Recommended PC games

Posted by inequity

So I finally got a really good video card that can play any game with out any slowdown, so I was wondering what games there were for the PC you recommend buying.

Im into pretty much any genre except for racing and point/click games.

Posted by Boner

DOOM III is ok.......until you discover Quake 4, that is.
Basically; skip DOOM and get Quake.

Edit: I just noticed your custom user title. Wouldn't you have to die in order to get to Hell? Anyway....QUAKE 4!!!

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Quoting Opeth: ....QUAKE 4!!!

Yes, listen to the almight Opeth! Get quake 4!

Or you can get Age of Empires III (Just came out and it looks great), Call of Duty: Big Red One, F.E.A.R, Unreal Tournament 2004, the list goes on and on.

Posted by inequity

I never played a Quake game before, am I going to be at a loss when it comes to the story line? Or is it a completely different game from the rest?

Quoting Opeth: I just noticed your custom user title. Wouldn't you have to die in order to get to Hell?

I took that user title from TheBlazikenMaster.

Posted by Boner

It's a FPS. You won't really be at a loss with it. It's pretty much a new story line.

Posted by NegativeTrend

San Andreas, Psychonauts, and Morrowind are basically must haves. Also, if you're into mindless killing and lots of mods get UT2004.

Posted by shadowassultOWNED

no quake... well dont get 4. get the half life 2 game o year or civ 4 or call of duty2 (called call of duty the big red one for ps2) fear is good and great. yea

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II, Icewind Dale, Icewind Dale II, Neverwinter Nights, and Guild Wars. And we can't forget Zoo Tycoon.

Posted by shadowassultOWNED

I see your a rpg fan, and I agree guild wars is great!

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Get UT2004, Guild Wars, and Age of Empires III. :D

Posted by muffla

ut 2004 is a definate must but if you like first person shooters gett serious sam its good and funny reminded me of the old dukenukim days

Posted by brownoystercult

Someone would be a fool to pass up Half-Life 2. The story can keep you busy for quite a long while. When you're done with it, you have Counter-Strike: Source; arguably, one of the best online action games.

Posted by KoH

Counter-Strike Source (half-life bundle basically, oh and DOD source), Doom 3, Quake (obviously, I mean, come on. It's a kick*ss game), and uh... Oh! F.E.A.R.! Yeah, definitely FEAR (not doing the period thing again). In fact, get FEAR over Doom 3.

Posted by Random

Rise of Nations ;-)