Samurai Champloo

Posted by boomstick

I'm not sure if anyone's heard of it, but it's the new series from the creator of Cowboy Bebop, but it's quite different though. It's set in early Japan and is Samurai-type action mixed with hip-hop style music.

It doesn't sound like a good combo, but it's not the 'street' hip-hop we are use to in the States, in fact, it actually is enjoyable, even though it still seems out of place.

Anyway, the story is these two skilled samurai develop a personal vendetta against one another, but are captured by the governer and are blamed for the death of his son and suppose to be executed, but are saved, in part, by a young waitress and she makes them promise to help her find a samurai that smells of sunflower.After agreeing they put off their vendetta against one another to help, but promise to finish their fight.

I've only seen the first episodes, but I've greatly enjoied the first volume and even though the story and characters haven't developed much, it's shaping to be a good anime and I can't wait to watch more.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I got the DVD and OST pack from Best Buy, but it didnt matter. Katana was only a remix of everything from Masta, Departure, Playlist, and Impression. Otherwise the DVD was great, the dub had a really good cast.

Im still looking for the eps subbed, so email me if you want to give them to me.

Posted by Alastor

Was gonna make a thread on this, but then I found this one. ;o

I seen it last night when it premiered on [adult swim]. One episode and I fell in love with it. The style is very unique and enjoyable. The characters, animation, and sound are great, and while the characters haven't really developed yet, the first episode kind of gives you a little bit on where they come from.

Even though I actually never got into Cowboy Bebop, I'm loving Samurai Champloo already. This is one of those anime's that's going to make me have my ass in front of a TV every Saturday night. Once I round up some money, I'll probably be buying the DVDs. :cool:

Posted by boomstick

Oh, I'm almost sorry to hear it's on Cartoon Network, it's another great series doomed to editing.

Posted by Dragon Ryder

Even with the editing the show looks pretty good. I'm going to try to find it online later when i have some spare time on my hands.

Get it, you won't regret it.

Posted by The Judge

Wow...I've only seen the first episode and I can already tell it kicks *ss.

Posted by NightmareBassX

That show is great, I saw the first episode one [adult swim] and its real good. I wasnt every sure but i guessed it was made by the makers of Cowboy bebop. I like all the blood and its pretty cool, Great show if you ask me.

Posted by smileitsdeath

I heard it was awsome but i don't know what time it's on. Please someone help me purty please.

Quoting boomstick: it's another great series doomed to editing.

The editing isn't that bad actually. They use disc scraches to edit out words like shit. It works pretty effectively and fits in with the show.

Posted by Takuya Kanabara

Samuri Champloo is a lot more better than Rurouni Kenshin.

Posted by Y4kMISFIT

soooo much style, i creamed my pants

Posted by Average n00b

This anime really shocked me. I was expecting less from this, I'm not a fan of Rap, from the advert I saw on Adult Swim, it looked like yet another rap artists anime. Then there was nothing left on so I had to watch it, and it is really better then I expected!

Posted by boomstick

Alot of people thought about the whole rap thing as a negative thing when looking at Samurai Champloo, but not all rap is street thug stuff, that's just all we usually see being moved.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Its not much rap, its mostly Hip-Hop beats, Which goes quite good with the fighting, it fits in good.

Posted by Vaporeon

Meh, its moderately good. I would have preferred something a bit more upbeat. At times it seems like maybe this show takes itself a little too seriously.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Explain, Please.

Quoting Average n00b: ...it looked like yet another rap artists anime.

Like..........what?

[spoiler]you are an incredibly smart person for finding this[/spoiler]

wtf.

Posted by nich

Quoting Vaporeon: Meh, its moderately good. I would have preferred something a bit more upbeat. At times it seems like maybe this show takes itself a little too seriously.

I don't get it? What do you mean by that?

Posted by Zapper

Hmm, i really enjoy the show :P
I've only seen about 5 or 6 episodes but, so far, i really like it :)
I think all of shinchiro watanabe's stuff is great ;)

Posted by Vienna

I fell asleep while watching it-- first 5 mins of it was sexy. I don't like the intro though.

Posted by Trinity

I like the show. Did anyone see the one where Mugen and Jin read Fuu's diary. I loved the ending. Overall it is a great show. I really enjoy it.

Posted by El Capitan

Good show, I have Vol. 1-4 and watch when ever I can.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Yeah. My brother has Volume 1-4. Great show.

Posted by Inu

This a great show but i only saw 1 episode but i'll see more on saturday, even tho it's in adult swim but it's still has blood, so it's great.

Posted by Max Mouse

Samurai Champloo is a great show. Mugen, he's awesome.

Posted by Fly

But of course, buying DVDS is way better then TV but if your cheap, just stick with TV.

Posted by RedLeprechaun90

I love this anime, its really good, Jin rocks, muegen is alrite...

Posted by Fly

Tomorrow is the 2nd episode, so i'm going to see it, i cannot wait.

Posted by Blaze

MAN! what can i say about this anime...It has plenty of action, a good plot, decent comedy when they do have it, and very good characters. I like how they combined the combination of Jin-a kinda generic samurai, all composed and junk with Muegen-a kick a** saumurai who has a unique fighting style and is basically, in all terms of the word, gangsta.

Posted by father o'blivion

jin dies

Posted by -])arkSide-

This show was great all around. It really never had a dull moment, and the fight sceens are amazing. They story was well devolped and the characters were great. Definetly a must watch anime.

Posted by Azusa

It fails to keep me entertained...but I do approve of the art style.

Posted by Blaze

Did anyone see that last episode on Adult Swim? I loved it seriously. I left me all suspense filled, lol. I wanna kno why the government is after them (besides teh countless people they slaughtered, lol)

Posted by -])arkSide-

Quoting Blaze: Did anyone see that last episode on Adult Swim? I loved it seriously. I left me all suspense filled, lol. I wanna kno why the government is after them (besides teh countless people they slaughtered, lol)

What happend in the episoid? I don't have adult swim, but I have seen the entire series...

Posted by Colonel

Ya i've herd of it its great and i downloaded all the ep. I am starting to collect all the Manga's too. If you go to the art and graphic forum there is a thread called Nich's Math class drawings and click on the 3rd link its really awsome theres a drawing of Mugen.