Castlevania movie ><

Posted by Zeta

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=11828

[quote]Crystal Sky Pictures has bought the rights to long-running Konami video game franchise Castlevania and has set helmer Paul W.S. Anderson (Alien vs. Predator, Resident Evil) to adapt and direct.

Paul and Crystal Sky president Benedict Carver will produce along with Anderson and Jeremy Bolt, who are partnered in Impact PicturesImpact Pictures.

The film will focus on the origins of Dracula and the uprising of the Belmont Clan, a vampire-slaying family who supposedly become humanity's last hope.

Production is slated to start in mid-2006; no casting has been set. "Castlevania" was first released in 1986. The latest version, "Castlevania: Curse of Darkness," comes out Stateside on November 8.

Crap! I never thought CV would get a movie. I thought they'd just stick with FPS/Survival horror games. >< WTF is with the movie industry making video game-based movies!?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: and has set helmer Paul W.S. Anderson

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Please, God, let this movie never see the light of day.

Posted by Dexter

Movie rights to games are bought frequently, and many of them don't go anywhere. I don't see this happening.

Quoted post: Movie rights to games are bought frequently, and many of them don't go anywhere. I don't see this happening.

Look at BloodRayne. Who would have thought that would actually be made. Though it is Uwe Boll (or however you spell his name), so I guess that's a different story.

Posted by Dexter

Whoa. I had no idea about that one. Uwe Boll? That's terrible. Ben Kingsley? That's rad.

I still wonder if Metroid's ever going to happen.

Quoted post: Whoa. I had no idea about that one. Uwe Boll? That's terrible. Ben Kingsley? That's rad.

Except I heard Ben Kingsley pretty much fell flat on his face. Though, that's more because it was a ****ty script than anything (review: http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=21638 (and his retort on the review: http://www.bollbashers.com/news.htm )).

Posted by Dexter

Alone in the Dark had terrible dialogue. I left that film pondering how awful it truly was, so I can easily imagine this film roughly similar in approach. Michelle Rodriguez might have some kick and Billy Zane might make me giggle.

What other video game movies are on the way that I should be aware of?

Halo, Metroid, Sillent Hill, Dungeon Siege, Far Cry, Hunter: The Reckoning, Postal, Fear Effect and a lot more I'm sure.

Posted by Dexter

I think I need to hire someone to assassinate Uwe Boll before he goes too far.

Please do.

Posted by Zeta

While I completely dislike the idea of a Castlevania movie, I can't help but wonder who will play Leon Belmont? Considering the article said it would be the origin of Dracula the movie will probably be based on Lament of Innocence.

*Imagines The Rock dressed up as Leon and Vin Deisil dressed as Matthias*

... I don't know whether to laugh or to cry, now.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Vampiro: Postal

Now that might just be offence enough for people to protest if done right.

Posted by Pit

Mr. Bean as Belmont and Will Ferrell as Dracula

Posted by rockinfingers23

I loved playing the game. I hope they make it a good movie

Quoted post: I hope they make it a good movie

You haven't seen many video game movies have you?

Posted by Pikamon

Considering that both Alien vs Pred and Resident Evil were subpar, I don't expect this one to be that much better.

Why can't anyone make a decent dracula movie? It's probably because they're always trying to outdue the book in some amazing way that always seems to fail. But this isn't the book, of course, it's a game, which means this one will probably be even worse than all the other dracula movies put together. A pity, too, because I actually enjoy these games.

Posted by The Judge

If it comes out, it better be about Lament of Innocence, which was a great game.

Posted by Zeta

[quote=The Judge]If it comes out, it better be about Lament of Innocence, which was a great game.

Yes, it was a very good game and very underrated... I hope you're not being sarcastic.

On a side note, [url=http://www.cinematical.com/2005/10/31/maybe-just-maybe-we-are-free-of-uwe-boll/]Mr. Boll might be done for good.[/url] Hopefully.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Quoting Vampiro: Halo, Metroid, Sillent Hill, Dungeon Siege, Far Cry, Hunter: The Reckoning, Postal, Fear Effect and a lot more I'm sure.

Oh dude, Hunter: the Reckoning would actually be a pretty sweet movie. I say that cause I'm a major freak of the original Hunter: The Reckoning game for gamecube.

Anyway, I sure hope they don't make CV movie. That would suck...just like all the other "videogame" movies.

Hey has anyone seen DOOM? Did it suck?

Quoted post: Hey has anyone seen DOOM? Did it suck?

It was based off of Doom... what do you think?

I'm not saying the games sucked, but they had no character development, storyline, ad so on. They're just games where you're supposed to shoot things. And that's pretty much the whole movie. The characters sucked, no storyline, nothing really to keep your brain entertained. It's just a movie where you sit back and watch the action. If you like gore, guns, and blood, you'll love Doom.

Quoted post:
Oh dude, Hunter: the Reckoning would actually be a pretty sweet movie. I say that cause I'm a major freak of the original Hunter: The Reckoning game for gamecube.

I'm sure many House of the Dead/Street Fighter fans said that too.

Posted by Pikamon

The thing about Doom was that it wasn't, like Vampiro said, a thinker or character movie. It was just an action, big guns, super monster-fighting movie. It's entertaining, but don't expect to see something with a deep storyline.

I enjoyed it because I didn't have high expectations for it. Go see it with that mindset and you'll be alright.