Lemony Snicket's Books

Posted by Xqars

OK, so I know the reading level for these books is very low, but I started them in elementary school. I read so many of them I had to finish them. I think I had read book 9 in the 4th grade. I think they're great. Very high up on my book list. There's this thing about them though. It's not really a bad thing but I always have the feeling that the Baudelaires don't really do 300 pages worth of events. It's because Lemony Snicket talks about vocabulary or sayings for half the book! Well, I'm on chapter 10 in the Penulimate Peril. Does anyone else read them?

Posted by Dark

Well, I started reading in the 5th grade. It's an interesting series so I like reading it. I just finished the Penultimate Peril a few days ago.

Posted by Klarth

Read them all the way up to The Slippery Slope, stopped when I was eleven.

Oh, and his real name is Daniel Handler.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I've never even heard of them. That's what I get for living in Canada.

Are they worth reading now?

Posted by Klarth

No. They're written in a pseudo-pretentious way that seems to have the intention of expanding children's vocabulary with words that we Brits already sanctimoniously utilise on an [idiosyncratically] daily basis.

Posted by veritas

I read the first one and then stopped.

Posted by Nightscare

ive read every single one and am addicted. i love these books like asian hookers love you long time