Your most wanted Virtual Boy accessory(s)

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Since this board hasnt been posted in since October 30th, I guess I will make this stupid thread :D

What are your most wanted Virtual Boy accessory(s) that were never released?

I really, really want the link cable. I don't know, I just think it would be cool to play against your friends with two seperate virtual boys in the same "virtual" world.

Posted by Boner

Well, that pretty much wraps up this thread. Can anyone name any other accessory(s) for this system that were supposed to be relased, but never were?

Hey, on the bright side....at least we have another thread in this forum :D .

Edit: On a side note; I should be getting a store display stand soon.

Posted by lameboyadvance

Indeed. Thats pretty much the only accessory that was planned. :(
...And if you really want one, you can alwayes make it. ;)

I don't want to see an accessory, more of a console redesign. I've always wanted either a "Virtual Boy Color" (not going to happen :(), or a "Virtual Boy Pocket" - a redesign to make it less bulky and more portable (an idea which has been floating around my head for years, along with all the other VB crap I never seem to get to do)...

Posted by Pete

Virtual Girl

[SIZE="1"]
(There is a joke involving "red" and another one about "black", but as this is a forum controlled by uptight panty-wearers, I'll refrain)[/SIZE]

Posted by inequity

Virtual boy Lamp-o-tron.

Posted by Zelda_Guy

We should make a petision to make a new VirtualBoy and that it will beable to play the old VB games

Uh...how I love Virtual Boy newcomers........

Um... Zelda_dude... the Virtual Boy has been discontinued for 10 years now...Nintendo will never bring it back. One stupid petition* with signitures from a small group of VB enthusiasts (cough...Me, Bill (opeth), Krisse (KR155E), LameBoy (and other people at vr32.de, and VRZ.cjb.net cough...) will NOT change their minds over at Nintendo.

Posted by Boner

Yeah, we really are a small group. Just enjoy it for what it is; A big fluke of a failure of a system that only a select few screwball fans actually enjoy.

It shall never return.

:bowser:

Posted by lameboyadvance

Quoting Opeth: ...a system that only a select few screwball fans actually enjoy.

It shall never return.

*screwball reluctantly agrees* :(

;)

Posted by mis0

Never released? Link cable.
Thing I need: New stand. My old one broke a while back; knocked blade drawer on it.

I have an extra stand the I'm going to sell on eBay soon...

I also have an extra link cable that I don't need...I guess you can pick up your jaw now because I'm kidding :D.

Anyway...I'm loving your avatar & sig. Misoxeny. :D

Posted by mis0

If you seriously have a stand... let me know. I'll buy it. And, you have yourself a derka crhistmane, infidel. DERKA DERKA.

Posted by redrum666

Quoting Opeth: Yeah, we really are a small group. Just enjoy it for what it is; A big fluke of a failure of a system that only a select few screwball fans actually enjoy.

It shall never return.

:bowser:

lets here it for the screwball VB fans cuz with out us some of these games would be lost forever and would not get such high prices on ebay

Posted by LHoT

I want the cable that was supposed to connect it to the TV so others can see whats happening, even tho it was only 2-d. I also wish I had the japanese stand, never came out in america, it was ajustable for different hieght tables.

Posted by lameboyadvance

A TV out cable was never made. The only model that had that capability was the special "Video Boy" development device used in the early years.

And the way the VB is designed making a cable would require a lot of modifications.

Posted by LHoT

I know, but I recall reading somewhere that a cable like that was in planning. I can't recall where tho... ... ...! ahh here it is. (I saw it here a couple of years ago, when I was like 11) http://virtual-boy.org/tvdisplaydevice.htm

Posted by virtualworld

i want a cable that you can connect a game boy to a virtual boy

Posted by virtualworld

you know virtual boy carts are like game boy carts it would be cool if you could play game boy carts on the virtual boy

Posted by lameboyadvance

...Thats like saying NES carts are like N64 carts, so why can't I play Mega Man on the N64? :rolleyes:

And besides, there are plenty of devices to let you play GB games anyway. Go pick up a Super Game Boy + SNES for $20.

Posted by Ferry

Recently got one that I've wanted for a while, a big tripod stand for my first VB. No more lack of space on tables is keeping the VB in the corner now :)

Posted by virtualworld

i think nintendo should have a reunion bringing all the old consoles back into life

Posted by lameboyadvance

Quoting virtualworld: i think nintendo should have a reunion bringing all the old consoles back into life

Its called Virtual Console.

...But yes, I'd love to see Nintendo remaking previous consoles + their games. Sony had the right idea keeping the PSX going up until recently. Dreamcast games are still being created to this day.
Only Nintendo feels the need to kill of something once a shinier one comes along. :(