Are you a hardcore gamer?

Posted by King of the world

I am not. Madden 2006, Resident Evil 4, and Pokemon XD are the only games I play a lot.

Posted by Boner

But, look on the bright side. At least you're a hard core n00b.

Posted by Crazy K

I guess I can say im somewhat of a hardcore gamer. Whenever I get a new game I play it nearly till its finished. For example, I finished Indigo Prophecy in 5 or so hours (In actually 2 days, but it was a short game) and I just did not want to stop playing.

Whenever a new WWE Smackdown Game comes out, I tend to get it for either my birthday and or Christmas (witch is what im doing this year).

I also figures something out. I was sitting in class, and I started to push on my pen, and I was doing it fast. I noticed that other people that do that, do go as fast. If you can click a pen extremely fast with both hands, then your a good gamer.

I really cant say im an extreme gamer though. I do play a lot of video games, but not as much like all of them big hardcore gamers.

Anyways if you play video games try the Pen test (yes its stupid). But lets make this game up. I say click your pen for a min and count how many times you clicked your pen.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

lol double post

And yeah, I am. Do I need to write five paragraphs about it?

Posted by cool gamer dad

I think I talk about games more than I play them.

It depends what you would consider hardcore. Do you base it simply on how long a person plays games, or how many different genres they are familiar with? I play an average of 5-6 hours a day when I'm not regulated, but I only play a few different games until I get tired of the ones I play.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I used to be a lot more 'hardcore'. I don't have time to be hardcore anymore, but I still play games whenever I get the chance.

Posted by Azusa

Same as Angelwing. I really don't have time to play as much as I used to, but whenever I happen to get the chance it's usually what I can be found doing.

Quoted post: I don't have time to be hardcore anymore

lol this isn't the place, nor the time for your usual Wang hawtness.

Posted by Hyper

I actually hardly ever play video games anymore, save a few rounds every now and then of Battlefield 2 (Demo Version).

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

No.

I'm hradcore.

Posted by Fate

Gaming is a lifestyle for me, not a simple hobby. I am a hardcore gamer.

Posted by Non-ExistentOne

Yeah, I am. I don't buy a game and just let it collect dust, I play all my games, they are like my little electronical children.

Posted by ExoXile

Yes.
10 years of gaming (in my opinion) couldn't be called anything less than hardcore.

Posted by Speedfreak

Yes, but I'm waning. I'm having less and less time to game recently.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Quoting Opeth: But, look on the bright side. At least you're a hard core n00b.

A haha, Opeth you made me laugh today :D

Hmm, I guess I consider myself as a hardocre gamer. I don't get all nerdy about games when they come out. I sometimes get excited but not "nerdy".

I pick up every game that looks good, gets good reviews, and/or interests me.

Posted by Luigi182

Hardcore? No. I'd say I'm an avid gamer at best these days. There are days when I can't seem to do anything but play videogames in my spare time, yet there are times when I go weeks without touching any game. It's more of an ebb and flow kinda thing for me. I also tend not to play the 'hottest' games out there anymore. When I am in the mood for such activity, I check out my library first, then if nothing interests me, I'll do some research online and find something that does. It doesn't always end up with me playing the newest games but it's new to me and I enjoy it.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Oh yes. I was born with an NES controller in my hand, and that was 1979, so not only am I hardcore, I was ahead of my time.

I collect video games, video game soundtracks, video game animes/cartoons, and the occaisional hideously expensive replica of video game items.

I also now own a video arcade with tons of classic and new machines in it, which takes a special level of hardcoredness to run successfully, I can tell you!

Posted by Random

I'm a hardcore gamer when I can afford to. Not that I don't play games because I do.. Just not often. I remember owning all three systems at once, having a huge library in games for each. I have a special game closet that I had them in. I loved seeing it all with my Gamecube on the left on my TV Stand, Xbox in the Middle and PS2 to the right. It was sweet. Endless playing...

Not to mention I owned almost every great system.

I had:
Atari
NES
SNES
Genesis
Playstation 1
N64
Saturn
Dreamcast
Playstation 2
Xbox
Gamecube
Gameboy (original)
Gameboy Pocket
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance SP
Sega Gamegear

So you could say I played games a lot when I was younger.

Posted by Don Corleone

I'm Hardcore to the max.
I logged like 350 hours CODin 5 weeks, and 400 Halo 2. A well as over 3000 this year

Posted by Dexter

Yes I am. I've been a hardcore gamer since the release of the NES and I'll most likely be hardcore until I die. Like Fate, it is part of my everyday lifestyle. I've been watching video games progress a long time and I expect there is much more to see in the future. It isn't a infatuation that will gradually fade away in the future. Being a gamer has easily inspired my life and I wouldn't be the dexterous guy I am today without being a gamer.

Posted by Random

Quoting Dexter: Yes I am. I've been a hardcore gamer since the release of the NES and I'll most likely be hardcore until I die. Like Fate, it is part of my everyday lifestyle. I've been watching video games progress a long time and I expect there is much more to see in the future. It isn't a infatuation that will gradually fade away in the future. Being a gamer has easily inspired my life and I wouldn't be the dexterous guy I am today without being a gamer.

Yes I too was a hardcore gamer. But now life comes at me fast. I can't be the hardcore gamer I was. I have a couple jobs and I have to pay bills. I play games when I can but usually life itself conquers over games. Whether i'm working or playing in our little area's Football league, I have slim time for games these days. Hopefully it changes but it's hard to have very little and try to work your way up in the world.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I'm too busy being hardcore in real life to be a hardcore gamer.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Yes I too was a hardcore gamer. But now life comes at me fast. I can't be the hardcore gamer I was. I have a couple jobs and I have to pay bills. I play games when I can but usually life itself conquers over games. Whether i'm working or playing in our little area's Football league, I have slim time for games these days. Hopefully it changes but it's hard to have very little and try to work your way up in the world.

How does being a hardcore gamer work? Is it the more time you spend playing games, the more hardcore you are? hmmm

Being busy with other activities doesn't mean you are no longer a hardcore gamer, does it? There are times when I am incredibly absent from my gaming life, but I still consider myself a dedicated gamer. I have not been able to go out on an adventure to buy NES games for about 3 months now, whereas I used to go regularly to add additional games into my admirable collection. Sometimes my gaming progress moves slower than other times, but I'll get back into it when I find more time to do so. Grabbing an education and earning money are also high priorities to me. I still have not found enough time to start my crusade through the new Paper Mario game. I've been too occupied finishing a few N64, SNES, and NES games that I was never able to get around to before.

Having more game time does not make me feel more hardcore. I usually have plenty of time to journey through my games during school breaks, but I feel just as dedicated in those times as I do while school times are active.

I'm currently defeating games such as The Bard's Tale and Dungeon Magic for the NES. After I'm finish conquering those I want to finish off a few of my SNES games, namely Animaniacs.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Don Corleone]I'm Hardcore to the max.
I logged like 350 hours CODin 5 weeks, and 400 Halo 2. A well as over 3000 this year

On average that's over 8 hours a day. GO OUTSIDE.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Vampiro]lol double post

Did I? I think I did, when I posted that post my computer did not load, so I clicked on post Quick reply again.

Well anyways, I have to say Im not a trully hardcore gamer. But I might be somewhat Hardcore. :)

[Quote=Don Corleone]I'm Hardcore to the max.

Thats no good. Seriously, you need to roll up the controller and get out more, atleast cut down the gaming to like a few times a week. I dont even play video games every day, on an avarage of everyday, if I were to play games everyday, I would probably play for about an hour or so.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Don Corleone: I'm lame to the max.

Fix'd.

Posted by GameMiestro

Yes, I'm definitely a hardcore gamer. Why?

When I get a game, I play it, and perfect it, day after day, until one of two things happen:

1. I complete every possible mission, side game, and level in the game, unlock everything possible, and get records on worldwide high score lists.
OR
2. My Gameboy or DS overheats, causing the battery inside to leak acid and explode.

Posted by sabre

As a general rule, no, I am not a hardcore gamer. When I get into a game or get a new game, though, I'll make as much time for it as possible until I complete it (or get bored of it, if it's a new game that prevails to be poo. D:). Outside of that, however, I barely tend to play any video games (except MapleStory :-*) at all. Very much an on-off gamer.

Posted by Shade

Not really. Games used to be one of the most important things in my life, but now that I have to buy my own, and have no steady income, I can't buy every single game I want. I have to tell myself that I don't need a few of them, or wait until Christmas. The only games I can really play now are the exceptional RPG's out for the GBA, as they're portable. But for home consoles, I'm buying two or three games a year, now, as other things hold more importance now. But that doesn't change the fact that I love playing games when I can get the chance.

Posted by Big Boss

I started gaming since I was 5 with the NES (I was born in the year of the system's birth), and over the years I have grown nothing but closer to the industry. I play anything I get my hands on, and no matter how crappy the game I play turns out to be, I don't give it away. As a result I end up collecting games, and I also collect action figures, soundtracks (MGS3 Disc 2 sits proudly in my car CD player), posters, shirts and the like relating to the industry. I go out and watch a videogame movie despite the horrendous reviews it receives, and even pay money to get the DVD/VHS versions (Street Fighter The Movie for $6.99!). I keep up with industry news, reviews, and I write some of my own in the Reader Reviews section on GameSpot whenever time allows.

But I don't stop there, as I go to Full Sail for Game Design & Development. Why stop at playing games when I can learn how to make them? With industry professionals visiting my school on a monthly basis to provide inspiration (some of them having an influence on the curriculum as school's panel members), as well as some of their own teaching one of the classes in the school (Dave Arneson, co-creator of a little geek-loved RPG called Dungeons & Dragons, teaches "Rules of the Game"), I'm in very good hands. Sure, sleep is a concept lost to me when you spend 8 hours a day, five times a week coding, designing and listening to lecture, and the rest of the time building upon that knowledge and training while still taking a break to play Doom 3, but it's worth it.

So, yeah, I'm hardcore in a way.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Big Boss]And we watched that movie together and loved it-- the nostalgia, that is.

Future game designer boyfriend.
<333333

Posted by Dexter

I like Double Dragon more. It's more hardcore.

Posted by Fate

I was thinking of buying it, but I can't find that movie anywhere. I hope you don't lose your vision after watching that movie again. Maybe watching it as a kid gave me the bad vision I have now. :/

The colours, the clothes, the HAIR? how could it not give you bad vision.

Posted by Dexter

[IMG]http://www.robert-patrick.net/galerie/double/43.JPG[/IMG]

Posted by neonmole

I am in the amount of game forums I post in and the knowledge of games I have. But when it comes down to the time I spend playing games I probably wouldn't even make it into the casual gamer criteria. I will be increasing the amount of time I spend on games though. I just have to catch up with my school work first. :cool:

Posted by bigdaddyju34

I would say that I am fairly hardcore xbox gamer. Dont play many other systems now. Have over 100 xbox games but I only play about 10 of them. So if you would consider that hardcore?

Posted by Fireball

I read terry pratchett while playing DOTA four hours a day. Does that count?

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

From ages 5 to about 16 I was. I could play games for 10 hours a day. However, that is no longer the case, and the most I play is closer to 4-5 hours a month. All I ever play anymore are Game Boy Advance RPGs.

Posted by Echo

I consider myself fairly hardcore. I might not actually play games as much as some other people, but I like to keep myself in touch with the industry for the most part. I occasionally sit down and play a game for a long time in one sitting (just the past Monday me and a friend played Galactic Conquest mode on Star Wars Battlefront 2 until about 5:30 AM, and we hadn't even actually finished yet. We just saved to finish later.) Also, the games I play aren't particularly casual gamer games. I bought Final Fantasy VII, played it for a couple hours, thoroughly disliked it and began playing through Super Mario RPG again.

So I consider myself fairly hardcore, but maybe not the hardest of cores.

Posted by The Punisher

In the past year ive probaly played 10 hours of games.

Posted by Axis

Lately I've been playing alot of games, probably because the 360 just came out. Yesterday I played Condemned and beat it in about 10 hours over a span of 2 days, now I plan on going back and getting most of the achievements. I think the most I've ever logged in on a game was PGR2, I think I had about 142 hours on it, but with PGR3 I have about 30 or so already. So overall I would say that I'm not, because I don't usually get a bunch of games, most of the time I'm hanging out with friends.

Posted by Crazy K

As of lately I been playing a lot of WWE smackdown Vs Raw 2006, and im up for around hours just playing that one game.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

I'm about as hardcore as you can get when you can only afford an average of 1 new game every couple of months, which isn't very. Because of that, I stretch games out instead of playing 8-10 hours a day to complete it in less than a week. I'm happy playing just 1-2 hours a day, and trying to complete the game 100%.

Posted by gamerSam

I am sorta..........I guess medicore gamer. I play everyday at least 1 hour.
I think we should all believe in soul of gamer.

Posted by Zelda_Guy

Im a hardcore gamer i play at least 7 times a week and at least once a day for 2 hours and up and i have over 40 games for each system except 360
and i have all systems

Posted by Yui

I would say I am defenetly not a hardcore gamer. I almost never play games by myself. When I play its almost always under 5 hours a week. sometimes I don't play at all for weeks.

Posted by Random

I was.. I owned just about all the major systems. As of now though I had to sell them due to car insurance payments and what not.

I owned:
Atari
NES
SNES
Sega Genesis
Sega GameGear
Nintendo Gameboy
Gameboy Pocket
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance SP
Sony Playstation
Sony Playstation 2
Nintendo Gamecube
Sega Dreamcast
Microsoft Xbox
Microsoft Xbox 360 (Sold it on ebay for $230 more than I paid)

Unfortunately do to Car insurance payments or spending too much money on my gf, i'm down to an N64, Dreamcast, and a Gameboy (original). So my gaming library isn't large. I've beaten all my games for both N64 and Gameboy, and i'm currently playing DOA 2 for the Dreamcast. So it sucks. I am a hardcore gamer. When I get the cash I plan to purchase a 360. Probably pick up a lot of Xbox games that are backwards compat to play because I absolutely Loved my XBox Library I had once upon a time.

Posted by Dragner

I don't want to make anyone made but you know this reminds me of those people who have to say they are cool, if you have to say it its probably not true.

Posted by Fate

Any non-fanboy hardcore gamer is cool in my book.

Posted by VerachiIsPimP

Quoting ExoXile: Yes.
10 years of gaming (in my opinion) couldn't be called anything less than hardcore.

its not considered "hard core" if you play noob games like RPG's and games that take barly any skill...

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting VerachiIsPimP: its not considered "hard core" if you play noob games like RPG's and games that take barly any skill...

Well bjuff.

Zelda, FFV, Metroid, Metroid Prime, Goolden Eye, Perfect Dark... Man, do I need to go on?

Go fish, or something.

Posted by VerachiIsPimP

Quoting ExoXile: Well bjuff.

Zelda, FFV, Metroid, Metroid Prime, Goolden Eye, Perfect Dark... Man, do I need to go on?

Go fish, or something.

yeah you need to go on because zelda, hmm doesn't take that much skill all you have to do is lock on to the guy and hit him. metriod prime, what a disaster, lock on to the guy your shooting, its a game for people that cant aim, its a massive noob game.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting VerachiIsPimP: yeah you need to go on because zelda, hmm doesn't take that much skill all you have to do is lock on to the guy and hit him. metriod prime, what a disaster, lock on to the guy your shooting, its a game for people that cant aim, its a massive noob game.

Interests:
XBox XBox N more XBox
---------------

No wonder....-_-

Posted by Roger Smith

Rule: Rogey is more hardcore then 11 Xile's:)

Posted by ExoXile

10*

But oh well! :o

Posted by Roger Smith

Yes. You win the title of "hardcore" congrats.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/Roger_Smith0/Hardcore.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by VerachiIsPimP

Quoting Fate: Any non-fanboy hardcore gamer is cool in my book.

hey rekisu? thats not even a valid gamer tag, your lying.

Posted by Speedfreak

I AM SO HARDCORE I PLAY METROID GAMES WITHOUT THE HINT SYSTEM ON. THAT'S ABOUT AS HARDCORE AS YOU CAN GET WITHOUT SETTING YOURSELF SPECIFIC CHALLENGES. THE GAME DOES NOT WANT YOU TO BEAT IT.

Posted by Fate

Quoting VerachiIsPimP: hey rekisu? thats not even a valid gamer tag, your lying.

Uh, yeah, it is, because I, uh, have it.

And yeah, Metroid Prime really doesn't want you to beat the game. :(

RE4 on Professional.
<3

Posted by Lord of Spam

Real hardcore gamers play analogue games.

Chess ftw.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Fate:
RE4 on Professional.
<3

RE4 on professionaly is very fun. Have you tried going through the game without visiting the merchant?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Fate][COLOR=skyblue]Uh, yeah, it is, because I, uh, have it.

And yeah, Metroid Prime really doesn't want you to beat the game. :(

RE4 on Professional.[/COLOR] <3

Try Super Metroid. You will break down and cry.

Quoted post: yeah you need to go on because zelda, hmm doesn't take that much skill all you have to do is lock on to the guy and hit him. metriod prime, what a disaster, lock on to the guy your shooting, its a game for people that cant aim, its a massive noob game.

Neither game is really about fighting and shooting. They're mostly about puzzles and exploration. So, though it doesn't take much skill to beat, it does take some brain power.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Speedfreak: Try Super Metroid. You will break down and cry.

It's a shame, because Fusion was an absolute doddle.

[quote]metriod prime, what a disaster, lock on to the guy your shooting, its a game for people that cant aim, its a massive noob game.
HEY, GUYS, HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF HALO 2?

Quoted post: HEY, GUYS, HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF HALO 2?

WHAT IS AUTO-AIM?

Posted by Roger Smith

Is auto aim that n00b feature that allows you to automatically kill everything within a 25 foot radius of your person?

Posted by Klarth

Yes, Roger Smith, in home country we call that Halo 2!

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Klarth: Yes, Roger Smith, in home country we call that Halo 2!

In Soviet Russia, Halo 2 plays you!

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Fate:
RE4 on Professional.
<3

Killing most bosses with the knife? ;)

Posted by VerachiIsPimP

Quoting Klarth: Yes, Roger Smith, in home country we call that Halo 2!

man you guys no nothing im not arguing with you guys anymore.

oh and rekisu can not be a gamertag, its impossible your definitly lying just like all the lying losers on this site. yeah your so hard core you can beat a game offline, its like trying playing it online where there is other people where its not like your the only one that beat the game.

Posted by -Fierce_Deity_Link-

I'm kinda a hardcore gamer.
I haven't been playing games lately....

Posted by Fate

Quoting VerachiIsPimP: oh and rekisu can not be a gamertag, its impossible your definitly lying just like all the lying losers on this site.

WHY WOULD I LIE ABOUT MY GAMERTAG? R-E-K-I-S-U. SPELL IT. IT'S MOST DEFINITELY POSSIBLE TO HAVE SUCH A NAME BECAUSE IT IS WRITTEN IN MOTHER****ING ROMANJI.

Just stop.

Posted by VerachiIsPimP

Quoting Fate: WHY WOULD I LIE ABOUT MY GAMERTAG? R-E-K-I-S-U. SPELL IT. IT'S MOST DEFINITELY POSSIBLE TO HAVE SUCH A NAME BECAUSE IT IS WRITTEN IN MOTHER****ING ROMANJI.

Just stop.

haha you got found out if it was a real gamer tag i would have been able to add you, but it wouldn't let me so how do all your friends add you when they get a new account?

Posted by Fate

You can't even spell "Canada." You probably skipped a letter or something.

Troll.

Posted by JonMB

Currently I'm a hardcore casual gamer. Does that make sense? :)

Posted by Trigger

I am a hardcore gamer.

Posted by ExoXile

I've been playing less and less lately...:(

I had problems killing Mendez with the knife! ='(

Posted by GameMiestro

Try beating an instant-build map on Starcraft with nothing but Marines.

Hard as heck...

Posted by Dexter

I can't wait for the end of next week, which is finals week. I'm going to have a little break before spring term starts and I'm looking forward to getting plenty of game time in. I just started purchasing games on eBay yesterday, so I'm going to search out all the ones I have been desiring to go through, such as many of the SNES RPG games, and have a blast with them during the break.

The first game I purchased off eBay was Zoda's Revenge: Star Tropics 2 for the NES. I ordered Karate Champ shortly after. I'm looking forward to Star Tropics 2, but I still have not had enough time to finish the first installment. Hopefully during the school break I'll be able to venture through them both entirely.

It takes several months for me to finish a Game Cube game during the school time. With work and other activities, I seem to only be able to fit it in within the weekends, and even then I don't have much time to venture far. It seems like I've been attempting to defeat Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles since the beginning of the year. Of course, I've been going through many RPGs lately and those seem to take up more time.

Posted by Decado

Well i play for thew no6 teamgame UT2004 clan in the world on several gametypes. As part of my job i'll play a few different RPG games a day, and my job is developing games, which means when im not playing them, im planning them. I'd say that made me pretty hardcore :p

Posted by poisonblood

I used to be one but now i find it hard to find time but when i get a free day I can go for a while last month I put in 22 hours in one sitting

Posted by Hero'sCrest

Ehhh, I wouldn't call myself a hardcore gamer. I beat every game I have ever played (with the exclusion of like, three). But that is pretty much it. Not very many games are good enough to keep me playing them, only a couple. Mostly FPS', except for Oblivion...Gosh that game keeps you drawn it, it has something about it. anyways, I would say no, I'm not.

Posted by Forbidden Toast

I love playing video games, but I'm in no way hard core. At least, not unless I LOVE the game. I admit if I get bored of a game, I drop it like a rock. It's just not worth my time and I have better things to do. However, if I love a game I will spend a lot of time on it and become hard core.

I'll also admit I have 'mood swings' when it comes to gaming. There will be some times when I'm on my GC or PS2 for HOURS and DAYS on end, there are other times where I wont touch videogame consoles for months. It really does vary.

Posted by Last Fog

I spend a lot of time playing games, but I'm anything but hardcore. Once I beat a game once (if I ever do, many games I get bored with half way through), I rarely go back. I don't like to be challenged to the point of throwing a controller at the wall (which happens too often), I prefer to breeze through at a steady pace. So no.

Posted by SmileInYourSleep

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]Not really, I usually forget about a game after I beat it. Except for those addicting ones like Grand Theft Auto. Yea know, the type of games that are still fun to play after you beat them. But for some reason I find myself coming back again and again to Call of Duty 2. [/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Celestial Flame

I think it all depends on what you mean by "Hardcore".

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]Well, -Inuyasha-, what in your opinion is a 'hardcore gamer'?[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Arcadios

Well if I had to say whats hardcore it would be if you collect every system/game for that company or chracter.....In my case I guess you could consider me a hardcore gamer since I'm trying to collect every system known to man.....and everything with "Inuyasha" in it's name.

Quoting Mr.Nintendo74: Well if I had to say whats hardcore it would be if you collect every system/game for that company or chracter.....In my case I guess you could consider me a hardcore gamer since I'm trying to collect every system known to man.....and everything with "Inuyasha" in it's name.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]Well, I must admit, you are probally a hardcore gamer:D . Lol. So what systems do you have so far?[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Arcadios

Have:
Nintendo
Nintendo 64
Gamecube
Playstation
Original Playstation 2
Xbox
Gameboy pocket
Gameboy color
Gameboy Advanced
Gameboy Advanced sp
Gameboy Micro limited edition
Nintendo DS
Playstation Portable

Want Major System:
Super Nintendo
Sega Genisus
Original Gameboy
Thin Playstation
Thin Playstation 2
Sega CD

Will get in the future:
Wii
Playstation 3
Xbox 360

Posted by JonMB

In my opinion, a hardcore gamer is someone who usually plays for at least 3 hours a day, and they keep up on all the latest video game news and info.

Posted by Arcadios

I guess I can fall under that category since I googled every console and look under "News".

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]Dang, I remember when I had Super Nintendo and the old Gameboy...Those were the days lol. The Mario on Gameboy was awesome, especially in black and white.[/COLOR][/FONT]:D

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I'm so hardcore, I have the Atari Jaguar (mother ****in' worst console EVER). :D

Posted by Raptor

Quoting SapphireRose: I'm so hardcore, I have the Atari Jaguar (mother ****in' worst console EVER). :D

No, I believe you're thinking of the Philips CD-i. Remember that system? No? Good.

I'm a very softcore gamer.

Posted by Crazy K

I guess I'm very close to being a casual gamer since I don't check up on game info or play video games as much as I would like to. But I do take my time to go to LAN Party's and such.

Anyways I usually play one game until I get tired of it, then ill wait till a game I like comes out and then ill try to purchase it.

Posted by Gamer4life

i guess i am a harecore gamer. When i get a game, i dont stop until it is finish. Well if it is a RPG Game, i usually take a break. I beat kingdom hearts in 10-11 hours. I beat *** of war in 2-4 hours. i beat resident evil 4 in 6 hours. I also beat Devil may cry 3 in 4 hours. i beat alot of games. I ANT NAMING THEM ALL.

Posted by ad_man63

I'm not a hardcore gamer, but when I get a new game I won't hesitate to play it 4-5 hours at once.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I take games more seriously than most people seem to. At times I wonder how people can be so content with being so bad. Especially on Warcraft III. :(

Posted by Arczu

And as for me. Well heck yeah, I'm hardcore. I got an N64, SNES and PS1 in my room with a Dreamcast in it's case, then a PS2 and Gamecube in our basment living room.

Our computer has a few games I like to play like UT2k4 and Tetris Elements. I have a GBA and a DS to play when I'm forced to wait like my double-buse ride to work (1 hour's worth). I have to say, I play a lot of games. But since my new job, I cut back a bit to keep fatigue away.

I was HARD-EFFING-core back when I was elementary. It was games EVERYDAY back then, with friends filling the 2, 3 and 4P slots (heck even 5-8 sometimes 0_ 0). I kinda miss those days... oh well, you live and learn eh?

Posted by DPDude

I was for a little bit, when I was a young teen. I'm not as much anymore.