censored?

Posted by Nightscare

im just wondering, but why do we have to censor words? i read somewhere that the government can't censor anything on the web.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Nightscare: i read somewhere that the government can't censor anything on the web.

The government can't, but Jesse Smith can. :p

Seriously though, if the administrator wants to censor words (ie. bad words, whatever words he wants) he can because it's his board. At one time God was censored, but I guess that was taken off because of the upgrade to VB 3.5. Now I believe we are using the default censor, unless I am mistaken.

Posted by Dexter

I remember a very long time ago when censoring words was unnecessarily because the super mods made sure no one got away with heavy, futile profanity. I don't remember profanity being much of a problem in my early years.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Well, the censors are easily bypassed, but you don't need me to tell you about that, I'm sure.

Jesse Smith personally chooses to censor certain words for a number of reasons, none of which make any sense.

Posted by Nightscare

ok, just wonderin. how do you avoid censors by the way?

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Quoting Nightscare: ok, just wonderin. how do you avoid censors by the way?

ancient Chinese secret

Posted by Poison

Quoting Linkman: ancient Chinese secret

Oh boy, I know this one :)

Posted by Hyper

KUNG FU CUSSING

DO DEE DEE DO DEE DO DEE DEE DEE

Posted by Fei-on Castor

[SIZE=5]IF YOU'RE LoS, YOU JUST SAY "FCUK"[/SIZE]

Posted by Arczu

Needless to say, I wouldn't worry about it. Hardly is there a legit case where you need to curse, but curse the censors too much can be trouble. Jessie apparently doesn't like it when people dodge them a lot.

Or something like that...

Posted by Fate

I don't dodge censors. You guys get the jist of what I'm sayin'. Just sayin'. :cool:

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Nightscare: i read somewhere that the government can't censor anything on the web.

When you start **** paying me ***** taxes, then **** you can get around the ****** censor. :D:D:D:D:D Oh ****, there censored!!! WHO CENSORED THEM??!!! :mad:

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Dam

Except, that's a completely different word.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

As is G-zero-d. In fact, I doubt that particular one is a word at all, in any estimation.

Posted by GameMiestro

If you wait long enough, the censor might go away. Just mabey.

Posted by Killer Jordo

[center][/center]

Posted by Fate

Dodging censors takes up an unnecessary amount of time. People know what you're saying if you leave the asterisks and use them sparingly.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Fate makes a good point.

Posted by Moogs

God is cool
Jesus is awesome.