Best video game ending

Posted by KMFDM

What game do you think has the best ending? Tell us why you think it is the best video game endind.

I think Oddworld: Strangers Wrath has the best ending. You end up blowing up a dame, saving the natives, and you find what happened to the old Steef.It was a really happy ending that made you fell good about betting the game.

Oh and sorry if this thread is already around I only looked at the first two pages.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Gran Turismo 2, since it had no ending. (The game has a glitch that only allows for something like 98.5 percent completion.)

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Super Pachinko Kingdom

"You are winner!"

Posted by ExoXile

All endings are bad :(

Posted by KMFDM

Quoting ExoXile: All endings are bad :(

why do you say that? I like beating game and when they have a good ending it wakes you feel happy.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting KMFDM: why do you say that? I like beating game and when they have a good ending it wakes you feel happy.

A game ending's never good :o

Posted by KMFDM

so what you just want the game to go on and on forever? Man that would get so boring.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting KMFDM: so what you just want the game to go on and on forever? Man that would get so boring.

Would it?

Posted by KMFDM

Yes it would I mean think of it. If you were to do something like an MMORPG or fighter or FPS it would get boring. You would just be fight the same people doing the same misons with no goal.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting KMFDM: Yes it would I mean think of it. If you were to do something like an MMORPG or fighter or FPS it would get boring. You would just be fight the same people doing the same misons with no goal.

<-continuation->

Posted by Zeta

Good game endings are few and far in between. Not a lot come to mind, but for the most recent games I've played, I'd say MegaMan Zero 4's ending was pretty good.

Posted by Klarth

X-X-X-X-X-X-XENOGEARS.

Or Tales of Phantasia. Or Terranigma. Your choice.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Klarth: X-X-X-X-X-X-XENOGEARS.
[COLOR="Yellow"]Respect.

Off the top my head:

-Final Fantasy VII
-Kingdom Hearts
-Jak 3
-Metal Gear Solid 3:Snake Eater
-Shadow of the Colossus
-Donkey Kong Country 2: DKQ
-G[COLOR="Yellow"]o[/COLOR]d of War[/COLOR]

Posted by Big Boss

My top ten endings:

10. The Dig (PC)
9. Kingdom Hearts (PS2)
8. Onimusha (PS2)
7. Doom (PC)
6. WWE Here Comes The Pain (PS2) - when you become WWE champion in season mode.
5. Metal Gear Solid (PS)
4. Paper Mario (N64)
3. Mega Man X5 (PS)
2. Final Fantasy X (PS2)
1. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS2) - if games were up for Oscars...

Posted by Bebop

Mario Bros 2 and the Donkey Kong Countrys. I like it when games show the enimies and their names. Top stuff.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting KMFDM: Yes it would I mean think of it. If you were to do something like an MMORPG or fighter or FPS it would get boring. You would just be fight the same people doing the same misons with no goal.

I'd like to know the name of so mauch as one MMo that doesnt require you to kill the sme things over and over and over again.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Bebop: Mario Bros 2 and the Donkey Kong Countrys. I like it when games show the enimies and their names. Top stuff.

Yes, those are good, too. I feel so stupid when I don't know an enemy's proper name. I think I used to call Goombas 'brown ball dudes' until I beat Super Mario World.

Posted by FullMetal

Personally:
10. Doom {PC}
9. Final Fantasy X
8. Shadow of the Colossus
7. Final Fantasy VII
6. Death Jr.
5. Medievil Ressurection
4. Skullmonkeys {PS1}
3. God of War
2. Kingdom Hearts
1. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Posted by Crazy K

My first pick would be Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake eater. The end is so beautiful. And its just so good. My second favorite would be for God Of war, I liked it in some ways.

I also must agree with Big Boss on the WWE SD HCTP ending. But its quite repeatative after I you played it nearly everyday, like I did. :)

Posted by Random

Star Wars KOTOR.. You could decide your own ending. You had to choose your own path to get to your own ending. You could be Evil or Good. In Kotor II, you could be Evil, Good, or inbetween. For Some odd reason, 2/3 times I managed to be inbetween. It's hard to go to the Lightside when Evil passes through my veins..

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Klarth]Or Terranigma.

*smacks fingers* RESPEK

Terranigma > all games.

Posted by KoH

Just a few games with great endings:

Doom, God of War, Silent Hill 2 (dog ending :D ), and pacman. :)

Oh and HL2. I know I know... but it was a good ending for a cliff-hanger.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

hey koh buddy, what happenes at the end of pacman?

Posted by Speedfreak

It crashes. Seriously.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

Quoting Klarth: X-X-X-X-X-X-XENOGEARS.

I agree.

Posted by Fate

The ending to MGS3 had me in tears. After all that happened, I couldn't help it. =;.;=

"I'd give my life, not for honor, but for you..."

Posted by DDP

Final fantasy 8 by far!
The song, CG, everything..

Posted by KoH

[quote=Speedfreak]It crashes. Seriously.

Yeah... :-/ The last few levels you can barely make out, if at all.

Posted by GameMiestro

The end to Starcraft: Brood Wars. Even if you aren't a Starcraft fan, you got to admit, that ending was pretty sweet.

Posted by ItsQuagmire

Metal Gear Solid 3,Kingdom Hearts,Onimusha, and nobody else might agree with me on this but Star Ocean:Till the End of Time, god i wasted too much time on this game so it was worth it and Final Fantasy 7&8