Sonic Advance 3

Posted by Arczu

Ever since I got this game back in... when was it... September, I actually liked it. Yes, it sucks that Sonic's infamous Air-dash is gone (which was half the fun in the Adance game since it kept you in boost mode). But from start to end, iit wasn't dull for me.

You select two characters this time. A lot of people don't like this, mainly because your partner affects your main character's abilities. But each one has their use when applied correctly.

The stages this time were big. You will be lucky to get through a stage in under a minute! But the thing that I didn't like was the mothod you obtain chaos emeralds. Find 10 chao in the zone, then grab a special key, THEN find special spring. Finding the chao was a pain in the arse because there were some pretty sneaky spaces they were put in.

I still come back to this game because the mechanics were changed around this time. Many of the changes were good, but some were terrible. You can't get through many of the stages using boost mode because of the many stops they put you through make you do something slow. But when you learn a stage, it's good fun.

I expect negativity, but has anyone played through this game, and maybe have something to say about it?

Posted by Seres Aran

I do!!!! Oh yes, I very much do. Sonic Advance 3 was by far the best Sonic Advance game. I like the double character thingy. I always chose Tails and Amy. And if times got dire, I broke out the big guns... Cream and Tails o.O! Anyways, I liked the levels. Ocean Base wasn't that good, but I enjoyed levels like Route 99 and Chaos Angel. The multiplayer was cool too. It had a few flaws, however. One character could be ahead of the other, or different things would be going on it both screens (even if they were in the same spot). Other than that (and the bountiful amount of sprites), the game was enjoyable. Not too sure about replay value... I play it here and there...

Posted by Arczu

*Notices lack of interest*

Ocean Palace is a bit hell-ish to figure out, but the music there was nice.

I really want to try the multiplayer aspect, but likewise, who do I know with the game!? I've seen screenshots of 4 characters on the same screen, so it must be interesting.

Posted by Zeta

It's better than Advance 2, but they both suck due to the methods you need to use to get Chaos Emeralds. I couldn't get an Emerald in either of these games to save my life. And FAQs are pretty useless, considering the multiple route nature of the levels. The lack of a Tiny Chao Garden kind of hurts it, too.

I'd say my favorite part of this game was Sunset Hill, Act 2. I loved that fast-paced remix of Green Hill.

Posted by Seres Aran

Quoting Zeta: It's better than Advance 2, but they both suck due to the methods you need to use to get Chaos Emeralds. I couldn't get an Emerald in either of these games to save my life. And FAQs are pretty useless, considering the multiple route nature of the levels. The lack of a Tiny Chao Garden kind of hurts it, too.

I'd say my favorite part of this game was Sunset Hill, Act 2. I loved that fast-paced remix of Green Hill.

Yeah, I agree. I was only able to obtain ONE Chaos Emerald... and I'm still working on my second. I just think that Sonic Team needs to put more effort into their advance series.

Posted by Arczu

The chaos emeralds seem to get HARDER to get as the advance series progresses... which usually insn't a good thing. (In advance two, you have to collect the 7 emerals FOR EACH CHARACTER to finish the game completely... which is... yeah...

You have to be a persistant bastard in order to get them all. They should get back to when it was actually kinda fun to get the emeralds. It's a bonus stage, not a skillfest.

Posted by Zeta

They should go back to the 'Get the Blue Spheres' or 'Destroy the UFOs' ones. Best special stages EVER!

Advance special stages simply suck, with all the find the Chao/Rings BS. Advance 1 was fine, IMO.

Posted by Seres Aran

Quoting Zeta: They should go back to the 'Get the Blue Spheres' or 'Destroy the UFOs' ones. Best special stages EVER!

Advance special stages simply suck, with all the find the Chao/Rings BS. Advance 1 was fine, IMO.

I kinda' liked the special stages in Advance 3... you know, the whole plane thing... and the pretty graphics... hehehe.

Posted by Arczu

Oh it's pretty alright... pretty.

It's to bad that they did it so... awkwardly. Seriously, good luck getting the seventh one! Then when you fail, your character falls off the screen and "BAD!" appears in the centre... geez.

[quote=Zeta]They should go back to the 'Get the Blue Spheres' or 'Destroy the UFOs' ones. Best special stages EVER!Destroy the UFO was great! Awesome music, playable conditions... I WANTED to play those special stages. Except, in that game your were collecting "Time Stones", so I guess it's a bit different.

Putting the bad aside though, I have started to find fast ways through the stages. A lot of my better records are under a minute now. It's all about skipping the "stop" areas.

Posted by Alex_DX

[SIZE="6"][FONT="Fixedsys"]I have play the game my self first time it was a interasting game but when I foude that you have to colecte all the chaous to get the chaos emeralds I got real made but at the end I foud them all and got all the emeralds.[/FONT][/SIZE]