NHL Season apparantly saved

Posted by Zac

Says the latest report. It might be confirmed tomorrow.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Saved?
It's cancelled.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

vampy: [url=http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpdDcyMnNwBF9TAzk1ODYxODgzBHNlYwN0bQ--?slug=ap-nhllockout&prov=ap&type=lgns]here.[/url]

a lot of people are saying that even if they do save it the season will suck because it'll only be 30 games. i say, why not have the season last a little longer and remove the first round of the playoffs (or shorten the first two rounds to a best-of-five)? even if you'd need to delay the start of next season by a month or even cut a few games out of the beginning of next season, i say do it. play until the beginning of july or something.

Posted by PaintItBlack

I hope they can save it. I'm not getting my hopes up again, though, because I was let down when everybody got excited about almost getting a deal done on Tuesday. When they play again, they'll probably incorporate the shootout to end tie regular season games, and they may make more changes. I certainly think they need to make the ice area a little bigger, but I don't see that or very many other changes occuring if they come back this year.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: vampy: here.

Gah, why haven't I heard of this yet? Thanks though, 'tis good to know.

Anywho, it won't be saved. I highly doubt they can come to some sort of decision that both sides will agree on.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

nevermind. click the link again.

Posted by Zac

Yeah looks like it was a false report last night

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

It would humor me if they brought back the NHL and no one went to go see them than.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

It would humor me if they brought back the NHL and no one went to go see them than.

I wonder if EA is going to release a NHL 2005. Agagagagagaaga

Posted by Megatron

They did. Last year.