SPS graphics

Posted by higbvuyb

This is split from the "thing people said" thread. Klarth, please tell me why you think the PSP has PS2 graphics, so I can prove you wrong.

EDIT: Yeah, I know the title is wrong. I'm allowed ot make spelling mistakes, you know. And you don't know if I did it on purpose or not.

Posted by Klarth

Tell me why you think it doesn't.

Posted by Speedfreak

Because it's not physically capable.

That was easy, wasn't it?

Posted by Klarth

Speedfreak, you read Edge, right? Did you ever catch that issue featuring a glossy picture of a PSP on the cover? There was an article inside saying something along the lines of "we don't want to be graphics whores but the graphics themselves are on par with most PS2 games". That's where I'm drawing my logic from.

Posted by KoH

SPS? That's more than a f*cking "spelling error."

Personally though, I don't think it does have PS2 graphics quality. Sure it's got very similar, but it's merely an illusion due to the fact that the screen is so small compared to a huge TV. GTA looks great though and if I didn't know any better I'd say it had the same quality of graphics, but other games... :-/

Anyway, it's the fact that the resolution is small when compared to a TV that makes people think it has the same graphics.

Posted by higbvuyb

Graphics quality is determined by resolution, the actual displayed image, and the screen quality. The screen quality doesn't count, because it depends on the TV. The PS2 has a far higher resolution than the PSP, and it actually has decent graphics, while a display PSP with Ridge Racer running wasn't even anti-aliased.

Posted by Boner

Klarth, I like you. You are a good guy and all. And I love my PSP. But, it's just an illusion, my friend. For a handheld, the PSP's graphics do look super sweet (on most games). But, there is no way in hell that it has the same graphics as a PS2. Actually, the game magazine I read (can't remember which) stated that it has slightly better graphics that a PS1.