Help with Apache Server

Posted by Proto Man

Ok, so I got apache server 2.0 set up succesfully on my windows XP computer. What I want to know now is how the heck do I get my self visible on the web?

Posted by NegativeTrend

Visible on the web as in able to have your site accessed or be put on search engines?

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting NegativeTrend: Visible on the web as in able to have your site accessed or be put on search engines?

To be accessed.

Posted by NegativeTrend

Is the service started and all the settings correct? If so, then try visiting your IP address in your browser.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting NegativeTrend: Is the service started and all the settings correct? If so, then try visiting your IP address in your browser.

See. that's the problem, which IP? Because when I type in that computer's IP, the site I have in the root it will show up on my laptop here, but I think that's just because it's on the same network. If I were to type that IP on a different computer outside of this network, I get a "Page cannot be displayed". The IP that I get from [url]www.whatismyip.com[/url] brings up a window that needs a password, meaning it's to get into the router settings. This is why I am so confused...

Posted by NegativeTrend

Either way, if NAT is activated and only one of your machines has a server installed, it should be the IP it says at [url]www.ipchicken.com[/url].