Silent Hill: The Movie

Posted by Pikamon

It's all [url=http://movies.yahoo.com/shop;_ylt=AiseAqeVMA6QLYTqBbmeNr1fVXcA?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808718754]HERE[/url], folks. I was pretty surprised to see it being made. It could be pretty good, if done right, but there's really no telling with video game movies.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

[center][/center]

I'd hit it.

Posted by Crazy K

Very old news to me. I actually made an thread on it before, but it went down after a wile. But here is another link to the films cast and crew: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384537/

I hope it is going to be a good film, Im so fascinated with the story of silent hill, that I was so very happy to see a film being made of it. I just hope they dont make a horrible horror flick and ruin the SH series. But from the Pictures thety showed, made it look kinda both Cheesey, I just hope it has good acting and a good story, cause thats what keeps me into a movie is a good story.

I just wish it would come out sooner, like a few coming months.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Session 9. It's pretty much SH.

It should hold you over until the actual movie comes out.

Posted by sion

Can't wait it looks really good and they kept some stuff that made silent hill, silent hill like the flash light and the way some of the screen shot shows the Radio.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: [center][/center]

I'd hit it.

I can't help but laugh at that picture.

The plot sounds very similar to the first only with a woman in the lead.

Posted by BEZ1

Looks good so far, but only time will tell.

Posted by Crazy K

I just hope that it dont go into the rank of "horrible Game movies." because this is trully the first Video game turned movie that I really want to see.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: [center][/center]

I hate to repeat myself, but that pic looks ****ing stupid

Posted by Lord of Spam

Sounds like its going to suck. I've never heard of any of the cast/crew members, and they have already shown that changina major aspect of the game (i.e. lead character's gender) isnt an issue for them.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Lord of Spam: Sounds like its going to suck. I've never heard of any of the cast/crew members, and they have already shown that changina major aspect of the game (i.e. lead character's gender) isnt an issue for them.

What's the gender matter, Silent Hill 3 had a female lead and it's probably the best of the four.

Quoted post: Silent Hill 3 had a female lead and it's probably the best of the four.

No, it IS the best of the four.

Posted by Lord of Spam

It doesnt matter that its a female in any sort of sense other than THE FACT THAT ITS A HUGE FREAKIN DETAIL. That would be like them making a Hulk movie, but making him blue. It may not affect the story, but its retarded and didnt need to be changed.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Lord of Spam: It doesnt matter that its a female in any sort of sense other than THE FACT THAT ITS A HUGE FREAKIN DETAIL. That would be like them making a Hulk movie, but making him blue. It may not affect the story, but its retarded and didnt need to be changed.

Bad comparison, changing gender doesn't make that much difference in Silent Hill, at all, just look at the Silent Hill 3 example, main character female, best of the series, it makes no real difference.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Neither does the Hulk's color, but would you trust a movie about him if you saw a movie poster with him being blue?

Maybe one more time will help you get this. I'll try caplock too.

CHANGING THE GENDER OF THE MAIN CHARACTER IS A SIGN THAT THE MOVIE MAKERS HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THE SOURCE MATERIAL. IF THIS IS THE CASE, THE CHANCES ARE RATHER GOOD THAT THE STORY WILL HAVE LITTLE TO DO WITH WHAT IT IS BASED ON, AND HENCE IT SHALL SUCK.

Get it now? It's really rather simple...

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Lord of Spam: Neither does the Hulk's color, but would you trust a movie about him if you saw a movie poster with him being blue?

Maybe one more time will help you get this. I'll try caplock too.

CHANGING THE GENDER OF THE MAIN CHARACTER IS A SIGN THAT THE MOVIE MAKERS HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THE SOURCE MATERIAL. IF THIS IS THE CASE, THE CHANCES ARE RATHER GOOD THAT THE STORY WILL HAVE LITTLE TO DO WITH WHAT IT IS BASED ON, AND HENCE IT SHALL SUCK.

Get it now? It's really rather simple...

No, it's stupid, they aren't adoption one of the games directly, so it shouldn't make any difference the gender of the main character, that's how simple it is.

If they were adopting say the original Silent Hill directly I see your point otherwise, it doesn't.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I was under the impression that they were.

Even if they arent, I'm still not impressed. No big names, nothing outstanding to look forward to it seems.

Posted by Crazy K

The movie could possible be all games rapped up in one, but I dont see how that is at all possible.

Posted by BEZ1

No big names is a good thing. Big names would just guarantee the movie will suck.

Posted by Klarth

Care to elaborate?

Yeah, that makes no sense.

Posted by Fate

ftp://ftp.futurenet.co.uk/pub/cvg/sh_movie_teaser.wmv

Posted by The Punisher

Well I guess its possible for some really big named guy like Nicholas Cage to be in the movie, but as you watch it your like wow, I liked him better in National Treasure. So it could take away the full experience to the movie. So in a way its good no big names are in this. Look at passions of the Christ, even though Mel Gibson made it, he wasn’t in it. No one knew who Jesus was being played by, making it so much better. Even if Mel hadn’t directed it, it would probably be a big seller as well.

Posted by Fate

[url=http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808718754/trailer]XD!!!!!!![/url]

OMG this is going to be so awesome. I love Silent Hill!

Posted by Crazy K

If only my computer was good enough to put it to full screen. From what I seen it looks like it might be good. And this spring (hopefully around March or April) I hope it comes out sooner. Anyways when it comes to theaters im going to see it.

Wow... it doesn't look half as bad as I expected. They even kept some of the game's monsters... who would have thought.

Though the poster looks really lame. But whatever, I definitely want to see this.

Posted by Burn

holy crap that trailer is awesome! did anybody see it on the big screen?

Posted by Crazy K

I tried viewing the trailer to full screen, but it was way to blurry on my computer. Next Weekend I may be going over to someones house to babysit, and they have a good computer, then ill check out the trailer.

Quoted post: I tried viewing the trailer to full screen, but it was way to blurry on my computer. Next Weekend I may be going over to someones house to babysit, and they have a good computer, then ill check out the trailer.

Chances are it will look bad on most people's computer. I just don't think it's meant for full-screen viewing.

Posted by boomstick

Oh, wow, doesn't look half bad, plus it's nice to see that it looks of A-List quality as far as effects, after I saw that one pic I got a bit scared.

Posted by The Punisher

Yeah dont be thrown off by the movie poster, it was made by some fan as a contest. Its obviously photoshoped.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting BEZ1: No big names is a good thing. Big names would just guarantee the movie will suck.

You see, what Mr. BEZ1 is saying is actually true.

If you use actors who have proven themselves in film several times, such that they win awards, and are the first choices of casting people all over the industry, well, we can safely assume that these actors and actresses are long overdue for a bad performance. It could happen any day now.

So if we bring in big names to do this Silent Hill picture, the filmmakers and actors involved in the project will end up doing poorly because it's about time that they didn't do well.

Orlando Bloom should be in this movie, and his character, nay, he himself, should die in the first four minutes.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Akira's doing the soundtrack, so I'll probably see it. Hopefully Mary Elizabeth is doing the vocals on this one as well. Anyway, yeah, I'm big on Silent Hill, so even if it's crap but still has the well thought out plotline and disturbing imagery that's present in the games, I'll enjoy it. I mean, I won't have to deal with awful controls and that's always a plus.

I wonder how a Fatal Frame movie would turn out.

Posted by Fate

I thought Sean Bean was in the movie, not Bloom.

Posted by The Judge

I hate horror movies, because they scare the crap out of me.

Regardless, I'm going to see this one, and if it's anything like the games, I'll need a carton of NyQuil for a few weeks.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Fate]I thought Sean Bean was in the movie, not Bloom.

I thought he was in it aswell. It says on IMDb that he is staring as Christopher

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384537/

edit: [URL="http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/silenthill/postercontest/vote/index.php"]Vote for poster here[/URL]

Quoted post: I wonder how a Fatal Frame movie would turn out.

I don't think it would be that bad actually. Cameras and ghosts go hand-in-hand, and it could lead to some pretty good scares.

Posted by The Judge

I wonder how a movie would be if they were able to take it directly from my thoughts.

Awful and retarded

Posted by The Judge

:mad:

Posted by Crazy K

Silent Hill comes to theaters 4.21.2006 I can't wate any longer.