Nintendogs question

Posted by Drewboy64

Sorry for making a seperate thread of this or whatever.
Does anyone know if a dog can forget their name? Do you have to call them whenever you play to reinforce it, becuase I usually can't say things loud cuase my parents don't know I have my DS (they took it from me for school but i got it back):p:

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Hah. No, your dog can't forget its name - although it won't respond to it a lot unless you use it a lot. Once you've reached a lower limit, though, you'll need a lot of effort to get it to start responding to its name again.

You can just whistle or tap the screen to get it to come to you as well. It gets happier if you whistle at it. And just - I don't know - call its name when your parents are out.

Posted by Drewboy64

alright, thanks. Yeah, sometimes my dog doesn't respond, and I can't command it or call it alot because then people will hear me (parents think I don't have any of my games because they took most of them for school :rolleyes: ). But yeah, thanks.

Well, uh. You could try doing well at your schoolwork, and asking them to give it back to you.

Heh, I'm studying Game Development, so I can play all I want. *smug smile*

Posted by Drewboy64

Hey, I get all A's. But I'm chinese, so my parents are all STUDY 25/8, ****it!

But yeah. Lucky you.

Lacist. :)

Posted by junior senior

I had to shorten my dog's name because it was too long (how is Midnight too long?) I couldn't think of anything that was that limit, so if I get another dog I don't know what to name it. :(

I have a question, too, is the Rainbow collar supposed to be yellow or does it change?

Posted by Drewboy64

Rainbow collar?? I don't know about that. But my dog's name is Kirby :-p
Also, if you did all the difficulties of contests, would more appear so you could make more money?

Posted by junior senior

Not sure, I just make mine win 1st place then lose and lose again then first place and repeat.

The Rainbow collar isn't yellow, really. It's just got very fine banding, and appears yellow. If you go to sell it, you can see a close-up of it, and it's obvious.

My second dog is a husky, called Ghost. It's currently wearing a Viking hat. My previous Yorkie, Brandon, wore Luigi's hat. Hurrah!

Posted by Drewboy64

I just got a mario hat! :-p
And does anyone know if somethign affects whether or not your dog gets presents/looks for trash?

Ugh, you git. I've only got Luigi ones so far.

I do know that if your dog is hungry it's more likely to look for scraps in garbage cans, and so I always feed mine before a walk. And every random thing I find is mostly a gift.

Posted by junior senior

If you play with them more yeah you'll get more.

I got a Weird Alien, worth $600. Should I sell it or not?

ps I've gotten so many of those Mario and Luigi hats. :p:

Wait until you need the money for a refurb or a new dog, or something.

Posted by Nightscare

do nintendogs die? because i cant find my charger so i havent fed them in a month

No, they don't. They just get very hungry and steadily less pleased with you.

Posted by junior senior

After Famished and parched, what's next?

...and I washed my dog for like literally 10 minutes but it wouldn't come clean. Is this because I used short hair shampoo instead of long?

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Junior Senior: After Famished and parched, what's next?

...and I washed my dog for like literally 10 minutes but it wouldn't come clean. Is this because I used short hair shampoo instead of long?

Well, it could be if your dog is a long hair dog. Check its stats to see that. And remember, wire brushes are for long hairs, and rubbers (heh) are for short hairs. And after famished and parched, it's run away. They come back eventually, and you should treat it with care.

Hm, I feed mine every time before it goes on a walk, but it usually looks for garbage. One time i came across a present but didnt drag him towards it quick enough :(

And I think my nintendog might die soon (Mario Kart :D )

YOUR PUPPY CAN'T DIE.

And it can't get more hungry than famished or more thirsty than parched, either, but it will start to like you less, and as Drewboy says - it will run away.

I think it'll probably take like a month for it to run away, though. And it always comes back anyway.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Wings: YOUR PUPPY CAN'T DIE.

And it can't get more hungry than famished or more thirsty than parched, either, but it will start to like you less, and as Drewboy says - it will run away.

I think it'll probably take like a month for it to run away, though. And it always comes back anyway.

Yeah, I know it can't die. I said that earlier in my post, but I wrote "die" when I was joking. As in, I'll be playing Mario kart so much that my dog will die.

Posted by junior senior

Does anyone have the parrot? If you do, what are good words to record? I always say "hayyyy" and the dogs like it.

Posted by dylananisa

actualy they can forget their names just don't say thier name

Well, they don't forget, per se. They just hardly respond to it. When they do, it's important to give them lots of lovin' and it'll come back to them.

Posted by dylananisa

yha that to

Posted by junior senior

Does anyone know what the blinking pee spots mean?

Posted by dylananisa

thays the placeyour dog marked it teratory sorry not that good at spelling yet

Yeah - close enough. They only blink when you reach a ? space, and it signifies another dog. The closer the blinking spots are to you, the more likely it is that the dog you meet will be unfriendly.

Posted by Drewboy64

interesting. And why the heck is the rainbow collar yellow with a stripe?
Does anyone have the Lion's mane? It's really funny.

Yeah, it's not. It just looks like it.

Wow, I've not played this game in ages. I'm going to boot it up now and have a play.

Posted by Drewboy64

Your Nintendog might have ran away then. Hey, what is the point of the dictionary box?

No, it's still there. :)

Posted by junior senior

Yeah I was about to say that. It doesn't work, wtf.

Try recording something on your White Record. :)

Posted by dylananisa

yha the dictonary box replays the message on the white record but it has a low volume to it so it sounds like a donkey on *****

Posted by Drewboy64

oh cool. Thanks.
What does battery save mode do?

Posted by junior senior

turns off your light and I think saves your game after 5 minutes not in use.

alright, can I see some pictures of the Desktop Interior? Can someone describe it? Is it like a work desk, cup of pencils?

Posted by NightmareBassX

You guys are making me want to buy Nintendogs alot. I have been, but I chose Sonic rush over it. I'll get it for my birthday.

Posted by junior senior

I'd recemend Dachshund & Friends.

It's ten minutes, not five.

As soon as I get that twenty grand you can see the Desktop thing, JS... :)

Posted by nich

I feel kindof stupid asking this but I must for I am annoyed. When it says name your nintendog, I say it, she hears it, then it asks me to say it again, and again, again but it never registers.

EDIT: Nevermind I got it. but no exagerations here it took me around 25 times for it to register, I must have a difficult dog or something.

Posted by mckennahd

Hey don't feel bad, it took us forever to get ours to work. Okay, just wanted to ask a question earlier, but we figured it out. Back to the FOOD!!!

Either that or you weren't saying it the same way each time.

Posted by junior senior

I have $8,000-somewhat dollars, I sell everything I get double of, except 10-Gallon Hats, those suck and I sell tissues (although I haven't gotten those in quite some time) and juice bottles.

Posted by alexisstar123

i have nintendogs to theres even a website i go on it for i have one dog im really goood at the agility contests teell me wasts up on your information well nice seeing yah

Posted by Colonel

Nice bump.