Xbox 360 is the new Dreamcast?

Posted by Wicked Sushi

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3145154

Discuss.

Posted by Azusa

I remember saying that months ago. It's true, though.

Posted by Random

No it's definately not. The Dreamcast had very poor timing and didn't have a huge fanbase. Microsoft on the other hand has a huge amount of Support. Probably easily selling their full amount of sales for launch already. With the game support Microsoft has, and the money Microsoft has, It'll never turn into another Dreamcast. Sorry to burst your bubble guys. If any company had that problem, it'd be Nintendo rather than Sony or Microsoft. Those two companies have the cash.

Posted by Linko_16

So, the X-Box 360 sucks just as bad, but it won't fail like the Dreamcast because it already has legions of idiots putting money into it. I guess I can't argue with that.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Linko_16: So, the X-Box 360 sucks just as bad, but it won't fail like the Dreamcast because it already has legions of idiots putting money into it. I guess I can't argue with that.

So why exactly are you so against Xbox and people who buy it? And why are we "idiots" for having bought it?

Yeah, now I remember, for titles like Jade Empire, Ninja Gaiden, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Crimson Skies, Chronicles of Riddick, etc!

Posted by Random

Y'know Pit.. I think it's time I finally leave vgc from all this biased Bull****. It's really starting to P*ss me the F*ck off really. I bet you can see why too... Seems like the oldies are really the newbies..

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Y'know Pit.. I think it's time I finally leave vgc from all this biased Bull****. It's really starting to P*ss me the F*ck off really. I bet you can see why too... Seems like the oldies are really the newbies..

Someone's opinions over the internet is ****ing you off?

And he actually made good points. It's not like the Xbox didn't had it's share of good games. Same with the Xbox 360 hopefully.

Posted by Random

Look at what Linko said though. Nobody at this point in time can judge the Xbox360. It's not out yet. And this SH*T is really starting to P*ss me off. Really it's getting rather old. I wish people would just Shut the F*ck up about it because it sure as hell isn't out, and you can't judge it from the get go anyways. Look at the XBox. The XBox had a couple Decent games with one great game for the longest time. A year later it started to pick up momentum and now it has a great deal and a great lineup of games. Seriously people.. F*ck off already and just be patient.

Posted by ExoXile

#21 - Crazy rich bald guy spotted at several promotional events leading up to launch.

LOL.

Quoting SomebodyRandom: I think it's time I finally leave vgc from all this biased Bull****. It's really starting to P*ss me the F*ck off really. I bet you can see why too... Seems like the oldies are really the newbies..

Bye. :)

Posted by KoH

HEY HEY HEY, NOW! Stop that! Let's just all get along!

We each have our own opinions... but don't try to shove it onto each other.

That's all I'm saying.

Posted by Random

Quoting Linko_16: So, the X-Box 360 sucks just as bad, but it won't fail like the Dreamcast because it already has legions of idiots putting money into it. I guess I can't argue with that.

No.. They're saying you have a low IQ...

Posted by Speedfreak

I bought an Xbox anticipating great games after being wowed by Xbox Live. 2 years later I'm about ready to sell this peice of crap, I'm definately not falling for that again, that's for sure.

Posted by Random

Haha maybe I should learn my lesson about Nintendo.. I thought the same thing for the Gamecube. Still think it's a piece of junk. Don't think i'll fall for it again with the Revolution..

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Unless divine intervention takes place, there's no chance of it happening. MSoft has put far too much time, energy and money into it to let it go the way of the DC.

Quoted post: Haha maybe I should learn my lesson about Nintendo.. I thought the same thing for the Gamecube. Still think it's a piece of junk. Don't think i'll fall for it again with the Revolution..

Indeed. I may love the GC, but at least the Xbox still has games coming out for it.

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah. Unlike Microsoft, Nintendo actually make decent games, though :)

Posted by Klarth

I dunno, Shadow The Hedgehog DID come out a few days ago and it looks really cool and fun and it has Shadow in it and it looks cool!

Quoted post: Yeah. Unlike Microsoft, Nintendo actually make decent games, though

So what if MSoft themselves didn't make the best games out there? That doesn't mean the console itself doesn't have good games.

Take Nintendo's cock out of your mouth. Seriously, I like Nintendo just as much as the next fan, but I'm not goign to be a fanboy about it.

Posted by Random

Quoting Vampiro: So what if MSoft themselves didn't make the best games out there? That doesn't mean the console itself doesn't have good games.

Take Nintendo's cock out of your mouth. Seriously, I like Nintendo just as much as the next fan, but I'm not goign to be a fanboy about it.

I don't think I ever said this to you Vampiro.. But I respect you highly.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro]So what if MSoft themselves didn't make the best games out there? That doesn't mean the console itself doesn't have good games.

I'm a fanboy for thinking Xbox games are total crap? Okay then!

Posted by Random

Quoting Speedfreak: I'm a fanboy for thinking Xbox games are total crap? Okay then!

No but your a fanboy in general. it's obvious.. Nothing personal don't think bad of me, but it's blatent obvious how much of a fanboy you are.

Posted by Speedfreak

I own all 3 consoles and a gaming PC. Your move, bitch.

Posted by Random

Ok lets see.. Hmmm I remember a time..When People were talking about Great games for XBox, and you mentioned something more or less along the lines that you owned all 3 systems but you had double the games for your gamecube than you did for the xbox and ps2 combined, when it didn't really belong there. If I had the time I'd go through each forum and pick out pieces of the puzzle. Maybe after work I will.

Oh and the *****. hahaha I haven't heard that one.. That was good. Really good.. You must feel like a real true man now dontcha?

Quoted post: I own all 3 consoles and a gaming PC. Your move, *****.

Even so, you seem to love Nintendo to the point where they can do no wrong yet the others can do no right. Even if you aren't a fanboy, you still tend to act like one. It's the comments you make about the other consoles, rather than the comments you make about Nintendo.

Posted by Random

haha no you had it right first. He's a fanboy.. Tonight i'll pick out threads and show the blatent obvious if you wish so. I mean i'm not perfect obviously but I haven't been so fanboyish for years now.

*sigh* I wish all this anti 360 crap would go away. You can't predict anything to be true as of yet.

Posted by Speedfreak

Nintendo can do no wrong? Ha!

Their wi-fi dongle is total crap, their marketing in Europe is absolutely p[COLOR=lightgreen]i[/COLOR]ss-poor and they haven't done a great Mario game for bloody ages. How's that?

So because I don't b[COLOR=lightgreen]i[/COLOR]tch about Nintendo it obviously means I'm a fanboy? You're on crack, son.

I preference I may have, that I will admit right here and now. And you know what? That preference is shared by 99% of the games industry, they all think Nintendo make the best games ever.
If having a preference means I'm some overly-biased antagonistic fanboy then I'm going to have to ask you to get your hypocritical a[COLOR=lightgreen]s[/COLOR]s off this f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]cking board. Just because I'm not on the fence about f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]cking everything doesn't mean there isn't any underlying logic behind my opinions and assumptions. In fact, that's how I got them in the first bloody place.

EDIT: we're not predicting anything "to be true", moron. We're predicting. Last I checked, that was allowed.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting Speedfreak: TEXT

No, you see, if you don't like XBOX, you are a Nintendo fanboy and you should stop posting.

[quote]Fanboy is a term used to describe someone who is utterly devoted to a single subject or hobby, often to the point where it is considered an obsession. The term originated in comic book circles, to describe someone who was socially insecure and used comics as a shield from interaction.

More recently, especially in the video game industry, fans of a particular video game console manufacturer have begun exhibiting slavish devotion to their brand of choice. Conversely they hold an unreasonable amount of animosity towards the other brands which they consider to be competition.

They are extremely rude to fans of the other companies or even people who don’t hail complete and utter devotion to the object of their fanaticism. These people seek out every opportunity to annoy others whose opinions differ from theirs.

I don't see SpeedFreak being that.

Posted by Speedfreak

I'm rude to EVERYONE, I have no prejudice. Want to see how much of a fanboy I am? Haul your butt over to warppipe and see how much Nintendo fanboy ass I kick on a daily basis.

Posted by IIMrBrightsidexX

Quoting Speedfreak: I bought an Xbox anticipating great games after being wowed by Xbox Live. 2 years later I'm about ready to sell this peice of crap, I'm definately not falling for that again, that's for sure.

What are you talking about... Xbox has plenty of good games out there... AND if you have Xbox Live then you could possibly be stuck on one game for months (such as many players are stcuk on Halo 2 AFTER a year) Xbox had the best graphics... best multiplayer gameplay(not to mention the most organized online gameplay service i ahve seen)(which i am a big fan of)... maybe not the best games, but best FPSs... i mean im sick of playing a GC or PS2 where GC never really took theres online... and PS2 online just SUCKED...a nd i expect the PS3 online to follow... and about this stupid PS3 has better Graphics bull**** I dont give a flying **** about the graphics when the gameplay will probably suck (except MGS4) anyways... I mean would u rather have gay *** good graphics and the gameplay sucks soooo bad as soon as u get it on u wanna take it back... or buy a game with graphics (maybe not as good as that) and gameplay that amazes you for months(of course one talking of the Live multiplayer for Halo 2, i mean this game isnt even old yet, as most games after a year would be ppl are still buying it at stores...)

I don't want to be on the Sony or nintendo fans enemy list (because i love some games on PS2 and I liked Nintendo before the GC... i still have SNES lol) I just want to make a point Xbox was the better out of the 3 consoles in multiplayer.... and thats where the fun really comes.

Posted by Speedfreak

GC has the best multiplayer by absolutely miles. Not because it has the best online service or the most common LAN capability, but because it's multiplayer games crap all over the multiplayer offerings of PS2 and Xbox.

Are you the village idiot of VGChat I am sick of dumb*** Split screen... plus name some good multiplayer games... *****... i know i can name about a million for the xbox and at least 20 for PS2.

Posted by Axis

I guess everyone missed where it said " 10 reasons why the Xbox 360 will succeed where the Dreamcast failed" section.

Posted by Random

Quoting Speedfreak: GC has the best multiplayer by absolutely miles. Not because it has the best online service or the most common LAN capability, but because it's multiplayer games crap all over the multiplayer offerings of PS2 and Xbox.

Dude seriously stfu. Microsoft probably has the most Multiplayer games. Though a lot are on the PS2, they are far superior for the Xbox. I can't name more than a couple good GC Multiplayer games. He was pointing it out why he thinks the XBox is the best multiplayer wise. Now you say a completely biased statement proving which you are a fanboy by saying it has the best multiplayer by absolutely miles. You don't even dare prove why it has it you just say it. Pathetic... This site has gone downhill.

Posted by Axis

I have to agree with SomebodyRandom, the GC only had a few good Multiplayer games, most of them wanted me to gag myself. Xbox is far superior in Multiplayer than PS2 and Gamecube.

Posted by Random

Yes and it's rather blatent obvious. Axis do you tend to agree with me when I say it's getting rather old with this "Xbox360 will suck crap," Even well before it's launched? This is getting rediculous. I think i'm going to start making threads saying the PS3 and Revolution will suck Monkey Balls because they like little children, and it'll probably be as good as a reason as what these buffoons are using.

Posted by Axis

This game has ties with Nintendo sites, I think WoN to be specific, so alot of Nintendo traffic comes through here. Yeah, these threads get old, but their funny as hell to read, IMO.

Posted by Random

Haha yes I noticed it had to be tied with Nintendo. The obvious traffic of Nintendo Lovers when Nintendo has the least amount of sales and probably the least amount of fanbase as of right now. I didn't think Nintendo was just taking over. I knew this site was made more for Nintendo than anything else.

Posted by Speedfreak

Because not looking forward to Xbox 360 because I can't find a reason to look forward to it that appeals to me isn't enough.
The only fanboy here is YOU, Random. YOU'RE the one getting all gay over people's opinions, YOU'RE the one who can't tolerate the fact that I don't like any Xbox games and YOU'RE the one doing all the labelling around here. I'm not going to criticise because you don't like any GC multiplayer games because that's a fair opinion, just as my not liking Xbox games is. Accept that or get out.

Posted by Random

I never said I dont' like any gamecube games. I think your jumping to conclusions. Vampiro first started saying about how much of a fanboy you are and it's true. I am getting sick of it. You can have a say in your opinion but don't over do it. Your giving opinions without facts or even reasons for that matter.

I could care less if you don't like any xbox games. It's obvious that you are indeed a fanboy. I used to be one myself, so I should know. I changed my ways. The only thing i'll accept is that there needs to be change. This isn't even about the xbox as it is the 360. Your a disbeliever when it's not even out yet. And yet you defended the Rev controller when it's not out yet. How amusing really.

So really get a change in attitude. Haha and you called me a B*tch. *laughs* eh.. I think someones a little uptight.. Are we not?

Quoted post: Nintendo can do no wrong? Ha!

Their wi-fi dongle is total crap, their marketing in Europe is absolutely ****-poor and they haven't done a great Mario game for bloody ages. How's that?

So because I don't ***** about Nintendo it obviously means I'm a fanboy? You're on crack, son.

I preference I may have, that I will admit right here and now. And you know what? That preference is shared by 99% of the games industry, they all think Nintendo make the best games ever.
If having a preference means I'm some overly-biased antagonistic fanboy then I'm going to have to ask you to get your hypocritical *** off this ****ing board. Just because I'm not on the fence about ****ing everything doesn't mean there isn't any underlying logic behind my opinions and assumptions. In fact, that's how I got them in the first bloody place.

I said you seem to love Nintendo to the point where they can do no wrong. I never said you actually do. Mainly because I know you have criticized them in the past. But it's the comments you make about the other consoles that make it seem you love Nintendo and hate the others, since there seems to be more hate for them.

I don't know, like I said you may not be a fanboy, but there are times when I can't help but shake my head at the stuff you say. Even though I know you're not, now, there are times when I can't deny that you certainly act like one. Maybe not to the point of a raving loonatic, but to the point where you seem blinded by loyalty. Even if that isn't necessarily the case.

Either way, no need to get upset, right? It's just a few words.

Posted by Speedfreak

K, how am I a fanboy? I've provided evidence that I'm not, such as owning all major platforms. You have so far shown f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]ck-all evidence for your claims. What you're doing is slander.

Secondly, you did say you couldn't think of many good Gamecube multiplayer games.

[quote]I can't name more than a couple good GC Multiplayer games.

Right there. You are implying that you don't like many GC multiplayer games, if not outright stating it. Just a few posts later you deny it.

What opinions am I giving that need facts to support them? Do I need to provide physical evidence that I don't like many Xbox games so I can say I don't? Or are you upset that I don't put "in my opinion" after everything I say that is so blatently opinion that I shouldn't have to say so?

How am I a "disbeliever"? What on Earth are you talking about? All I said was the launch games don't impress me, and I'll think more carefully about which games I buy with the system next time. Well excuse me for being cautious about spending £400.

Want to know why I'm giving Revolution's controller a chance yet not immediately snapping up a 360? Here's a list of reasons:

Giving a controller the benefit of the doubt before I use it costs nothing.

Buying a 360 on launch costs several hundred pounds.

I have no experiences with controllers of this nature, indeed it is the first of it's kind.

I have had bad experiences with Xbox 1, something Xbox 360 doesn't differ too much from.

Everyone who has ever used Revolution's controller has not, repeat HAS NOT criticised it.

People who have played 360 launch games have criticised them.

What change in attitude do you want from me? The inability to factor in past experiences in decision-making and opinion-forming?

Sorry, I'm human.

A diplomatic approach to discussing everything in this board, never betraying any opinions I might have?

Sorry, as you can plainly see I'm no diplomat, nor do I see any need to be one. Message boards are for opinions.

Want me to change my opinions so that they match yours?

If you want me to that then you can quite frankly go f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]ck yourself.

It's nice that you found it funny, because I laughed whilst typing it. The thought that you decided to pin a label on me based on nothing amused me.

I'll say it again, I'm not without my biases. No one on this board is. I do, however, have the ability to disregard them, which is why I went from thinking Xbox was totally awesome and never thinking of buying a PS2 to being utterly bored of my Xbox and enjoying my PS2 a lot more.

You seem to have a problem distinguishing the two. If you want some help, read Sushi's definition of a fanboy that he posted earlier. You'll find that I have done many things that a fanboy could not do.

[quote=Vampiro]I said you seem to love Nintendo to the point where they can do no wrong. I never said you actually do. Mainly because I know you have criticized them in the past. But it's the comments you make about the other consoles that make it seem you love Nintendo and hate the others, since there seems to be more hate for them.

I don't know, like I said you may not be a fanboy, but there are times when I can't help but shake my head at the stuff you say. Even though I know you're not, now, there are times when I can't deny that you certainly act like one. Maybe not to the point of a raving loonatic, but to the point where you seem blinded by loyalty. Even if that isn't necessarily the case.

Either way, no need to get upset, right? It's just a few words.

I have a geniune dislike for Sony as a company, sue me. It didn't stop me from getting a PS2. Likewise, I don't mind MS as a company, but that doesn't stop me from thinking Xbox is a gigantic paperweight.

I've been shaking my head through this entire thread, doesn't mean I geniunely think that you're all fanboys. Indeed, the only time I called anyone a fanboy was when I used their own logic against them.

Who's getting upset? This is fun for me.

Posted by maian

[quote]Yes and it's rather blatent obvious. Axis do you tend to agree with me when I say it's getting rather old with this "Xbox360 will suck crap," Even well before it's launched? This is getting rediculous.

Oh, shut up. Every system will have it's fair share of "______ will suck" threads. I'll bet all my money that Revolution will get far more threads then this. Every single system has it's fanboys and morons. Accept it.
You're bashing Speedfreak for his opinions, but your'e the one that won't shut. It seems like you're reading every aspect of his posts to find out what's wrong with it. If you're indeed not a fanboy, then you would shut up and respect someone's opinion, regardless of rather you think they're a fanboy or not.

Sorry, I was getting annoyed by the blatant stupidity flying around here.

Quoted post: Who's getting upset? This is fun for me.

I don't know, your post sounded pretty angry. Though maybe that's just how you type.

Quoted post: I've been shaking my head through this entire thread, doesn't mean I geniunely think that you're all fanboys.

k, well, you can generally shake your head at different things. Like right now, there's a storm outside. I'm shaking my head because it started out as such a lovely day. I'm just a tad disappointed that my day off just happens to be filled with bad weather. I can also shake my head at this TV show I'm watching. The jokes aren't funny, yet they really seem to try and force it. And, I can also shake my head at some comments you or someone else makes on a forum. Especially when the comments are obviously wrong.

Posted by Speedfreak

I meant it in the same context that you did.

Your a nintendo Fanboy... i mean

Everyone who has ever used Revolution's controller has not, repeat HAS NOT criticised it.

Only Nintendo makers and fans have used it wait until u get a Sony or MSoft fan using it they will also criticize it... tho i can say the remote part of i looks like my DVD remote... and its a peice of junk... I HATE NEW NINTENDO I HATE THEM AND I ALWAYS WILL... MSoft and Sony OWNS IN THE GAMING ARENA... WHILE NINTENDO TAKES IT UP THE BUTT IN THE ARENA.... HAHA SPEEDFREAK YOU NINTENDO FANF*** ... YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED TO BE A NINTENDO FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MSOFT OVER SONY OVER
HERE THERE

wait wheres nintendo????

TAKING IT UP THE BUTT FROM SEGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Axis

....Shut up.

Posted by maian

Quoting IIMrBrightsidexX: Your a nintendo Fanboy... i mean

Only Nintendo makers and fans have used it wait until u get a Sony or MSoft fan using it they will also criticize it... tho i can say the remote part of i looks like my DVD remote... and its a peice of junk... I HATE NEW NINTENDO I HATE THEM AND I ALWAYS WILL... MSoft and Sony OWNS IN THE GAMING ARENA... WHILE NINTENDO TAKES IT UP THE BUTT IN THE ARENA.... HAHA SPEEDFREAK YOU NINTENDO FANF*** ... YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED TO BE A NINTENDO FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MSOFT OVER SONY OVER
HERE THERE

wait wheres nintendo????

That was probably the single funniest post I've ever read. :) And not only fans and creators have played it. You're such an idiot. :( Anyway, I'm not gonna comment on this post further, because no one will take your post seriously anyway.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=IIMrBrightsidexX]MSoft and Sony OWNS IN THE GAMING ARENASo, where does MS and Sony stand in... say... the handheld department? Think that one over for a while, and get back to me.

Posted by maian

WELL NINTEDNOS TAKIGN IT UP THE BUTTZ0R CUZ PSP IS KICKING THEIR BUTTZ IN THE HANDHELDS DEPARTMENT LOLLOLOL

Oh wai..

Posted by Axis

TEH NGAGE!!!!

Posted by Speedfreak

C'mon guys, let's give him a chance. Or at least humour him.

[quote=IIMrBrightsidexX]Your a nintendo Fanboy... i mean

MSOFT OVER SONY OVER
HERE THERE

wait wheres nintendo????

Industry insiders have used it, not Nintendo fans specifically. Though most industry insiders are Nintendo fans, yes.:)

It does look like a remote, yes. That's the point. :)

By definition, it cannot be a peice of junk, as junk is equipment that is no longer used or serves no purpose. The remote uses cutting-edge interface technology.:)

Let's see here. Who's lost over a billion dollars every year since the launch of it's console? That's right, Microsoft. :)

Who, whilst burning through their funds, struggled to beat a console released in purple, had less developers and no online service whatsoever by a mere 3 million? That's right, Microsoft. :)

Based on the last 2 paragraphs, who's raping Microsoft in the a[COLOR=lightgreen]s[/COLOR]s? That's right, Nintendo. :)

Posted by nich

I like reading these wars, funny :) Mrbrightside that was an excellent post in that its ridiculously funny.

WHO TOLD YOU TO STFU SPEEDFREAK I DID IM GONNA KICK YOUR ***!

OH AND WTF HOW THE HELL AM I GONNA PLAYA GAME WITH A REMOTE DO YOU REMEMBER THE PS2 REMOTE YEA TRY AND PLAY A GAME WITH THAT... i mean the rev. controller looks pretty cool don't get me wrong... its just playing games with them...

NINTENDO FAN BOY

And Skitzo ill get back to you by kicking your ***!! MSoft... No they suck in that arena BUT SONY OWNS!!!!!!!!!!!! NINTENDO DS.... AHH HATED IT !!! PSP WAY BTTR

Ye and i bought a GC for my first console when that gen came out and was sooo disappointed... then i got a PS2 it was great I was just looking for something more... more... more GREAT MULTIPLAYER GAMES MINUS THE SPLIT SCREEN.... XBOX!

Besides back on the Xbox Dreamcast stuff.... the major reason it won't fail like the DC is b/c it had basically unlimited funds put into it1

Quoted post: OH AND WTF HOW THE HELL AM I GONNA PLAYA GAME WITH A REMOTE DO YOU REMEMBER THE PS2 REMOTE YEA TRY AND PLAY A GAME WITH THAT... i mean the rev. controller looks pretty cool don't get me wrong... its just playing games with them...

Because until the PS2 remote (which is an actual remote), the Rev remote is designed for games.

make sense?

Posted by Axis

Quoting IIMrBrightsidexX: WHO TOLD YOU TO STFU SPEEDFREAK I DID IM GONNA KICK YOUR ***!

OH AND WTF HOW THE HELL AM I GONNA PLAYA GAME WITH A REMOTE DO YOU REMEMBER THE PS2 REMOTE YEA TRY AND PLAY A GAME WITH THAT... i mean the rev. controller looks pretty cool don't get me wrong... its just playing games with them...

NINTENDO FAN BOY

And Skitzo ill get back to you by kicking your ***!! MSoft... No they suck in that arena BUT SONY OWNS!!!!!!!!!!!! NINTENDO DS.... AHH HATED IT !!! PSP WAY BTTR

Ye and i bought a GC for my first console when that gen came out and was sooo disappointed... then i got a PS2 it was great I was just looking for something more... more... more GREAT MULTIPLAYER GAMES MINUS THE SPLIT SCREEN.... XBOX!

Besides back on the Xbox Dreamcast stuff.... the major reason it won't fail like the DC is b/c it had basically unlimited funds put into it1

Are you going to reach through the screen and ***** slap him?

Yea thats true its just SOOO SKINNY but i guess the joystick thing will make up for that huh... i dunno it just doesn't seem like something i could get used to... it looks cool tho... way better than N64 i tried to play that the other day man i dont se ehow i played it when i had one lol

Quoted post: Yea thats true its just SOOO SKINNY

... it's not that skinny

Quoted post: but i guess the joystick thing will make up for that huh

How would that make up for the fact that it's "skinny"?

Quoted post: i dunno it just doesn't seem like something i could get used to

It doesn't look that complicated. Assuming you're not a retard.

Hell, if you can use a PS2 or Xbox controller which uses two different A-sticks with over 15 button, I think you can handle a remote that uses natural motion and a few buttons for control.

Quoted post: way better than N64 i tried to play that the other day man i dont se ehow i played it when i had one lol

Probably because, though it may not have been the best controller, it was pretty decent and easy to use.

dunno I m done with the REV controller... I am prolly gonna get all 3 consoles ne ways... tho i mean everyone of my friends are getting a XBOX 360 so it would be kinda gay playing PS3 or REV online and none of my friends play it ya knw.

Ya, that would make you a total homosexual.

dude as in gay i meant dumb... stupid stop being so uptight about words

Yeah, not getting a 360 would sure make you unable to speak.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Let me point out that the DS is outselling the PSP by a lot. PSP owns? Far from it. Also, as with your threat, bring it on, boy. I'll e-kick your ass back to the Gamefaqs message board where you belong.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting IIMrBrightsidexX: WHO TOLD YOU TO STFU SPEEDFREAK I DID IM GONNA KICK YOUR ***!

NINTENDO FAN BOY

There's this other n00b named "Neox." I think you would like him.

CAPS LOCK OMG!

Quoted post: There's this other n00b named "Neox." I think you would like him.

Neox could AT LEAST type. But your point is valid.

Posted by Drewboy64

Thank noobs for comic relief.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=IIMrBrightsidexX] WHO TOLD YOU TO STFU SPEEDFREAK

I don't know!:(

[quote=IIMrBrightsidexX] I DID IM GONNA KICK YOUR ***!

Oh, you did? Glad we got that cleared up.

[quote=IIMrBrightsidexX] OH AND WTF HOW THE HELL AM I GONNA PLAYA GAME WITH A REMOTE DO YOU REMEMBER THE PS2 REMOTE YEA TRY AND PLAY A GAME WITH THAT... i mean the rev. controller looks pretty cool don't get me wrong... its just playing games with them...

Dude, are you pregnant? That was a crazy moodswing right there!

Anyway, the Revolution senses where it is in 3D space, allowing you to use it as a sword, a gun, or whatever the hell game designers want. It's the first 3D wireless interface ever created, all controllers beforehand have had 2D analog sticks with 1D buttons.

[quote=IIMrBrightsidexX] NINTENDO FAN BOY

WHERE?

[quote=IIMrBrightsidexX] And Skitzo ill get back to you by kicking your ***!! MSoft... No they suck in that arena BUT SONY OWNS!!!!!!!!!!!! NINTENDO DS.... AHH HATED IT !!! PSP WAY BTTR

You're in the minority.

[quote=IIMrBrightsidexX] Ye and i bought a GC for my first console when that gen came out and was sooo disappointed... then i got a PS2 it was great I was just looking for something more... more... more GREAT MULTIPLAYER GAMES MINUS THE SPLIT SCREEN.... XBOX!

Smash Bros is way better than Halo 2. And there's no lag. And there's no split screen. And you can be Link. And you don't have to play with 8 year olds. Suck it.

[quote=IIMrBrightsidexX] Besides back on the Xbox Dreamcast stuff.... the major reason it won't fail like the DC is b/c it had basically unlimited funds put into it1

Of course it can fail. Xbox 1 failed miserably, it lost Microsoft about 7 billion dollars.

Posted by Drewboy64

I don't think it'd fail in America... Lots of fools want it because it's teh mature graphix!

HELL YEA U EVER HEARD GREEN DAY

I WANNA BE THE MINORITY
I DON'T NEED YOUR AUTHORITY
DOWN WITH THE MORAL MAJORITY
CUZ I WANNA BE THE MINORITY

Posted by Drewboy64

.........what the hell?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=IIMrBrightsidexX]HELL YEA U EVER HEARD GREEN DAY

I WANNA BE THE MINORITY
I DON'T NEED YOUR AUTHORITY
DOWN WITH THE MORAL MAJORITY
CUZ I WANNA BE THE MINORITY

If you want to be in the minority get a Gamecube. If you don't, get a DS. :)

i have A GC

http://videocodezone.com/videos/g/green_day/minority.html

for those of u will fast connection

Posted by Drewboy64

that song has to do with the 360... how?

i dunno its the best song ever tho

Posted by Mmm.... GOOD!!!

it is a good song but that has NOTHING to do with gaming lol

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Pit: So why exactly are you so against Xbox and people who buy it? And why are we "idiots" for having bought it?

Yeah, now I remember, for titles like Jade Empire, Ninja Gaiden, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Crimson Skies, Chronicles of Riddick, etc!

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Y'know Pit.. I think it's time I finally leave vgc from all this biased Bull****. It's really starting to P*ss me the F*ck off really. I bet you can see why too... Seems like the oldies are really the newbies..

Look at what Linko said though. Nobody at this point in time can judge the Xbox360. It's not out yet. And this SH*T is really starting to P*ss me off. Really it's getting rather old. I wish people would just Shut the F*ck up about it because it sure as hell isn't out, and you can't judge it from the get go anyways. Look at the XBox. The XBox had a couple Decent games with one great game for the longest time. A year later it started to pick up momentum and now it has a great deal and a great lineup of games. Seriously people.. F*ck off already and just be patient.

I'm not saying the X-Box was bad, for one thing. It's true that I just right out don't like 95% of its library, but there's nothing horrible to say about it, and I definately wouldn't call anyone an idiot because they got one. The X-Box 360 is what's getting all my critisizm, and not because I'm "omg biased newbie/oldie/meanie." I'm speaking out against it because if I wanted to play the same games for the rest of my life, I'd save myself four hundred dollars and keep playing my normal X-Box.

In response to SomebodyRandom's accusations, it doesn't sound to me like I'm the one being biased here. I've given my reasons why I dislike the X-Box 360 several times over, and I haven't heard anything from you besides "stfu, it r0x, yur jus biased." If you want an X-Box 360, I'm happy to agree to disagree, but calling me biased after all I've said over the past weeks is just ignorant.

Quoted post: I'm speaking out against it because if I wanted to play the same games for the rest of my life, I'd save myself four hundred dollars and keep playing my normal X-Box.

So what makes the 360 different than any other console? It's generally always been this way.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

What happened to my precious thread? You guys ruined it. :( *sniff*

Srry but the problem with long threads is some people tend to skip a few pages see somethign they don't agree with thats off topic and agrue over it

Quoted post: Srry but the problem with long threads is some people tend to skip a few pages see somethign they don't agree with thats off topic and agrue over it

You don't have to skip posts to go off topic. Just look at us now. Off topic, yet, I've read every post in this thread.

True but overall skip or not large threads usually get off topic lol

Posted by Random

All this nonsense talk makes me want to close this thread.. However I don't have that power. So really I got nothin :(

Posted by Pit

Quoting Linko_16: I'm not saying the X-Box was bad, for one thing. It's true that I just right out don't like 95% of its library, but there's nothing horrible to say about it, and I definately wouldn't call anyone an idiot because they got one. The X-Box 360 is what's getting all my critisizm, and not because I'm "omg biased newbie/oldie/meanie." I'm speaking out against it because if I wanted to play the same games for the rest of my life, I'd save myself four hundred dollars and keep playing my normal X-Box.

The games are not up to "Microsoft Xbox 360" to do, that's developers. Every system has basically been the same thing, just more efficient.

N64 to GCN, what was the huge difference between the graphics?

PS2 to PS3? Does that seem to change anything? Why no criticism against that?

Thing is, it's up to developers to create new genres or make existing genres better. Nintendo and Retro created a new genre with Metroid Prime and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (wait, DK Jungle Beat isn't retro but, yeah).

Controller is the same.

Okay, PS2's and PS3's controller are identical as well, though for some reason you criticize the Xbox 360 on that!

N64 to GCN: D-Pad, Joystick, L and R buttons, Z Trigger, A, B, Start, and 4 C face buttons.

GCN: D Pad, Jostick, C Stick which replaced 4 C-Buttons, L and R shoulder buttons, Z Shoulder button, X, Y, A, and B face buttons.

Not much of a difference, really.

Posted by Linko_16

System generations are not all the same thing. It's true that the transition from N64/PS1/DC to GCN/PS2/X-Box was unremarkable, but the same cannot be said for the jump from 2-D to 3-D from the SNES and Genesis. This opened new doors for developers and revolutionized the gaming industry. This kind of revolution can't really be recreated since we've run out of dementions, but as you stated about games like Metroid Prime and Donkey Konga, there is still a chance to grow that no developer but Nintendo and their affiliates seems to be interested in.

It's true I haven't applied the same things to the PS3 yet, a system that also promises rehashed material, but that's only because the X-Box 360 has more hype, as close as it is to release. The PS3's release is much farther away, there hasn't been any recent news, and people just aren't talking about it right now... though I dislike it for all the same reasons, what purpose do I have to speak up at the moment?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=SomebodyRandom]All this nonsense talk makes me want to close this thread.. However I don't have that power. So really I got nothin :(

HELLO HALOPLAYINGKING.

Are you saying theres something wrong with playing Halo?

Posted by Random

Quoting Speedfreak: HELLO HALOPLAYINGKING.

LOL are you just getting this now? I openly admitted who I used to be. Were you under a rock for a few months? :-P

Posted by Darkbackward

Quoting Wicked Sushi: http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3145154

Discuss.

1up looking to make money off of posting crap like this. They have nothing better to write.

First off: the dreamcast will always be superior to the xbox line.

Second off: microsoft has more money than God.

Grounds for this argument? None whatsoever.

Posted by Random

I believe you mean Inferior.

Posted by Darkbackward

Quoting SomebodyRandom: I believe you mean Inferior.

In terms of graphics technology, yes. But in terms of everything else, the dreamcast is superior.

oK yeah you must mean Inferior because... the Xbox is way superior LOL I mean I am not biased towards MSoft but that's the truth... Why do you think it was Segas last console?
Let me add this... with Xbox 360 you can play good non lag online games, talk to your friends even while watching a movie or playing a single player game, the controllers way better, Plays DVDs and Mp3s, you can download songs, listen to your music while you play anygame, graphics yes, will be wya more ame choice, head sets comfy, download demos;arcade games;patches;andy other content. So whos superior now????

Posted by Random

How so? I have a dreamcast myself. The best Dreamcast games were particularly for other consoles/PC, where the Xbox actually has a great lineup of exclusive titles. I love the Dreamcast don't get me wrong, I loved Grandia II (also a PS2 game), GTA II (A ps/pc game), Unreal Tournament (PC/PS2 Game), and some others but they were generally not exclusive titles. Very limited great decent titles.

I once read something that indicated MGS 2 was actually supposed to be released on the Dreamcast as well as the PS2. However that never happend.

Posted by Darkbackward

Quoting Mmm.... GOOD!!!: oK yeah you must mean Inferior because... the Xbox is way superior LOL I mean I am not biased towards MSoft but that's the truth... Why do you think it was Segas last console?

Again, the xbox has better graphics, but the Dreamcast had a higher quality of games and products. The microphone with seaman, the first console mmorpg in phantasy star, 4 3d fighters compared to one for the xbox.

The fact is, the dreamcast was just a better system. Better games, and the games while not as good looking, ran better than xbox games did.

I'm sorry but if you take away sega games and pc ports from the xbox and do not count mulitplatform games...... it is nothing but dismay for the xbox.

Posted by Speedfreak

Frankly I think both consoles are overrated. My brother bought a Dreamcast with like 20 games ages ago. They were all a bit naff, frankly. Apart from House of the Dead II, the voice acting was freakin' hilarious.

Posted by Random

Quoting Darkbackward: Again, the xbox has better graphics, but the Dreamcast had a higher quality of games and products. The microphone with seaman, the first console mmorpg in phantasy star, 4 3d fighters compared to one for the xbox.

The fact is, the dreamcast was just a better system. Better games, and the games while not as good looking, ran better than xbox games did.

I'm sorry but if you take away sega games and pc ports from the xbox and do not count mulitplatform games...... it is nothing but dismay for the xbox.

LOL you haven't seen the light of day have you? Dreamcast has better games *laughs.* I won't deny that it had good games, because it did. I wouldn't have boughten one if I didn't think it didn't have good games. But for the sheer fact that I can't really come up with really any Dreamcast exclusives that were above and beyond makes me disagree.

Posted by Speedfreak

Gotta agree there. You'd be left with Halo 2, Conker and PGR. First is insanely overrated, Conker is an N64 port and all driving sims are the bloody same.

Having said that, Sonic Adventure is total shit.

yea i hated sonic adventure my first expeirence on Dreamcast and my last that was a BS system.

If you like it GET OUT GET THE **** OUT!

Posted by Random

I didn't really care much for the DC controllers. The cord was at the bottom of the controller. Though did anyone else notice that the A-B-X-Y on the XB Controllers is the same setup as the DC controller? Infact if the button colors were the same, the Xbox controller would have a very similar setup. With the exception of 3 buttons.

Yea but MSoft did something good with thise buttons... I sort of hate how they take away the B and W button the controller.

Posted by Speedfreak

We banned you once, we'll do it again. Clean up your act or get the hell out.

speedfreak may i add no one cares about what you think... I mean your from England...

Posted by Speedfreak

YYOOOUUUUUU'RREEE OUUUUTTTAAA HEEEERRRREEEEEE.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting Mmm.... GOOD!!!: speedfreak may i add no one cares about what you think... I mean your from England...

Noone cares about what you think either. So die.

Okay if anyone should be banned it is oyu my good sir YOU my friend are the one stating your bias on nintendo i like nintendo there great but im not going ot post all good things about them because they ahev made some mistakes along with MSoft and Sony

Posted by Speedfreak

When did I say Nintendo haven't made any mistakes? All I said was I prefer Gamecube multiplayer to Xbox multiplayer. YOU'RE the one going all crazy calling me a fanboy because of what I think.

No I go and read all your post and you say the PS3 will suck(which i have to agree with you there) and that the Xbox 360 is a waste of money and that REV will be the best.. i mean im getting a REV but i remember when people were talking about the Xbox PS2 and GC b4 they came out everyone said GC was gonna own look what happened will it happen again? really no one knws

Posted by Speedfreak

Quote me. I don't say things like "Xbox 360 is a waste of money" without giving evidence. That evidence is what you should be reading and arguing with, not the conclusion.

Myself, I think GC does own. There's more games on it that I like than any other system, and the next Zelda is the most promising game coming right now that we actually know anything about. This gen OR next-gen.

Yea i do want Zelda

Posted by Drewboy64

OMG he's from england, that's terrible! OMG!

Is this guy the same guy as the Mr. Bright person? did that n00b get banned?

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting Mmm.... GOOD!!!: Yea i do want Zelda

And I want you to stop posting.

Quoted post: but the same cannot be said for the jump from 2-D to 3-D from the SNES and Genesis.

That's because the technology was finally available. What do you expect them to do now? Virtual reality? Something that could potentionally harm a person and far from perfected? There's not much they can do at this point but upgrade AI, graphics, audio, and all that other jazz.

Plus, a jump like that has really only happened once and won't happen again for quite awhile. So why hold it against the next-gen consoles?

Posted by Speedfreak

Why not hold it against them? Nintendo are doing something new, they've invented a 3D interface, why didn't Sony or Microsoft bother to do anything?

Quoted post: why didn't Sony or Microsoft bother to do anything?

Because not everyone wants what Nintendo has to offer quite yet.

Why take a risk at this point when you're guaranteed to get tons of sales like the 360.

As much as I look forward to playing the Rev, I'm thankful Sony and MSoft aren't going down the same path. I do want something new, but I also want something like the 360.