Hitman: The Movie

Posted by Pikamon

Source: [url=http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=11650]http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=11650[/url]

[quote]20th Century Fox has hired Skip Woods (Swordfish) to adapt its feature version of videogame Hitman, with Vin Diesel toplining, says Variety.

The studio picked up the Eidos game franchise in June from producers Chuck Gordon and Adrian Askarieh. Diesel will executive produce and Daniel Alter will serve in a producing capacity.

The story centers on an international assassin, known as Agent 47, who works for a mysterious organization dubbed the Agency.

The trade adds that Fox is looking at Hitman as a potential franchise. The first three games in the "Hitman" franchise have sold more than 5 million units.

Woods also worked on the remake of Logan's Run at Warner Bros.

Eidos, which was recently acquired by Sci Games, is working on another sequel, "Hitman: Blood Money." Originally scheduled for the middle of this year, it has been pushed back to the winter.

It might be good, it might not be. Vin Deasel is starring in it, and, personally, I don't really like his acting style. It seems like everyone's getting in on the video game movies, now that we can actually use special affects well enough to make them look half-way decent.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

'Nother crappy video-game-based-movie.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Agreed with Vampy, but I still maintain hope for this. Unlike Doom, or other game-movie tie ins, I always felt that Hitman would make a better movie than game. However, only time will tell.

Posted by boomstick

I just don't see Vin Deisel as Agent 47.

Posted by BEZ1

The game kinda sucked so hopefully the movie will do better.

Posted by Klarth

VIN DIESEL AND GAME-BASED MOVIES, **** YEAH!

Posted by Crazy K

I just dont see Vin Diesel playing the part of Agent 47. Agent 47 aint to beefy if you ask me.

I actually was hoping they would make a movie of this, but I thought of Bruce Willis as the actor. But I highly doubt that would ever happen.

Posted by Jesus of Suburbia

Yeah... he's not as strong, yet he's more creative than Vin.