Team up?

Posted by odie747

Should sony and microsoft team up and make awsome stuff like awsome computers with cool monaters so list ur opinion plz :)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

no

Posted by Prince Shondronai

sony teaming up with anyone would lower that company's own level of quality. With Microsoft, we'd get computers with really fast processors that take forever to load anything and are always suffering from dropped frames and slowdown.

Posted by Slade

OMG Squaresoft should team up with Enix.....!!!!!1!!21
Actually everyone should stay separate, as with more competition there's usually better quality.

Quoted post: Actually everyone should stay separate, as with more competition there's usually better quality.

Except, even big names have had to merge because of the growing costs.

It's true that more competition generally means better quality... but you can't put out good quality material if you can't afford it. Hence, merging.

Though, Sony and MSoft would never merge, and will probably never have a reason to.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting odie747: Should sony and microsoft team up and make awsome stuff like awsome computers with cool monaters so list ur opinion plz :)

Well, Sony did make that awesome sound chip for the SNES, bringing Nintendo ahead in the audio department over the Genesis in that legendary 16-bit war; and they were pretty close to making something special with the CD add-on. But as much as Sony and Microsoft can improve on a competitor's product by working together, it isn't happening. Now that Microsoft survived the daunting task of introducing a new system in today's Sony-dominated market, its targeting for the big dog. Microsoft wants to triumph over Sony, and considering both companies are more than proficient in areas other than gaming, they'll likely never merge or team up in case one of their systems fails miserably.

Posted by Drewboy64

I think Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony need to team up to compete against Nokia.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Drewboy64]I think Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony need to team up to compete against Nokia.

:) They wish...

Posted by Drewboy64

Well, that N-gage QD is way better than the Ds and PSP combined. It has such a big screen, good graphics, and great games! :-p

Posted by Klarth

That'd better be sarcasm I smell.

[quote=odie747]Should sony and microsoft team up and make awsome stuff like awsome computers with cool monaters so list ur opinion plz :)
Awsome.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Klarth: That'd better be sarcasm I smell.

It isn't; I'd would much rather waste my money on an N-gage than intelligently use it on a DS.

Posted by Luigi182

Just look at my Av, and you will understand who I think should team up. :D

Posted by Speedfreak

Ew, no way. I don't want to be associated with the poser nation that is Apple.

Posted by Drewboy64

Nintendo likes apple; Reggie talks about the iPod alot and the Rev seems iPod inspired, but I think Nintendo's going to stay alone.

Posted by Speedfreak

He only mentions iPod when repeating Sony's failings, and Revolution hasn't followed iPod design aesthetic at all.

Quoted post: and Revolution hasn't followed iPod design aesthetic at all.

Not saying that Apple trademared the glossy white/black, but you could compare it to Apple products. Plus, Reggie seems to want to follow in the steps of the iPod and become a "disrupter". So you could almost say that it was influenced by it.

Posted by Speedfreak

He was following a book he read, not Apple. And I do think there are great difference between iPod and Revolution. The only similarities are the colour, in fact.

Quoted post: He was following a book he read, not Apple.

... right. But he would still like to follow in their footsteps, hoping to do to the gaming world what they did to MP3 players.

Quoted post: The only similarities are the colour, in fact.

Obviously the colour is the only similarity. What else would they have in common? The controller?

Even if it's just the colour that's the same, you could still say that the Revoltion was inspired by the iPod. Since it seems to borrow that elemtent from it. Now, whether it was an influence or not, I don't really care. I'm just saying.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro]Obviously the colour is the only similarity. What else would they have in common? The controller?

Um...okay, you know there's like a billion other things that defines Apple's style other than just the colour, right?

[IMG]http://computer.zive.cz/files/obrazky/2005/2/ipod/Apple-iPod-photo.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://images.americas.creative.com/images/products/galleries/gal10274_full_1.jpg[/IMG]

They're both the same colour yet have completely different looks. THAT'S how much Revolution's design doesn't borrow from Apple.

Quoted post: Um...okay, you know there's like a billion other things that defines Apple's style other than just the colour, right?

They're both the same colour yet have completely different looks. THAT'S how much Revolution's design doesn't borrow from Apple.

Admit it, the iPod is known for two things: the colour, and the click-wheel. Not only that, but of any other piece of technology, the iPod is more well known for it's colour than anyone else. The glossy white IS Apple, even if someone else uses it. When the Rev and controller were unvieled, almost everyone commented on how it looked like Apple technology because of the colour.

Plus, I never said the Rev borrowed anything else from the iPod, just the colour.

That's it.

Posted by Speedfreak

You said the only thing it could have in common was the colour. I was correcting you, there's several other parts of iPod design that could've been imitated that weren't.

Quoted post: You said the only thing it could have in common was the colour. I was correcting you, there's several other parts of iPod design that could've been imitated that weren't.

Ah, I see. But really, it's Nintendo. They wouldn't.