Snake Pliskin

Posted by Drewboy64

Has anyone seen Snake Pliskin's escape from New York and Escape from LA? They are fairly B-movies, but they are really good, and they're also the movies that Metal Gear is based off of.

Posted by boomstick

No, Metal Gear isn't based off them, Solid Snake is based off Snake Pliskin, there are definately some simialrities here and there in the storylines, like FOXDIE, but I wouldn't go as far as to say the whole game is based off Escape From New York and LA.

Anyway, yeah, I really enjoyed the movies myself, Kurt Russel did a great job on that character.

Posted by Random

Err wasn't the old NES Games with Solid Snake have a character called Snake Plisken? I swore I saw it somewhere. Though now I have no NES or any of the older games. But I thought he was a character in the old old games. Not the Metal Gear Games.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Err wasn't the old NES Games with Solid Snake have a character called Snake Plisken? I swore I saw it somewhere. Though now I have no NES or any of the older games. But I thought he was a character in the old old games. Not the Metal Gear Games.

Snake Pliskin was the name Solid Snake used in MGS2 so Raiden wouldn't know who he was, it was meant as a kinda of easter egg to the fact Snake is based off Pliskin.

I'm not sure if he's mentioned in the older Metal Gear's or not...

Posted by Random

I swore in the old Metal Gear games they mentioned the name Snake Plisken. If the Revolution has those games to download then I guess i'll find out. Doubt this thread will be anywhere near the 1st page and I doubt i'll remember around that time. But who knows.. Maybe i'll google search it later.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom: I swore in the old Metal Gear games they mentioned the name Snake Plisken. If the Revolution has those games to download then I guess i'll find out. Doubt this thread will be anywhere near the 1st page and I doubt i'll remember around that time. But who knows.. Maybe i'll google search it later.

They probably did as an Easter Egg type thing like MGS2

Posted by Supermario

I don't know too much about this, but I do remeber watching a little bit of that movie Escape from New York on TV. I think you are right his name iz snake pliskin in the movie. I think Metal Gear Solid 2, used the name Plisken in the game, and they could of got it from that movie.:D

Posted by Random

in anycase.. it was a very good movie.. well actually there was more than 1 movie. Good Movies..

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting boomstick: Snake Pliskin was the name Solid Snake used in MGS2 so Raiden wouldn't know who he was, it was meant as a kinda of easter egg to the fact Snake is based off Pliskin.

I'm not sure if he's mentioned in the older Metal Gear's or not...

That's frucking awesome! And yes, these movies are great. Snake, solid or pliskin, is such a badass.