Game to buy?

Posted by loony636

I'm looking to upgrade my collection of gamecube games, but I don't know where to begin. All I have at the moment is Soul Calibur 2, Timesplitters 2 and SSBM. I was thinking of buying Nightfire and Everything or Nothing, plus a Mario Party (though I have no idea which one). So could some of you give me some suggestions into what to buy? And into which Mario Party to buy?

Posted by Non-ExistentOne

First off, if you like the Legend of Zelda games, pop yourself into an eB or GameStop, or anyplace that sells used video games and find yourself 'The Ocarina of Time: Master Quest'. Definately worth getting.

I also suggest, if you like Mario games, buying 'Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door', very fun and addictive game. I haven't stopped playing it since I got it (and that was before the summer started, so I've beaten it a few times by now).

Hmmm...sell Timesplitters 2 and get 'Future Perfect', because as good as the second one was, Future Perfect just blows the first ones out of the water. Comedy, action, a helluvalot of multi-player characters and an improved Map-Maker. Not to mention how fun it is to beat the game in Co-op Mode with a friend.

That's all I have to suggest for now.

Posted by loony636

Thanks for those suggestions. I intended to buy Timesplitters: Future Perfect, but it hasn't come out in Australia yet.

Posted by GameMiestro

Hmm. Try Starcraft Ghost, if it ever comes out...

Also, Fire Emblem: Path to Radiance and Burnout 2 are very fun games.

Posted by Ant

Fire Emblem doesn't come out till the 17th...as far I knew anyways.

In any case, all those games mentioned above are good. F-Zero is a very good futureistic racer if you like those type of games.

As for which Marioparty, I'd day none of them personally :/

Posted by GameMiestro

F-Zero GX will crush you if you havent played other ones first...

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Super Mario Sunshine
Pikmin 2
Paper Mario: Thousand Year Old Door
F-Zero GX
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition
Metal Gear: Twin Snakes
Super Smash Brothers. Melee
Viewtiful Joe
Viewtiful Joe 2
Resident Evil 4
Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2

etc.

Quoting GameMiestro: F-Zero GX will crush you if you havent played other ones first...

This is a lie. F-Zero GX is easier than F-Zero X, because the AI doesn't cheat.

Posted by inequity

I would have to say...eternal darkness, starfox dinosaur planet, mario golf and sonic heroes.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, Animal Crossing (although that gets boring faster than AWL), Sonic Mega Collection, Zelda: Wind Waker, and Zelda: Collector's Edition are the only worthwhile ones that come to mind.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

If its out in there or hasn't been banned. Resident Evil 4.

Posted by D.J Cat

For a one player games that wil keep you busy and highly entertained for a while get Zelda: The Wind Waker or Metroid Prime.
If you beat and like Metroid Prime, advance to Metroid Prime 2.

Super Mario Sunshine is another really good one player game and if you like that follow it up with Paper Mario (although it is a bit of a different experience).

Posted by Drewboy64

Zelda: Wind Waker, mario Sunshine (beautiful game), Battallion wars perhaps. Metroid Prime. Jungle Beat. Then wait for Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Posted by Last Fog

The only exclusives that I like that I can think of right now are super mario sunshine, jungle beat, resident evil, resident evil 0, and I suppose master quest, but it's basically a port of the japanese version of ocarina, only worth it if you can get it cheap

Posted by Burrito

Mario Kart: Double Dash is a great game, especially for multiplayer. You might want to get that instead of Mario Party.

Posted by Kal

I'd Say 007 nighfire, and go with legend of zelda: windwaker, both are excellent games.

Posted by Random

I recently purchased a GCN for myself. Picked up the Pokemon Gamecube, then I sold Pokemon XD to get Trade in Value.. I looked at the Game selection and I had a hard time finding something I really wanted. I only have $35 so games like PaperMario or MarioKart DD were too expensive for me to purchase. Though those are games I want to get.

What do you suggest? I didn't like Windwaker, Metroid Prime 1 or 2, Tales of Symphonia or Resi 4. I owned a GCN before so thats how I had those games. Any suggestions? It doesn't have to be under $35, I get paid this week.

Games I thought of:
Paper Mario
Mario Kart
Zelda OOT Masterquest
Fire Emblem

and beyond that I haven't found anything or can remember anything that really makes me want to purchase. Infact if it wasn't for Zelda Twilight Princess coming out in a few months, I'd probably beat myself over the face for buying the GCN. Give me some games I want, so I get some fun out of it.

Posted by Eludiac

what kinda games do u like? i cant beleiev u didnt like RE4.

Posted by Random

Yeah I didn't play too much of RE 4. Actually the graphics sort of made me sick. The Camera angle and the gloomy colors kinda made me want to throw up. It wasn't that it was a bad game, I really have no clue.

I prefer RPG's, with Battle Systems set up like Final Fantasy VII or Tactics, or even Breath of Fire. Those sorts.. Not Crystal Chronicals...

I'm actually thinking now, instead of getting a game, to get the Game Boy player for the Cube and play some Gameboy games on it.

Posted by The Ripley

I cant help you man, sorry, but it would be nice for me if people would tell me some Xbox, GBA, and DS games. Geezums.

Posted by Luigi182

Alot of people have made great suggestions for GCN games and I agree with them.

As for the Mario Party Question, I'd suggest getting Mario Party 6. It has a much more improved multi-player and has a more balanced randomizer in the capsule system. The included mic provides for new mini-games which are quite fun and add some freshness to the game on the whole. But remember, this game is best played when you have at least 1-3 others to play along with you. Enjoy!

Posted by Random

What? Nobody made a decent selection for me..

Mario party is being over used.. Mario party 7 coming out.. Please.. -_-'

SUGGESTIONS PEOPLE!?

Posted by loony636

The Mario games are very similar, it doesn't really matter which one you get. But I'd stick with Mario Party 5, I got it for $AU50 from a store. The others would be more (yes, even Mario Party 4, because that's now a rarity).

I would stay away from the Splinter Cells, they were cut down for the Gamecube.

Paper Mario: Thousand Year door is good, and Viewtiful Joe is teh cool (apparently the first is better than the second).

Prince of Persia is a good fighting game if you like that type of game. The first one I picked up off ebay for $AU25.

James Bond: Nightfire or Everything or Nothing (Nightfire is better for multiplayer, whereas Everything or Nothing's single player is awesome).

I hope that's a help :).

Posted by Random

Eh it doesn't matter. I've planned to sell my Gamecube and games to purchase an Xbox 360 game or two. Depending on how much I can get out of it.

There were a couple GC games I wanted to play like Paper Mario, but the system sits and gets dusty. I tried to replay Metroid Prime becuase it was only $8, but I didn't get into it like before.

Posted by loony636

What games do you have, and would you consider selling them?

Posted by Random

I have Metroid Prime, NCAA 2005, and Zelda OOT Masterquest. But my friend gets the dibs on the masterquest. I'm selling the Cube and the controller and memory with it as well. I had MGS Twin Snakes. I just recently purchased the gamecube and realized the mistake i had made.

Posted by Ant

Well, since you are selling it, this is kidna pointless.

But if you were to change your mind. Buy Fzero, Mariogolf, Resident Evil 4, Sonic Mega Collection, Tales of Symphonia, and Viewtiful Joe. I know some of those were ported over to the PS2, but they were made for the GC and play better on the GC.

Your loss ;)

Posted by loony636

This is still a general Gamecube game 'What to buy?' discussion thread. I'm still looking for games, and it was me who started the thread, so its not pointless at all.

Posted by Sword of Light

I STRONGLY SUGGEST LEGEND OF ZELDA GAMES !!! but from whut u have said it sounds like ur not really thut type but try one at least. in the mario party decision i can not help much i've only plyed party 3,4,7,.