Halo Novels

Posted by boomstick

Okay, are the Halo books based on the game or are the games based on the books?

All I can find is novels based on the game, but I've heard they're are some older novels which the game story is based.

Posted by higbvuyb

All novels are based on the game, and have come out after the game.
You mean, First Strike, The Flood, and Fall of Reach, right?

Posted by veritas

I didn't know they had a book based on the game.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: but I've heard they're are some older novels which the game story is based.

Never heard of it. The only ones I've seen are the ones Hig mentioned. But those suck.

Posted by Big Boss

I was going to read them, but then I thought, "Hey, I don't care about Halo's crappy story." So I didn't. However, people who've read the trilogy say it's a good read, with more detailed explanations of the happenings in the game, as well as insight on how some of the things in the game work (like the overshield).

Either way, I suggest reading the Resident Evil novels instead. They're a lot, and they're good if you like the series.

Posted by Drewboy64

game's based on the books.
Edit: wait, I meant books based on the games. asdf?

Posted by boomstick

Quoting higbvuyb]You mean, First Strike, The Flood, and Fall of Reach, right?

Well, that's all I knew of, but I've been told that they are in fact some older ones which was the base for Halo and Halo 2's story.

Quoting Big Boss:

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Vampiro: I should hope so.

Well, that isn't always the case with printed media. I was expecting a lot more content in the Metal Gear Solid comic book series, but thus far it has failed to deliver. It's too afraid to go to places the game didn't explore, and ****it, Ashley Wood's artwork is extremely distorted to tell anything apart. It's like, "Oh, look, that thing that kinda has arms and legs looks like it could possibly be Snake if I was reading the book while high on weed, and I've never been high on anything. Oh, is that Metal Gear or a giant bear!?"

SEE? Now I'm angry! They better make it up in the Sons of Liberty series, you hear!? YOU HEAR ME IDW!?