Revolution FPS controls

Posted by Drewboy64

What would your First Person Shooter controls for the Revolution be?

For me, you would use the joystick and the remote. The joystick is to straif and move forwards/backwards obviously, and the remote to aim. If you moved the remote left or right or up and down, it would aim your gun. In a vehicle, it would make you turn. Tilting it would tilt you so you could look around corners, and would tilt a vehicle (plane). B would be to fire your gun/primary weapon, A would be to jump/use missiles. Pressing Z2 would switch grenades. Z2 with a upwards or downwards tilting movement would maek you do a flip turn, and Z 2 with a tilt would be a barrel roll. Also, tilting the controller forward or back would, in a vehicle, make you ascend/descend. Z1 would make you throw a grenade and make your vehicle go forward. The D pad would be for commands like stop, regroup, go forward, and make a formation. X (a) would be an Action button to get in vehicles and hijack, and Y (b) would be to dual weild and switch weapons.

Posted by Pit

I'm gonna agree with Skitzo Control when he says:

"I sure do look forward to buying the Xbox 360."

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Yeah, I suppose a quick-turn feature would solve the problem of being able to turn 180 degrees using the controller. It'll take some getting used to, though.

Posted by IIMrBrightsidexX

i hate hat u have to use the ACTUAL controller to moe aim that would suck for me

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoting IIMrBrightsidexX: i hate hat u have to use the ACTUAL controller to moe aim that would suck for me

'Cause you're clearly retarded, right?

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Vampiro: 'Cause you're clearly retarded, right?

hahahahahha. yeah, but I have to agree with the kid. I hate how its really easy to aim and that FPS's are going to be really really fun. I'd rather have more trouble playing a game and have less of an awesome experience.

Posted by Speedfreak

The people who played it said you could turn very easily by just holding the remote to one side.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Drewboy64: hahahahahha. yeah, but I have to agree with the kid. I hate how its really easy to aim and that FPS's are going to be really really fun. I'd rather have more trouble playing a game and have less of an awesome experience.

You fail at sarcasm.

I'd rather use the shell for fpses, but we'll see...

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Klarth: You fail at sarcasm.

I'd rather use the shell for fpses, but we'll see...

You fail at imagination

Posted by Drewboy64

I don't see why anyone would use a shell. Keyboard and mouse/Revolution control makes it way easier to aim.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Bebop: You fail at imagination

The "but we'll see" was indicative of the fact that I wouldn't be able to judge yet, what with having not actually played on a Revo, just like everyone else here :)

Posted by Speedfreak

Then why even bother saying you'd rather use the shell, only to immediately retract your statement?:)

Posted by Drewboy64

There will probably be a Shell option in FPS's, but I don't see why anyone in their right mind would want to use the shell.

Quoted post: There will probably be a Shell option in FPS's, but I don't see why anyone in their right mind would want to use the shell.

Cann't the shell still use motion sensors? So, you could technically use regular controls while using it like the remote.

Posted by Speedfreak

Maybe. Depends on how the hell it works, really. We're going to have to wait and see until we really understand.

Posted by Drewboy64

It will still use the sensor, but it would be a bit harder to use it when its in the shell.

Quoted post: It will still use the sensor, but it would be a bit harder to use it when its in the shell.

I don't think so... you can turn your hands while using a controller right? I don't imagine it would be any different.

Quoted post: Maybe. Depends on how the hell it works, really. We're going to have to wait and see until we really understand.

Truth. I'm just hoping I don't have to wait until May.

well i mean most games i ve played where u buy a gun and point it like the controller have lagged plus im too used to XBox controls although Mouse and keyboard will always own for FPSs

Quoted post: well i mean most games i ve played where u buy a gun and point it like the controller have lagged

The Rev uses different technology than a light-gun.

ooooo i c now

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Vampiro: I don't think so... you can turn your hands while using a controller right? I don't imagine it would be any different.

True, but why would you do that with a controller shell? It'd be so much easier to do that without one. If you're going to use the shell for an FPS, you might as well use traditional dual stick controls.

Quoted post: True, but why would you do that with a controller shell? It'd be so much easier to do that without one. If you're going to use the shell for an FPS, you might as well use traditional dual stick controls.

So you still have the same layout as a regular controller.

I don't know. I'm just repeating what Nintendo has said, which is the fact that the motion sensor would still be enabled while in the shell.

Posted by Drewboy64

I think that, when in the shell, the motion sensor would be a secondary means of control; like in SSBR, there might be extra moves using it, or it could be used to scroll through menus, but I think if the motion was the main control type, it would be either the remote alone or a remote with a different attachment like the analogue stick.

Either way, we have no idea how it will be used.

Posted by Drewboy64

All i know is that controller+analogue > controller shell in terms of FPS's. I look forward to usikng the shell in SSBR and such, though.