Rep comments?

Posted by maian

..Where'd they go? It's no fun repping people anymore. >_>

Posted by Jesse Smith

Tell that 2 da guyz who made da hack!!!

Posted by Prince Redon

Agreed, it's kind of boring now...Just rep...I say start a poll. Let's vote to bring it back.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Prince Redon: Agreed, it's kind of boring now...Just rep...I say start a poll. Let's vote to bring it back.

polls don't make hacks just get remade magically!

I tried making it one day, but failed. We have to wait until it's remade for VGC's current vBulletin version (3.5).

Posted by Jesse Smith

I'm still waiting for the v3Arcade to get released!!!!!!

Yah, there's some downsides to upgrading. er they just released 3.5.1!

Posted by Prince Redon

Quoting Hyper: polls don't make hacks just get remade magically!

I tried making it one day, but failed. We have to wait until it's remade for VGC's current vBulletin version (3.5).

[b]Ah I thought he meant we removed the hack because of complaints. My misunderstanding...Ignore my last comment.;) [/B]

Posted by Hyper

I just heard about 3.5.1 today. Apparently it's just a small release though. It shouldn't delay the hack much.

Posted by Slade

When it becomes a possibility, let's poll it. I vote for that.

Posted by Jesse Smith

The one thing I hate about the newest version is when you rep, instead of a little pop-up, the whole browser goes to the rep page and then back to the thread.

er why couldn't they of just used AJAX for it if they were geting rid of da pop-up!!! (Yah, I saw the bug report about the rep that made them change it, though I never saw anything wrong with it!!!)

Posted by Ex-Linkman

When I go to rep someone, I still get a popup.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Linkman: When I go to rep someone, I still get a popup.

So do I. It acts the same as it always has for me.

Posted by Klarth

I think it's about the "rep-comments-appear-beneath-posts" hack.

Posted by Poison

Quoting maian: It's no fun repping people anymore. >_>

Agreed! No fun when you can't leave silly comments :(

Posted by Zeta

I liked rep comments, a lot of people's made me laugh. They should, without a doubt, come back.

Posted by The Judge

Yeah, I still get a popup and am in favor of the rep comments hack.

Posted by sabre

Ugh, definitely not. I like the fact that you don't get self-important morons re-repping or de-repping saying "compensation rep because x has a different opinion to me and therefore is stupid." It defies the point. It was stupid then, and it'll be stupid if it's re-implemented.

Besides, this way you get ninja stealth or something. You don't need rep comments screamed out loud. It's not like comments have always been visible, either - when the system was first introduced, you couldn't see them. I don't see any reason why it's suddenly an intolerable loss, now. I'm definitely not going to miss the huge box. At all.

Posted by GameMiestro

What exactly did the rep hack do?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: What exactly did the rep hack do?

The comment hack? Well, you know when you rep someone and leave a message like "stfu" or whatever? Well, that message would show up like "Vampiro disagrees: stfu" in a box underneath the person's text in their post.

Posted by Arczu

I didn't think they were bad. I liked how they made funny thread even funnier.

Maybe (I'm on a tangent here) we could have the hack modified and make an option set in out User CP weather to see reputation comments on a post or not. I think that would work nicely.

Posted by The Judge

I like that thinking.

This is why Arczu is our idea-man for VGC.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Quoting Sabredog: Ugh, definitely not. I like the fact that you don't get self-important morons re-repping or de-repping saying "compensation rep because x has a different opinion to me and therefore is stupid." It defies the point. It was stupid then, and it'll be stupid if it's re-implemented.

Besides, this way you get ninja stealth or something. You don't need rep comments screamed out loud. It's not like comments have always been visible, either - when the system was first introduced, you couldn't see them. I don't see any reason why it's suddenly an intolerable loss, now. I'm definitely not going to miss the huge box. At all.

Linkman agrees!

Posted by sabre

Sabredog agrees: thanks for the rep man

Posted by Random

How can I be evil and make mean nasty comments to people and not get recognition if only that person can see...?

Posted by GameMiestro

You could just type it out manually.

Posted by Luigi182

Precisely. Like in, I don't know, say a normal post?

Posted by mis0

it's not really a big deal, and it doesn't encourage mobbing of anyones posts, which I guess is both a pro and con within itself. Besides, comments not influenced by others from being public are probably more truthful.

So, I don't really care either way.

Posted by GameMiestro

It wont be long before someone figures out how to break the system (typing out fake reps given by mods).

Posted by Ex-Linkman

How about just turning the rep system off all together? It very well might be the worse thing vBulletin has ever thought up. :(

Posted by Hyper

No, it's a good feature. It's just that it isn't really designed for a board with as many immature users as VGC. =/

Posted by Random

Quoting GameMiestro: You could just type it out manually.

lol! thats good thats good.. Can't say I thought of that..

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Except every few posts you'd get something like

"lmao i agree!!!"

Posted by Jesse Smith

I'm still waiting for da Arcade hack :(, hince I haven't added any hacks except the one signiture per page one.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Linkman: When I go to rep someone, I still get a popup.

It does for me too. I can rep people.

Posted by D.J Cat

I like it heaps better the way it is.
The posts would always look all cluttered up and crappy and so on. (I wish I could explain myself better, but I know what I mean...)

Although Linkman's suggestion is good too. :o

Quoting Linkman: How about just turning the rep system off all together? It very well might be the worse thing vBulletin has ever thought up. :(

Posted by Xero

Turning the rep system down.

Jesse Smith will have the last word on that, so the best we can do is try to influence his choice...

Posted by Fate

I didn't like how some people copped out of threads by disagreeing with someone via rep comments just so someone could quote them and carry the argument further and eliminate the entire point of disagreeing with someone in private and not openly. If someone says "I don't like war" and someone disagrees with "well if you don't like Bush you suck because of these reasons" just to keep out of posting in a thread, then it's absolutely pointless. I do, however, like that the "lol"s and the "lmao"s stay behind closed doors. Actually, I'd prefer if all comments were kept private. Isn't the reputation system supposed to rely on good posting?

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Flame ghost]so the best we can do is try to influence his choice...

Not likely...

Posted by Ant

Quoting Fate: Isn't the reputation system supposed to rely on good posting?

Well, you aren't obviously going to rep somebody for positive rep if it's a ****ty post. Unless they are going to be a dickhead and don't like you for personal reasons, but what would stop them from doing that in the first place.

In any case, I don't feel to strongly either way, but I would prefer if the rep comments came back. It added another interesting thing to the site. Some may say stupid, but it was interesting ****it and you know it was.

Posted by Fate

I was kind of referring to bandwagon-ish rep comments. :/

Posted by Ant

Ah, I see.

I suppose it takes away from the meaning of the rep. But still, their is a purpose behind it!

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Flame ghost: so the best we can do is try to influence his choice...

Az a wise man once said....

Not likely...

Posted by GameMiestro

If you try to influence his choice with money, you might have a chance.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Jesse, I'll give you 10 bucks to close this thread.

EDIT: Nevermind, no I won't.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

I'll just do it for free..