which will mean you need Nintendo's connector or a newer wireless router.

That's it. You need anything expect a computer, a router, and a DS.

Edit: Wings beat me to it

Quoted post: What do you meen by connecting at McDonalds?

All McDonalds are hotspots. So you can use any wireless device in there.

Posted by Ziggy

I'll get my DS for next week, I'll try it and tell you guys how it ended up going.
Chances are I won't survive this big adventure. The game'll most likely blow up in my face and kill on impact like that cat last year...

nvm what was written here. I thought I was in another thread.)

Most McDonald's restaurants in the US and UK have free wireless access for DS users. In the US it's provided by a company called Wayport; in the UK, BT Openzone. Just have a look on the wall of the restaurant to find their logo - it should be fairly obvious. If you're not sure, just ask the staff if they have WiFi access.

If they have, sit down, boot up your DS, and select the WiFi option (it's the one with the red and yellow lines coming out of a DS symbol). That'll connect you to the Internet. If it doesn't, you need to do a very quick setup, and it's very self-explanatory: it'll search for a connection, find one, and then you Just press A until it's done.
After you're connected, you'll be able to search for people to play against. From there it's up to you.

Note: when I say Internet, I don't mean like websites and stuff. I mean that your DS will be connected, wirelessly, to any other DS in the world you care to choose that's doing the same thing you are.

EDIT: [url=http://www.nintendowifi.com/consumerservice/gettingStarted.do?entryId=home]Click here[/url] for help on how to set up a connection at home. If you can't do that, then go [url=http://www.nintendowifi.com/hotspots/searchHotSpot.do]here[/url] and put your Zip code in to find your nearest connection point for Nintendo WiFi Connection.

Once you're connected, very game will give you a Friend Code - you can give this to people to set up specific matches rather than just random people online. Note that only a handful of games right now are WiFi enabled - Mario Kart, Tony Hawk, Animal Crossing, Metroid Prime and Tetris being the only ones out right now that can use it, although more are coming.

Posted by Ziggy

What about McDonalds in Canada? Better yet, Quebec? This place has nothing. I'd be surprised they having connection. I've never seen anyone playing with a DS in one.

Well, not a lot of people do, but the option is there. I've a feeling Wayport offers access in Canada as well - if so, Quebec will definitely have some spots. Have a look at the link I provided in my previous post to find your nearest one.

Posted by Dark Link

Region: US

Mario Kart DS:
Username: Dark Link£

Tetris DS:
Username: Dark Link*

Animal Crossing WW:
Unknown (Never Play Online)
(* = 3 Circle Triangle)

Quoted post: I've a feeling Wayport offers access in Canada as well - if so, Quebec will definitely have some spots.

Not necessarily. Quebec is basically an entirely different country. So just because it applies to Canada, doesn't mean it applies to Quebec.

Posted by coromoro

Mario Kart DS:

coromoro
528340-901365

Metroid Prime Hunters

PFC coro
2749-4630-1511

Posted by Ant

Quoting Ant: DS Username: Ant

Add on Metriod Prime Hunters: 3093-0529-1142

Posted by inequity

Tetris
1302-3690-8674

Mario Kart:
2620-5475-9439

Metroid Prime Hunters:
4896-9451-7598

Animal Crossing:
3866-0882-8138

You'll find me playing Tetris the most. If you add me in any game, PM me saying so and I'll add you...given you supply me with your code of course.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Mario Kart: 425261874015

Tetris DS: 824493723021

Animal Crossing: 189047130927

Metroid Prime: 459629811407

:cool:

Posted by bazariah

i just got tetris today friend code is:

427686 019093

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting bazariah: i just got tetris today friend code is:

427686 019093

I'll be adding ya, Baz.

Posted by bazariah

i just added you x :D

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting bazariah: i just added you x :D

I've actually set up a battle now, if you're interested.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting The X: I've actually set up a battle now, if you're interested.

that i am and i've just responded to the invite :D

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting bazariah: that i am and i've just responded to the invite :D

*sniff*

I got pwned 5 - 1.

:(

Posted by bazariah

sorry bout that, i love me tetris :D

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting bazariah: sorry bout that, i love me tetris :D

You weren't even using hard-drop or hold functions...

I feel like a n00b!

Just so you know, I've added both you Uk-ers to my roster. Get 'er done.

EDIT: Apparently my Tetris FC got destroyed in the purge last week.

Posted by crelda

2663 5952 2032 is my code for hunters.
pm me so i can add you.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Mario Kart
Lt.Frosty

Tetris DS
Jamie

Animal Crossing
Jamie
Cocoland

Metroid Prime: Hunters
Jamie

Posted by Mystic Hero

Ok so here an update for me:

Metroid Prime Hunters Freidn Code:
2749-4669-5814

Since I just bougth it over the weekend I will be playing a lot so chances are you may find me on wifi often.

Posted by Moogs

DS Username: Moogs

Metroid Prime Hunters:
[URL=http://www.friendcodes.com/forums/member.php?u=5552][IMG]http://friendcodes.com/forums/bars/Xcrossxshadowx-mph.jpg [/IMG][/URL]

Tony Hawk's American Sk8Land:

Posted by Zetswai

Metroid Prime Hunters FC: 2062 2747 9431
Name: Predator)(

Posted by Jarulara

HMMM just got my DS thingy so here is my:

Animal Crossing:
Spyral (My town)
Jason (My Name)
055903852820 (My code)

Posted by Oblivion&Oathkeeper

Here's mine

Mario Kart DS: 034421806935

Metroid Prime Hunters: 451039144570

Posted by MoneyBaggz

HEy Yo COme aNd Add Me TOO!!

Name:MoneyBag

Town:seaside

Code:0473-1461-7025

Just got Hunters.

Add me and we'll chat sometime. :)

Posted by ExoXile

So did I.

Code:
0000-7021-0321

Add me!:o

Posted by Nintendo_king4

hey wuz up im new and i got mkds and animal crossing

and im raw in mariokart

Posted by ExoXile

Ok, all kewl people.
I wanna try MP:Hunters, so up with them friend codes! :(

Posted by Nintendo_king4

how about all mariokart mph and acww freind codes

Uh, just look through the thread.

Posted by protomanv4

DS username:Tammy
WFC games owned:
ANimalcorssing Friend code:2749-4819-4656 Name:Tam Town: DS Town.I would like you to pm me to tell me that u have added me and tell me your friend code too. Also My fruits are apple, peach, orange, and pear

Posted by XxLionheartXx

plz add me to metroid prime hunters, my friend code is 1031-4894-6353, jsut message me back when you add me so i can add you!!!

Posted by Datdude

hey the x do you want me anyway dog here is mine tell me if you regester me

Mario kart.....name..nk4.(Nintendo_king4)f/c is.....008652-300620
i got you

Posted by Datdude

oh i love your pics advent children and final fantasy are the best

Posted by XxLionheartXx

Exile i sent you a message check it! Hurry!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting ExoXile: So did I.

Code:
0000-7021-0321

Add me!:o

added you, your number is easy to remember.

Posted by powerpuff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Animal Crossing

Posted by crelda

my metroid prime hunters is
2663 5952 2032
iv added all of you.

Posted by powerpuff

Quoting powerpuff: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Animal Crossing

Mp hunters
3565-5416-4136
Ikespawn

Posted by XxLionheartXx

my friend code on lost magic is 223410760285, message on here if you added me so i can add you

I traded in my old DS and bought the new DS Lite yesterday. Therefore I have a few new friend codes for my games. If I was on any of your friends lists please edit my code(s) and update it/them.

Mario Kart- 455-338-932-135

Animal Crossing- 0000-7241-3584

Posted by Apathetic

Metriod - 3393-7539-9553
Mario Kart - 403799-908592
Will get AC up when I actually play it

Posted by Bebop

Becuase I have a new Ds Lite my code for each game has changed. Here is the updated ones. Ill add more later.

Animal Crossing
Town: Slyvania
Name: Sam
0644-9765-6433

Added: Virtual Reality Zone, Protoman, The X

Mario Kart

Added: Virtual Reality Zone, Apathetic, coromoro, Ant, The X, Bazariah

Metroid Prime Hunters

Posted by Mr.Microsoft

[SIZE=2]Monkeys.
They may be cute.
They may be cuddly.
They may even be able to stand and play a Accordion while wearing a funny little costume and a miniature sombrero.
But don't be fooled.
Monkey's....
........Kill.
Monkey's kill people.
Every year over 70 Million people die of Monkey-pock's and other monkey related diseases.
If you see someone, you know or love. Pretending, talking about, or going to see monkey's or monkey related media. Then you need to be a friend a get them some help. Because Friends don't let friends be killed by Monkey's.
Join the Anti-Monkey movement at, [url]www.Nomoremonkeys.com[/url]. or register for the "National Monkey Prevention Society" at [url]www.Monkeyskill.org[/url].
Sign up now and get a FREE monkey Explosive Whistle. With this amazing whistle, near by monkeys with actually EXPLODE is they hear it. Members who join both sites, will also receive a very special, "I had a Evil monkey in my closet...But my dad shot him with an -16!" Bumper-sticker.
Remember, with you're help. We can make a difference.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ADVERTISEMENT
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello! My name is Dave Chatuee and I'm a monkey Scientist. In recent years we have learned many interesting things about monkeys.
FACT: Did you know that monkey's are actually responsible for mix-matching you're socks? They are also guilty of stealing car and house key's from over a million Americans each day...and then...Placing them in really, inconvenient places in your own household!
FACT: It was a monkey that actually shot and killed JFK
FACT: Monkeys are not born, but hatch from a grotesque Primal alien cocoon.
FACT: Monkeys celebrate the birth of a newborn, by stabbing, shooting and then hanging another member of there clan.
FACT: Did you know that monkeys's actually can not be killed by fire or bullets? The only thing that can kill a monkey is a Silver bullet....placed inside of a blue-burning, wood stake....taped to a cross.....drenched in holly water....and shot out of a Large cannon, in the middle of the day, in a location with a lot of sunlight.
FACT: Monkeys are sexually attracted to fire.
FACT: Captured Monkeys if not properly watched, will actually eat there own facies until they die.
FACT: Did you know that 9 out of 10 Monkey's are actually born, clutching a large bazooka?
FACT: Did you know that monkey's can actually invade you're dreams and then crap on you? It's true over a 20 people we spoke to at the local mental hospital, said they report seeing monkeys on a regular basis.
FACT: Did you know that for over 2 thousand years, monkey's have been actually secretly planning to take over the world? In 1948 in Roswell New Mexico, a large Space craft crash landed in a near by field. Later the wreckage would be returned under covert conditions to a local air base later dubbed Area-51. It was not aliens that they found on the air craft though. It was monkeys! Little monkeys in silver jump suits and tin helmets! When one of the monkey's awoke later, He began to speak to the area nurse in EBONICS. He said that monkeys had been planning to take over the planet and eventually the whole universe since the beginning of time, BUT they didn

Posted by Mr.Microsoft

I have a DS lite, and honestly I am glad I waited to get a DS. Because I actually saw one of the origonal DS's yeaterday, and I thought to my self. How do they fit that into there pocket? Also The screen was far to dull.

Posted by Klarth

DS Username: Klarth
Region: UK

Metroid Prime Hunters

Mario Kart DS

Posted by Zeta

Finally able to play Hunters on wifi, at least whenever I'm at my aunt' house.

Zeta
US

1632 8284 0074

Quoted post: Finally able to play Hunters on wifi, at least whenever I'm at my aunt' house.

Hit me up on AIM or something the next time your there, champ.

Posted by Zeta

Gonna be here 'til Friday, and the place where we're moving is only a couple blocks from there house, so I can most likely come over pretty often. :cookie:

Posted by Klarth

****ing sweet.

VGC hunters clan anyone?

Posted by Zeta

VGC vs GW

Kick their asses.

Spoilers: We win.

Posted by ExoXile

I've got MP:H, but WTF!
Never played online. :(

If you can get on wifi, give me your code and we'll play some matches.

Posted by Klarth

Spoilers: Vamp wins every game

I'll play as someone I suck with, like Samus or something.

Posted by GameMiestro

I'm a little bit flustered because somebody added me on their friend list for Lost Magic, by the name of ***BXR*** or something like that. Clearly, it's someone from VGChat, so here's my friend code... again.

Name: G. Miestro
Rating: 2496
F. Code: 309312335837

Please tell me if you add me.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Holy hell, I never added mine. :mad:

Username:
Shitz

MP:H
1675-7837-3551

Posted by Arcadios

I just got mine today and I had fun matches with random people.
AIM me for a match, I guess.

Username:
Mr.N

Region:
U.S.

Mario Kart:

Posted by Zeta

lol I forgot to post my Mario Kart friend code.

Region: That place between Canada and Beaner Land.

Name: Zeta

Posted by Phantasma2

[COLOR="Black"]For Metroid Prime Hunters

Username:
Gundy

Friend Code:
1160 - 3922 - 5966[/COLOR]

Posted by Arcadios

Finally got Hunters. ^__^
Tied with Zeta but could break it. :(

Name:Arcadios

And I got Animal Crossing. ^___^
Town:Gagazet
*Pending*

Posted by Phantasma2

Lite etc

For Metroid Prime

Username:
Phantasma

Friend Code:
2878 - 4243 - 2659

Posted by GameMiestro

New Mario Kart Code:

378036 671433

Prepare to get served...

Posted by junior senior

Mario Kart: 425287-717115
Tetris: 726227-782524

Posted by RandomizeR

Mario Kart: 386615-734158

Posted by Proto Man

Username: Proto Man

Mario Kart DS: 360871 - 737672

Final Fantasy III: 515490563959

Posted by Caraara

Animal Crossing - 2534 3351 9802

Posted by koopanater

Quoting powerpuff: Animal Crossing

my friend code is 154713796110. my town is burbank. and my name is suleiman

Posted by RandomizeR

Name: RandomizeR or m00ncat

Wii Code: 6366-8575-1988-1873
Pokemon Diamond: 2363-2116-2444
Mario Kart DS 1: 386615-734158
Mario Kart DS 2: 511195-730083
Metroid Hunters: 2062-2713-6670
Puzzle Planet League: 266390-789522
Tetris DS: 820977-367111
Warcraft 3: RandomizeR07

Posted by Gargomon251

DS Username: PawsOff (may change)

Wifi Connection Games Owned:
Pokemon Diamond: Batabii: 4682 4939 8371
Metroid: 4467-6935-3375
ACWW: 4510-4398-3793 Drake of Tefnia
Starfox: 044-761-443-554
MarioKart DS: 524058-427719
Tetris DS: 664352-979024
Bomberman: 339386451957
Castlevania: 206244651047
FF3: 502595443406

Wii Code:
5114 9201 8713 7788

I also mod a yahoo DS Wifi group. PM me if you want the URL.
We only have a few members right now.

Also ****! How come nobody ever has more than three games??? It's not like I'm rich or anything, this is over 2 years worth of games . This whole thread is basically dead :(

Posted by mis0

Name: mis0

Mario Kart DS: 481135-284252

Posted by Alastor

Mario Kart DS

Name: Alastor
FC: 141836 - 259268

Posted by Arcadios

Changed mine.
MK
FC:356582-525096

Posted by Tabascork

DS Username: Tabascork

Metroid Prime: Hunters

Tetris DS

Posted by Alastor

Mario Kart DS (Still the same.)
Name: Dan
FC: 141836 - 259268

Pokemon Diamond (Still the same, just never posted it in this thread.)
Name: Alastor
FC: 2878 6432 2327

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Name: Dan
FC: 232040 - 488422

Phantom Hourglass has some pretty awesome multiplayer. :cool:

Posted by Pokemon on wifi

OMG IS MARIO KART DS

Posted by metroidhunter9292

I see that this thread hasnt been up in a while...I came back to this site so i could post a MPH friend code...But I guess not

Posted by Arcadios

New MK
176 213
236 062

Posted by mis0

Metroid Prime
Name: [miso]
Code: 3394 1570 0384

Mario Kart
Name: [miso]
Code: 2664 0125 1815

Tank Beat
Code: 0087 1125 6939

Adding Arcadios... if anyone else still plays, I'll add them too.

Posted by Kit

Mario Kart DS
197 689 248 575

Custom Robo Arena
1289 7284 2713

Online only just started working today so I'll find out some others tomorrow.

Posted by Acris

i have a DS and i love it to death but i just can`t stand ho you have to have the ds next to one enother i can`t anybody have solutions

Posted by Kit

Set up a Nintendo Wifi Connection, if you have wireless internet.

Posted by Ant

Bump for update on all my wifi codes(kept for zelda PH since I loaned it out recently)

Old'd
Metriod Prime Hunters: 3093-0529-1142

New'd
Planet Puzzle League:219145-024560
Pok

Posted by Arcadios

We should have a Mario Kart orgy.

Posted by ExoXile

I'll play some Pok

Posted by Ant

I'm surprised you didn't get advance wars dawn of ruin yet.

Posted by ExoXile

It's released today. :cool:

I might have to sell off a game or two tho, so we'll see. :(

Posted by ExoXile

You don't wanna play pok

Posted by Ant

ehhh. THINK OF THE BATTLE FIELD

Posted by ExoXile

I AM!

I could easily throw away some meaningless CG game for it, but I'm so in debt right now...

But I will definitely try to get a hold of it, today.

I was stupid enough to sell Dual Strike...

DOES IT EXCEED DS, HUH, DOES IT!?

Posted by Zeta

Advance Wars FC: 223462-960457

Give me a few years to get better at this first.

Posted by Ashen

I've really only got two games with WiFi capabilities... I'm cheap, what can I say. Plus, by the time I want to /get/ a certain DS game, I can't find it on the shelf anymore. Stupid licensing habits... I'd rather see a new Castlevania game on the shelf instead of "HANNAH MONTANA IN BIG TWEENIE SCREAMFEST."

Mario Kart DS: 412401-703341
[b]Pok

Posted by ExoXile

Advance Wars: DC (DoR) - 421031 785122

Just let me know whenever someone's up for a game.

Added Zeta and Ant.

Posted by ghenning3657

advanced wars DOR 244939-008403
diddykong racing ds 326510-649419
zelda PH 352313-280053

Posted by ☆ pink moxy ☆

hey if you wanna add me and come see me my friend code is: 0602-6268-8027:
town: pinktown name:pinkie

Posted by Leanne-2o08x

Add Me On Animal Crossing Please.. =]

Friend Code: 1762-3567-6489
Name: Leanne
Town: Belfast

I'm Alwayz On Lmao =]

xX <3*,;...

Posted by Zelda_Guy

Is your gate always open RAWR
watch out for seeders

Posted by Iris

Mario Kart DS: 378017-057448

Let me know who to add.

Posted by Apathetic

Pokemun 4640 0039 4720

Posted by ESCALADE

OK THIS IS CONCERNING MPH FRIEND CODES MINE IS 1332-7290-3399 PLZ GIVE ME YOURS TY

Posted by Proto Man

Alright, so I had to send my DS in to get repaired. What they ended up doing is replacing the whole main board, so now I have to re-do all my internet stuff. New friend codes for anyone interested:

Username: Proto Man

Mario Kart DS: 313695 316914

Final Fantasy III: 433954406486

Posted by radical

Animal Crossing

FC: 1849-1141-2982
Name: Kayla
Town: Galax

Posted by riolumaster

PKMN Diamond FC

1849 1203 0565