Challenge by an experienced newbie.

Posted by The Idea Man

Greetings. I'm issuing a challenge to anybody who responds in any type of sim battle. I've been an orhtodox simmer for years, but I am also trying to learn the new style used predominantly on the board, and so regardless of your style, I'd like to sim you. In addition, I need someone willing to post their entrance and an arena, so i can learn how it's done.

Thanks.

JGBJLJLWJLF

Posted by malichi

spose I could if you'll have me.

Posted by The Idea Man

Excellent! Well, as I said, I'd like you to start things off to get a feel for the style...

Posted by malichi

k I'm a bit busy so I'll post as soon as I can if that's alright.

Posted by The Idea Man

Not a problem, kemosabe.

Posted by malichi

Ooc: I'm by no means an athority on this stuff but I've had a few battles but we'll give it a shot.

The ice laced granite watched the fluttering snow with a cold blank stare. Winds seemed to hiss as they swept through the ruined stone structure. Pieces of wall and spires jagged out haphazardly from the thickening snow banks about the grounds.

Hanging trees sagged, their gnarled branches gnashed like teeth in the bite of chill contorting them, clinging to life like stubborn ancients. They filed outward into the snow frosted forest behind streaking mountains. Their peaks pale jaggs in the colored canvas of the dawning sky.

A crimson drape whipped flecks of snow from an outcroping spire sending them spiraling into the air. Malichi's grey eyes scanned the serene host of trees and forgotten stones from the shade of his hood.

He sighs in the solem beauty of the scene. This place is untouched, no one has tainted it with presence. Just old stones & silence.

A kick of wind whips his cloak back, it dancing on the suttle breeze. Strands of his silk white flutters about as if one with the snow. A hint of movement disturbed the distant trees Malichi's grey talons tenced. The stone groaned with stress as Malichi's talons dug in with tension.

Ooc: My styles really different from most, it doesn't have to be lenghty it just needs to get the job done. It can be as short or as long as it needs to be. Let the battle begin.....

Posted by The Idea Man

(Excellent, I don't like flowery language for the sake of flowery language in orthodox, and I'd probably dislike it more in this style)

The icy envorionment was well suited to stealth, the one known as The Idea Man decided to himself. The ancient stones of the ruined ediface wore worn smooth, and the snow was light enough so as not to crunch underfoot. A curl of breath escapes his mouth, and he continues on.

Ahead of him, there is a clear spot in the trees, a place where he can see the hooded figure that is his prey. A hard feeling travels up from the base of his gut to his whole body, excitement of the hunt, buck fever.

The weakest part of The Idea Man's game is this excitement. He steps forward too quickly, knocking his shoulder against the ageless tree to the right, shuffling it slightly. He knows in this moment that he is spotted, and he knows the futility of further stealth. He steps in the open, and in a flash of jocularity, he gives an open handed wave to his questible.

(If I did something wrong, or was supposed to attack, or anything, please get back to me on it so I can amend it)

Posted by malichi

uh we might want to pick a common tense, I'll leave that decision to you & yeah you were supposed to attack so go for it! ^^

Posted by The Idea Man

I will be unable to post a reply for roughly 4 days. I will be on AIM (Mad Sci Man) and yahoo (TheJesusQ), but will very likely be unable to log on to IE due to a busy thanksgiving weekend.

Posted by Strike

HEHE... the idea man... my old screen name. Sweet! From Ocean's Eleven!

Posted by malichi

np dude I'm in no rush