Elder Scrolls IV Delayed!?

Posted by Pikamon

Source: [url=http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/663/663056p1.html]http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/663/663056p1.html[/url]

[quote]October 31, 2005 - A financial update from publisher Take-Two today confirms what many gamers feared: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion will not reach Xbox 360 and PC gamers this year.

According to the announcement, which offers lowered guidance for fiscal 2005 and 2006, Oblivion has been moved from the company's first quarter, which ends in January, to its second quarter -- February through April 2006.

For Q1 2006, the company now expects to post $300 to $350 million in net sales -- numbers which reflect the delay of Bethesda's ambitious RPG sequel.

So far, neither Take-Two nor Bethesda have offered reasons for pushing back Oblivion, though given the game's scope, many expected the title may not reach stores in time for holiday shopping.

We'll be back as we learn more.

ARGH! I hate delays!

Posted by Boner

Why does everyone cry about delays? They are usually due to bugs or glitches found in the game. I'd rather they get it right before they ship it out. I'd hate to buy a faulty product. With all the billions of games out there, I'm sure you can find something to keep you content durring the wait. Maybe you should get outside or something.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

it's been posted already. Since, the news was broken days ago.

Anyways, I don't know if you realize how large this game is, but there's far too much to do within the limit of only a couple of weeks.

You can't blame them for asking for a few more months, can you?

Posted by cool gamer dad

I'm glad it's delayed (considering they're fixing glitches). Especially since Elder Scrolls III had an army of game-freeze glitches that would set me hours back.

It also gives me more space to blow my money on non-xbox related items.

Posted by Pikamon

Quoting Opeth: Why does everyone cry about delays? They are usually due to bugs or glitches found in the game. I'd rather they get it right before they ship it out. I'd hate to buy a faulty product. With all the billions of games out there, I'm sure you can find something to keep you content durring the wait. Maybe you should get outside or something.

Ouch, man. Talk about unnecessary. I try to give you guys some interesting news, and you yell at me. I don't plan on buying the xbox360 at launch, so I wasn't going to get this game when it came out, anyway.

I like how you presume I never go outside though, based on like three words.

Way to be an a**hole.

Posted by Boner

Quoting Pikamon:
Way to be an a**hole.

This is VGC, not Disneyland. :-D

Posted by Riku

what are you talkin bout dawg. read the thread name "disney land".

Posted by Klarth

you'renotfunnyshutup

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Stinger: I'm glad it's delayed (considering they're fixing glitches). Especially since Elder Scrolls III had an army of game-freeze glitches that would set me hours back.

Agreed. I'd get stuck behind doors, stuck inside of rooms, have the game freeze for no reason, etc, so I'm fine with the delay, as long as this game comes out within the next year or so. It's going to be a while before I get a 360 anyway.