Resident Evil 4 on PS2

Posted by boomstick

Well, just a brief overlook on RE4 on PS2, it looks good, much better then I expected, really, I mean when you compare it to the GCN version you can tell the graphical differences, but overall still looks real nice even on PS2.

The only complaints I really had was controller, but I was really use to useing the GCN controller, so they felt pretty off to me, but after awhile I it didn't bother me all that much, but still I knew the difference.

And all the extra stuff in this version, you have to beat the game, so if you already have the GCN version, I really wouldn't recommend getting it, just not enough extras for the price tag.

Overall, really good port, I think and if you don't have a GCN, then definately for this, great game.

Posted by Fate

I'm going to get it for all of the extras. <3

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Fate: I'm going to get it for all of the extras. <3

Not all that many, really, few extra costumes, I think 2 new weapons and a new little bonus mission with Ada, that's about it.

Posted by veritas

Iv'e been waiting for this game to come out for ps2 for a long time now.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, i was surprised with how well it looked. Minus the fact that the textures aren't as great and the colours aren't as vibrant, it still looks wonderful. I haven't had a chance to play it, so I can't comment on the controls or anything. But from what my friend showed me, it looks like a great port.

Posted by BEZ1

I need this game! Can I borrow 40 bucks from anyone?

Posted by veritas

Sorry man. Can't help you there.

Posted by Alan

i though resi outbreak was great, but resident evil 4 is awesome

Posted by Big Boss

It's been getting extremely high reviews, so I'm glad all worries on the port sucking are put to rest.

I won't get it, though... 'cause I kinda have to play through the GCN version first.

Posted by Foxworthy12

I can safely say it was much better then the rest.
I didnt expect how good of game play it was. It wasnt as good as the gamecube version though. The PS2 version was amazing and i would reccomend it for a shoot-em-up kinda game.

Posted by Colonel

GNC version is great but it doesn't have extra's? WHAT! it has some but not as much, but don't under look Nintendo. By the way way what extra's does it have?

Posted by GameMiestro

Didn't the director of Resident Evil say he would cut his head off if a game in the series came out on a non-Nintendo console?

Posted by Ada Wong

very good capcom maked personages. Leon very Kawaii, Ada very sexy...;)

game in the series came out on a non-Nintendo console?-> New RE has been RE wii for nintendo wii. And for DS Capcom make RE... Remake like....O_o

Posted by Domino

WTF, the last post in this thread was way back in January. Topic=old

Posted by XxLionheartXx

resident evil 4 sucked on the ps2, the controls werent that great, the graphics, and ughhh i just didnt like it on the ps2, just get it on the gamecube

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: the graphics,

... were pretty much the exact same.

Posted by Noir

I dont have a PS2, but after the PS2 version on a friend's (for about 30 min), I still couldnt get used to the unreactive controll-stick thing.
I didnt really care about the game itself, since I had beaten it before on GC, I just wanted
1) Extra costumes (Leon's gangster one turns me ON. Ashley needs lessons on how to dress herself. But at least she's matching in the armour.)
2) Separate ways. Assignment Ada was awful.

Posted by boomstick

Someone derepped me for this thread...wow, *** forbid the PS2 version be compared to the GCN, heh.