The Old Nick

Posted by The Ripley

Ok, how many of you agree that Nickelodeon has changed completely? These new shows are rediculous. Like the ones trying to show what middle school life is like. 1. The acters suck. 2. They think that the shows are vaguely relistic. 3. Middle Schoolers shouldnt be worried about sex at that age.
They mock middle school in a bad way. Its not like any middle school I went to. Its all Nick Cannons fault, that (shouldnt say the word). Now, I'll give credit to the female actors in those shows, that they are beuatiful young ladies for their age, and need to spend their time modeling.

And also, U pick live is retarded. Why cant we just enjoy the shows, without seeing a bunch of retards act stupid while they pick them. Wheres the old Nick?

Posted by Zeta

Nick started to suck after they got rid of shows like Ahh! Real Monsters and Rocko's Modern Life.

Posted by s0ul

First person to tell me what that show is where some kid had a talent and that fat chick and her All That friends guessed what it was gets major head. Seriously.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting s0ul: First person to tell me what that show is where some kid had a talent and that fat chick and her All That friends guessed what it was gets major head. Seriously.

Figure It Out, methinks it was called.

Posted by s0ul

Unzip.

(thanks :) )

Posted by The Ripley

The new shows are gay.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

Quoting Zeta: Nick started to suck after they got rid of shows like Ahh! Real Monsters and Rocko's Modern Life.

True.

Posted by Non-ExistentOne

Invader Zim, as much as some like to deny it, was Nick's last lifeline and they failed Johen miserably.

You see, the problem is the way society changes. We grow up with certain shows and they grow with us, but when we reach a certain age, society says we don't watch 'children's shows' anymore, so Nick goes with that and changes their lineup every couple years, always keeping what they think will do best, and getting rid of bad-ratings shows, or shows that will give them bad rep (Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, Invader Zim, etc) with parents.

Right now, the most popular thing is black culture; hip-hop, rap, that kind of stuff. I hate the abomination they dare call music, but what can I say? Disney has fallen to the dark side as well, but it's merely a phase, this period of ghetto-fabulous will fall away into the shadows and a new period will take over.

Ah well, just have to roll with the punches, right?

Posted by The Ripley

Preech it brother.

Posted by Azusa

[quote]Invader Zim, as much as some like to deny it, was Nick's last lifeline and they failed Johen miserably.

It's Jhonen. And it was his fault that the show was cancelled, which he admitted to.

[quote=The Ripley]Ok, how many of you agree that Nickelodeon has changed completely? These new shows are rediculous. Like the ones trying to show what middle school life is like. 1. The acters suck. 2. They think that the shows are vaguely relistic. 3. Middle Schoolers shouldnt be worried about sex at that age.
They mock middle school in a bad way. Its not like any middle school I went to. Its all Nick Cannons fault, that (shouldnt say the word). Now, I'll give credit to the female actors in those shows, that they are beuatiful young ladies for their age, and need to spend their time modeling.

I have a hard time believing you ever left middle school. But I agree, the last show I remember watching regularly from that station was Ren and Stimpy. From what I've seen of it now, it seems to have gone downhill.

Posted by Zeta

Oh man, I completely forgot about Invader Zim. That truly was the last great show on Nickelodeon. Now all they have is shit like Danny Phantom and My Life as a Teenage Robot.

Fairly Oddparents is kind of okay, but... meh.

Zim: Oh, that? I quit after I found out about this.
Tallest: ...You quit being banished?

Posted by Crazy K

Nickelodean just plain and simply sucks at the moment. To many crappy shows are out there with horribly bad actors. I loed Rockos modern live, and Ahh! Real Monsters. I also used to enjoy the Rugrats, but All grown up aint worth a watch. I dont watch cartoons anymore actually, I used to remember coming home and watching Nickelodean during my times in 6th grade.

The only time I watch cartoons now is if my Neice is over. I do sometimes watch Fairly Odd Parents, witch is in fact Nick's only good show at the moment, oh and Jimmy Neutron. Its weird My neice was over one night and she was watching Jimmy Neutron, and I actually laughed, both me and my brother. But I dont watch Cartoon Network, or Nick constantly, only will I feel the urge to watch cartoons.

Posted by Dark

I remember watching that one show with those two beavers.. but I completely forgot the name.

Posted by Crazy K

Angry Beavers... ;)

Posted by s0ul

Invader Zim? **** that, that was way after Nick started to suck. The very second Spongebob came about, Nick died in my heart. Travesty.

Posted by Crazy K

I hate Sponge Bob. I would remember girls saying "Sponge Bob is cool" and I just thought for a second, and said "Why?" to myself.

Posted by Zeta

SponeBob's laugh makes me want to strangle people.

Ya hear that Jack? Video games aren't the cause of violence, ****ty shows are!

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Anyone else old enough to remember Double Dare and Salute your Shorts? Good stuff, all around.

Ahhh! Real Monsters! and Rocko were good shows too.

OOOH AND DOUG

I freaking loved Doug. I watched it literally every freaking day.

Posted by Non-ExistentOne

Quoting Azusa: It's Jhonen. And it was his fault that the show was cancelled, which he admitted to.

Of course it was his fault. But it's just because Invader Zim got too dark and violent, etcetera, and he couldn't continue making it because he wanted to do things his way. His fault for selling it to a crappy place.

Quoting Fei-on: Anyone else old enough to remember Double Dare and Salute your Shorts? Good stuff, all around.

Ahhh! Real Monsters! and Rocko were good shows too.

OOOH AND DOUG

I freaking loved Doug. I watched it literally every freaking day.

I really miss Doug, I watched every episode, and I even saw the second series. Then, I went and saw the movie, it made me cry, but I was in like fourth grade, but still.

What about Nick Arcade? Or whatever it was called. Where it was a game show and they were shown to be on like a video game screen or something.

Pete and Pete anyone?

Posted by Mystic Hero

I myself have stopped watching Nick all together. Plagued with new stupid shows it has become a channel filled with garbage to watch. When they got rid of the old school shows I so used to love to watch I decided that I would just not nother watching Nick anymore. What really got me was when they took Kenin and Kell off. That was one of my favorites. Nick simply isn't what it used to be. It is becoming more and more of a teen sope chanel than anything. It sadens me to see what has happened to the station we so used to love watching.

Posted by The Ripley

Slime Time Live was one of the worst ideas of'em all.