Seasonal Warmth

Posted by The Judge

I would like to be the first to wish everyone a great holiday season.

As we all know, Halloween, despite being the second most popular (and 1st most awesome) holiday, seems to be dieing. :( Tradition, people, tradition!

Regardless, I'll gripe in the preceeding month next year (next October).

For the time being, I would like to sincerely wish everyone a great Thanksgiving, December, Christmas, and New Years.

Most people don't really think about these holidays beyond the novelty of it. Fair enough, I don't personally care much about Thanksgiving beyond the 4 day weekend I get and the delicious meal with my extended family. I love turkey. However, during December I'm almost constantly happy. I don't know why. I think it's just the air of joy about everyone. I love the old Christmas traditions, even if most people don't do them anymore. I sing Christmas Carols in my free time, make Egg Nog, decorate the house, and all sorts of stuff. I buy all my friends gifts. December is the Christmas season, and even if you don't celebrate it because of Jesus, you can all appreciate the togetherness of the ones you love and the spirit of the season. Enjoy yourselves! Play in the snow if you have any. Hang up your stockings. Do it nice and old-fashioned.

And Happy Hanaka (Sp, I know I spelt it wrong) to all the Jewish Community here. I hope you have a great series of 8 nights.

Togetherness, people. For one month out of a year, celebrate peace, brotherly love, and kindness to its richest.

Happy Holidays!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Spoken truth.

There's something about the Holiday season that makes the gloomiest days feel wonderful. I don't know what it is... but there's just a constant buzz in the air that makes you feel happy. Even if Christmas is becoming less and less about traditions and more and more about shopping, I don't care. Like Judge, I still do all of the old stuff. Sing, decorate, sit with family and general try and take life more slowly.

It's unfortunate that some people can't take this time of the year to just enjoy themselves. For whatever reason they have. I pity them.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Vampiro: It's unfortunate that some people can't take this time of the year to just enjoy themselves. For whatever reason they have. I pity them.

I dont really feel left out, even though I tend to feel utter nuetrality towards the holidays. Its just another season to me, though one with far more annoyances than the others.

That being said, happy holidays.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

im starting to think this time of year is bad luck. so many bad things keep happening to me, and my buddies! i am looking forwerd to desember though.

happy holidays too evryeone too

Posted by Klarth

Even when I did live in the USA, I never really understood the concept of a "holiday season". Far as I'm concerned there's Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Eve, and then another year of mundane relative semi-strife. What baffles me even more is that people start wishing each other a merry Christmas in mid-October.

There's no such thing as "the holidays". It's called winter.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

The only reason Christmas makes me happy is because I get to visit my grandparents, auntie, uncle and cousin. My grandparents live four hours away, so myself, mother and sister go down to see them every christmas. My aunt, uncle and cousin live a couple hours away from them, and they come up to stay there, as well. I enjoy all of their company, and I don't see them often, so it's special.

Otherwise, I hate winter and being with my close family (ok, fine, my father then).

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Angelwing: Otherwise, I hate winter

Wait, they have something other than winter in Canada?

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Klarth: Even when I did live in the USA, I never really understood the concept of a "holiday season". Far as I'm concerned there's Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Eve, and then another year of mundane relative semi-strife. What baffles me even more is that people start wishing each other a merry Christmas in mid-October.

There's no such thing as "the holidays". It's called winter.

The "Holiday Season" is created by the atmosphere people create! In truth, no, there isn't anything special about December, but it's the joy that the season brings to everyone (over here at least) that makes it so special. It's living life with a bit of joy instead of the same old hum-drum downtrodden junk. It's taking life a bit less seriously and enjoying the chilly breeze under your coat, the leaves rustling on the ground, sitting around a fire with your family or watching a movie, a cup of warm chocolate milk, some egg nog, the mistletoe, the decorations, and the overall cheer! In short, it's not special unless you make it special, and I always make it special.

Posted by Ant

meh.

Posted by The Judge

**** you you piece of ****. Why don't you go **** yourself you ****ing loser? Why can't you be ****ing happy for once in your god ****ed life you stupid ****ing ***. ****! I hate people like you. God ****it!

****!

[/total moodswing]

Posted by Lord of Spam

To me, its just annoyingly cold.

Screw the holidays. :(

Posted by Dexter

I adore the holidays. The snow, the friends and family, the childhood memories, the decorations, the music, etc. Last year, I totally bestowed upon my house fantastic Christmas embellishments. I remember how dazzling and intense their radiance was when I lit them during those placate, cold December nights, mollifying or simply shifting my emotions to the state of the utmost jubilation. The luminosity of those embellishments certainly surpasses all prior holiday decorations.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting Lord of Spam: Wait, they have something other than winter in Canada?

...No. :(

Posted by Dark

Weather in San Diego is always sunny. Even during Christmas. :(

I really like Thanksgiving this year because I get a weeklong break. That's what I'm thankful for :)

Posted by Azusa

[quote=Lord of Spam]To me, its just annoyingly cold.

Screw the holidays. :(

D: Are you really my boyfriend? The holidays are great; what with the decorations and the parties and the presents and yule tide cheer and all that. You know, that whole togetherness and warmth thing the Judge mentioned. Scrooge.

Posted by Lord of Spam

i hate having to associate with my family, so all that stuff is moot for me. Its more like yelling and trying to think up excuses to get away, and trying to figure out how to use things against people.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting The Judge: The "Holiday Season" is created by the atmosphere people create! In truth, no, there isn't anything special about December, but it's the joy that the season brings to everyone (over here at least) that makes it so special. It's living life with a bit of joy instead of the same old hum-drum downtrodden junk. It's taking life a bit less seriously and enjoying the chilly breeze under your coat, the leaves rustling on the ground, sitting around a fire with your family or watching a movie, a cup of warm chocolate milk, some egg nog, the mistletoe, the decorations, and the overall cheer! In short, it's not special unless you make it special, and I always make it special.

Exactly what I wanted to say. Even though there's always a little stress about getting presents in our family, the wonderful atmosphere and the fact that we can stop squabbling at least for a few weeks and enjoy ourselves makes it more than worthwhile. I also love all the winter storms that come around our way this time of year... considering we rarely get anything but sun any other time of year, I always make the most of the huge, rumbling thunderstorms that come in the middle of the night. I also love the colder nights, and when the furnace in our house goes to work... there's something about the sound of it humming that is really, really comforting.

And, I swear, I'm going to try some eggnog. REALLY soon. Maybe even later tonight!

Edit:

[QUOTE=Dark]Weather in San Diego is always sunny. Even during Christmas. :(

Naaah. Remember how the last two winters have been? We've gotten a LOT of rain (considering it's US we're talking about!) in the past two winter seasons. Sure, it's not as much as most other places get, but it's definitely something. Besides, even those brisk, sunny winter days are nice. Although I still like rain better.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Winter is Florida's dry season, although it did rain here for like 5 minutes today.

Posted by Azusa

[quote][COLOR=#0010aa]i hate having to associate with my family, so all that stuff is moot for me. Its more like yelling and trying to think up excuses to get away, and trying to figure out how to use things against people.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS![/COLOR]

You're forgetting that you can always spend the holidays with my family.

Posted by Dark

[quote=Corrupt]Naaah. Remember how the last two winters have been? We've gotten a LOT of rain (considering it's US we're talking about!) in the past two winter seasons. Sure, it's not as much as most other places get, but it's definitely something. Besides, even those brisk, sunny winter days are nice. Although I still like rain better.

I guess... I always enjoy the occasional windy/cold weather we get though. It's pretty rare to have 50 degrees or less here.

Posted by s0ul

I enjoy the holidays, so long as I don't have to interact with family that doesn't like me and vice versa. Christmas and Thanksgiving with hardcore Christians is miserable, I'm very glad neither of my homes is (openly) religious.

'sides that, it's good for getting all emotional and confessing feelings like a drunk, which I like.

Posted by Slade

To me it's about choice- that's what decides how every day is to you, not just the holidays. Luckily most of my family decides to be completely revelling in the holiday spirit. In past years my parents would talk and joke and laugh with my aunts, uncles, and other older family members. I would always just sort of fend off those family members with short converstation and go back to hiding with my cousins. But I've spent more time with a couple relatives in particular, and they are way cooler than my parents, so I can't wait! This holiday is going to be wonderful.

Even better, I don't have that horrible feeling that I'm a selfish little brat, as there's hardly anything I have a want for this holiday. My birthday is two days before Christmas, so I'd always feel like I was hogging those three days(23-25), as I am also the baby of my family, and the baby of the family always has a longer Christmas list than anyone! But not this year!
the holiday spirit>halloween

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Winter is awesome.

I know, I'm wordy.

Quoting Dexter: I adore the holidays. The snow, the friends and family, the childhood memories, the decorations, the music, etc. Last year, I totally bestowed upon my house fantastic Christmas embellishments. I remember how dazzling and intense their radiance was when I lit them during those placate, cold December nights, mollifying or simply shifting my emotions to the state of the utmost jubilation. The luminosity of those embellishments certainly surpasses all prior holiday decorations.

I think I just raped Dictionary.com's bandwidth... :(

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Corrupt:
Naaah. Remember how the last two winters have been? We've gotten a LOT of rain (considering it's US we're talking about!) in the past two winter seasons. Sure, it's not as much as most other places get, but it's definitely something. Besides, even those brisk, sunny winter days are nice. Although I still like rain better.

I still support my "Santa Barbara is better than San Diego" motto, but yes, I love the winter days, they're wonderful.

As far as the holidays, yes please! A lack of school is upcoming, which means more time to spend with family, girlfriend (friends if you are pimpish, nothing like I), ect. Also a great time for the rain to come, my favorite weather

Posted by Xenos

San Francisco is better than San Diego or Santa Barbara.

Either way, it's still sunny in the Californian valleys for me. :( But it's really cold. ****ty combination. I perfer gray skies for a change of scenery.

Posted by Ant

Simi for the **** win.

Posted by s0ul

sd 4 lyyyyyyyyyyyyyfe

Posted by Lord of Spam

Musta been tough growing up on the hard streetz of SD, s0ul.

christmas dont come to the homeless homies

Posted by The Judge

December does though. I'm not talking about Xmas specifically. I'm talking about Holiday Cheer.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Cold weather kills hobos.

I hope you're happy now, you monsters.

Quoted post: Cold weather kills hobos.

It's true. Ottawa and Toronto gets a few frozen hobos every year.

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Xenos: San Francisco is better than San Diego

Agreed.

:(

Posted by Slade

I remember last Christmas some poor kid found a hobosicle under a bridge around here. And this is a very small town.

Man, holiday spirit can reach anyone, man... anyone... man, you just gotta let it....

Posted by Lord of Spam

Apparently it reaches the hobos a bit too much. :(

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Wicked Sushi: I think I just raped Dictionary.com's bandwidth... :(

Really? Because I understood all of that. =/

Posted by Pit

This year has sucked for me. It'll probably continue sucking. I don't like the Holiday season because everyone who's originally an ******* decides to be nice for a week or so. I'm only looking forward to my days off.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting Klarth: Really? Because I understood all of that. =/

Um, yeah, I'm foreign. I moved here, to the USA, around 2003. So obviously I don't know many big words. Yet.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Hungarian much?

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Is that a question or something? I don't get it.

Posted by The Judge

He means are you Hungarian.

Posted by Dark

[quote=Corrupt]Agreed.

:(

I've been to San Francisco once, for a day. I don't remember it because I was pretty small. :p

I would have never guessed Sushi was from another country.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Vampiro: I would have never guessed Sushi was from another country.

Me neither. I'm doubting the Hungarian-ness also... Sushi? JAPAN!

Posted by Azusa

He's gotten a lot better with English since I've met him. Hungarian sounds wierd as hell, though. Listening to him talk to his family sounds like a series of random half-wookie half-klingon clicking noises.

Posted by Slade

Oh. So he is Hungarian. My bad.

Quoted post: Hungarian sounds wierd as hell, though. Listening to him talk to his family sounds like a series of random half-wookie half-klingon clicking noises.

Indeed. My friend moved from there in grade two or so. We still get him to speak it every now and then just because of the way it sounds. Though, it doesn't sound as odd when a woman speaks it.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Azusa]He's gotten a lot better with English since I've met him. Hungarian sounds wierd as hell, though. Listening to him talk to his family sounds like a series of random half-wookie half-klingon clicking noises.

ASSHOLE. COKE THROUGH MY NOSE. URGH.