A 2nd Link in Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Posted by gamer_net

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8612148302964393316&q=zelda

Heres a vid I found from google featuring 2 links in ocarina of time, enjoy!

Posted by Alastor

That's pretty neat, I think. I might try that if I had a Gameshark.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Would it be gay if they had sex with each other?

Posted by Klarth

Been there, done that. :) Still cool to see other people doing it, though.

And yay, google video works at school now! **** yeah.

Posted by Angerion the Brave

Looks neat but, who cares, it's game shark. It's only cool and worthy of boasting if it involves skill.

Now the bottle glitch, fishing rod glitch or the Rupee bug glitch, those are cool.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Angerion the Brave]Looks neat but, who cares, it's game shark. It's only cool and worthy of boasting if it involves skill.
I think you'll find there's an IMMENSE amount of skill and background knowledge involved in editing threads, processes and hex addresses, sir.

Posted by Drewboy64

Man, a co-op Zelda would be awesome...
That was a cool vid.

Posted by Sauron

Quoting Drewboy64: Man, a co-op Zelda would be awesome...
That was a cool vid.

Haha, me and my sis used to play OoT on the gamecube and 64 at the same time, TVs side-by-side and we would often look at the others screen to find ourselves. We would get caught up in the game and think we were LANing :P

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Drewboy64]Man, a co-op Zelda would be awesome...
I take it you never played Four Swords, then?

Posted by Xero

Quoting gamer_net: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8612148302964393316&q=zelda

Heres a vid I found from google featuring 2 links in ocarina of time, enjoy!

Wow thats funny. Wish that would be real! Could bring him to a boss and we'd nuke the hell outta it both of us :P

Quoting Klarth: I think you'll find there's an IMMENSE amount of skill and background knowledge involved in editing threads, processes and hex addresses, sir.

The things done when one USES a shark doesn't involve skill. Anyone can do it if they know the code, you don't make up the glitches and hacks.

However, it's not a test of skill to punch in a code and play with a glitch. Yes it's cool and it's fun, all I'm saying is that you shouldn't get respect for GameShark cheating.

I know no one is bragging or boasting about anything with this, the topic of GameShark game up so I voiced to opinion on it.

Posted by Klarth

...It's a ****ing VIDEO GAME. There's no honour gained by playing it with cheats or without, and I honestly don't get the point of getting the glitch to work without a gameshark if it can be executed much more easily whilst using it. The real challenge is in playing the game as it's meant to be played.

[quote]you don't make up the glitches and hacks.
I've created a few myself. Someone has to.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Klarth: ...It's a ****ing VIDEO GAME. There's no honour gained by playing it with cheats or without,

I dint even know you could use cheats in zelda OoT...

Anyways, I agree with you. You cant really be proud of beating agame if you cheated...

Posted by Klarth

You're. Missing. The. Point. THERE'S NO REASON YOU SHOULD FEEL PRIDE BECAUSE OF A VIDEO GAME.

Posted by Xero

sry I misread this :(

Your right about this too

Quoted post: I dint even know you could use cheats in zelda OoT...

You can use cheats in every video game.

Posted by Xero

But where can you insert them in OoT? I dint see any spaces for cheats...

Using cheat devices.

Cheats aren't always button combinations.

Posted by Xero

I dint know that. Thanx.

Anyways, I dont use cheats in any games. I just dont see the point...

Quoted post: Anyways, I dont use cheats in any games. I just dont see the point...

Replayability would be just about the only reason I use them. Though you can use them to unlock features you'd otherwise never see, make the game easier, more difficult, et cetera.

Posted by Xero

Yes, but I usually get enough of completing the game once. Usually, I prefere investing my time on another game then re-doing it with cheats...My opinion...

So Klarth, I guess you're the kind of person who see's no problem with athletes using drugs to win? Or any other form of cheating for fame at any other game?

But, you're right though, they are games, and I never denied that. Like any other game, some people play them for recreation and can be perfectly contented to cheat to make it more enjoyable. But those people also forfiet the right to brag if their success in beating the game came from cheating, no matter kind of game it is. You can brag about doing cool things while cheats are on like blowing the snot out of the city in GTA with a tank, or killing 500 enemies with a Rocket Launcher Golden PP7 combo in GoldenEye ect, you just can't say "Hey, I beat the game!" When it was because you cheated.

I play games to test my abilities as a thinker and a gamer. I like to earn my right to "Hey, I got here by doing this. It took this long to get here and this many tries to do it, but I did it on my own and by the rules." There can be a matter of pride in anything, just because it's not your area of pride doesn't make it less real for other people and vice versa.

I'm making strides to get into the industry and I know when my games get out there, I'd like them to be played and beaten respectibly most of the time. If everyone played by glitches and cheating all the time, I feel that would be an insult to the people who set out with a vision to make a game a certain way.

Quoting Flame ghost: [color=white]Yes, but I usually get enough of completing the game once. Usually, I prefere investing my time on another game then re-doing it with cheats...My opinion...

Nothing wrong with that at all, I do that with some games too (GoldenEye, Perfect Dark ect). But you already beat it, cheating is your reward in that case.[/color]

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Angerion The Brave]So Klarth, I guess you're the kind of person who see's no problem with athletes using drugs to win? Or any other form of cheating for fame at any other game?
You're drawing a comparison between a simple video game and a major sporting event.

...Holy. ****ing. Jesus.

[quote]some people play them for recreation
Some people? ALL PEOPLE, sir. I don't know a single person who's forced to sit in front of their PS2 night and day against their will.

[quote]You can brag about doing cool things while cheats are on
No, you can't, because nobody gives a toss. How the hell can you brag about a video game save being the one who developed the thing? You can't.

[quote]There can be a matter of pride in anything, just because it's not your area of pride doesn't make it less real for other people and vice versa.
I have pride in having the most toe-fluff stored inside an old apple juice carton. There was little skill and little thinking involved in achieving this. There is also little skill and little thinking involved in achieving a task in a video game that thousands of people around the world have already beaten you at. It's predetermined by the game's creators and you're completely on-rails. I honestly don't see where the pride or the glory is in that.

[quote]I'm making strides to get into the industry and I know when my games get out there, I'd like them to be played and beaten respectibly most of the time. If everyone played by glitches and cheating all the time, I feel that would be an insult to the people who set out with a vision to make a game a certain way.
huh. Sorry, sir, but there's nothing you can do about that. Hackers always have been and always will be at large, so let them have what they want. There's no reason you should feel insulted by means of people having fun with something you've helped create.

You're awfully defencive and foul mouthed over such a innocent debate Mr. Klarth?

Well, obviously the ultimate point of all of this is beyond your comprehension and you obviously have no will or want to make it within your comprehension so I'll just leave you to yourself.

But we've dragged this off topic long enough, let us continue with commentary for the video.

Posted by Klarth

[quote]You're awfully defencive and foul mouthed over such a innocent debate Mr. Klarth?
Sorry, I'll refrain from dropping asterisks in the future. Fuckwart.

[quote]Well, obviously the ultimate point of all of this is beyond your comprehension and you obviously have no will or want to make it within your comprehension so I'll just leave you to yourself.
You've made no effort to explain "the ultimate point". Do indulge me!

Klarth won this debate.

No questions asked.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Angerion the Brave:
Nothing wrong with that at all, I do that with some games too (GoldenEye, Perfect Dark ect). But you already beat it, cheating is your reward in that case.

Yes, its a reward...

I dont really know who won the debate...nor do I want to know really. I read klarth and angerion's posts and they both got good points.

Posted by Klarth

That was entirely accurate apart from the bit where you said he made good points.

Quoted post: Klarth won this debate.

No questions asked.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Klarth: That was entirely accurate apart from the bit where you said he made good points.

eh?