Next-Gen Panel Video

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/articles/661/661361/vids_1.html

21 minute video that discusses the upcoming consoles with a few developers. It's pretty interesting to hear their take on the next-gen (and to hear their biases), the pros and cons, predictions, and so forth. Thought it might strike someone's fancy.

Posted by Speedfreak

That man should not be running a games company.

Posted by Drewboy64

"Close your eyes and tell me how fun it is."
It's not fun because of the graphics, you dumbass, it's cause you CAN'T SEE THE GAME!

Oh, and 3v3yonezz noez that x0box 360'z controllarz is going to beat Revolutiznznz controllars in termz of first persan shootarz!

Posted by Axis

Quoting Drewboy64: "Close your eyes and tell me how fun it is."
It's not fun because of the graphics, you dumbass, it's cause you CAN'T SEE THE GAME!
I found that quote pretty funny, actually. But what his other quote said was mostly true, "I've heard EA and Activision make absolutely ridiculous statments like 'Ohhh, it's going to cost 300 million dollars and we're going to need 300 people to work on this!' No, that's bull****, they're just covering up for their own management, or I should say 'mismanagement'. Our crew has only increased 50% percent. The Gears Of War team is only 25 people, and we're still making good games."

[quote=Drewboy64]Oh, and 3v3yonezz noez that x0box 360'z controllarz is going to beat Revolutiznznz controllars in termz of first persan shootarz!

Well I can tell you right now that I would rather play with the 360 controller for a FPS than Revolutions anyday. Also, considering I've played the 360, don't use some arguement saying "Don't make that decision until you've tried both." Sorry, but I don't think I need to try something to decide whether or not I would prefer it or not. If the Revolution had some mockup controller that would look good for FPS, then I'll retract this statement.

Posted by Speedfreak

To make a judgement on a new interface you do need to try it out. Accept this or shut up.

Posted by Axis

Quoting Speedfreak: To make a judgement on a new interface you do need to try it out. Accept this or shut up.

My friend Thomas came up to me one day and talked how you could use the DS touch screen for Metroid demo, it sounded pretty dumb and confusing to me. Guess what? I went and tried it anyways, and it was pretty dumb, I hated it. I even switched it to the face buttons and still didn't like it. I know the concept of the controller on the Revolution, and frankly it doesn't sound like a good idea (IMO) to me at all (FPS point of view). So I'm going to pass on this one, thanks.

Posted by Drewboy64

the touch screen is perfect for FPS, as is the REvolution. I guess you never played the many PC first person shooters.

Posted by Axis

Quoting Drewboy64: the touch screen is perfect for FPS, as is the REvolution. I guess you never played the many PC first person shooters.

I have, actually. I'm not the best at PC FPS but I'm not the worst either. I just had a difficult time with the DS, I knew I wouldn't like it when I heard about. The Revolution looks no different. You can say that they're pretty similar, but with a mouse you're on a surface and the controller you're waving in the air. That I know I'm just going to fall flat on my face.

Posted by Speedfreak

Do you think Time Crisis has a bad control method, then?

Posted by Axis

Never played Time Crisis, so I honestly wouldn't know how to answer that question.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Axis: Never played Time Crisis, so I honestly wouldn't know how to answer that question.

But you didnt play Metroid Ds or Revo before coming up with your conclusion. Answer the question ;-*

Posted by Axis

Quoting Bebop: But you didnt play Metroid Ds or Revo before coming up with your conclusion. Answer the question ;-*

I didn't answer the question because I don't even know how the controls are, or what the controls are like, if you could tell me that, then I could answer your question. Before hand with the DS and Revolution people have told me how the controller would work, thus why I said I didn't like it.

Posted by Speedfreak

How could they tell you how it works when no one knows how it works? Besides that, a control method is not something than can be described to you, especially not by someone who hasn't even used it. Stop being so narrow minded.

Posted by Drewboy64

If you can judge that the Revolution's controller will be bad for FPS games based on what someone who hasn't played it told you about it, then that's pretty sad. At least take the opinions of people who HAVE used it at the TGS and said that it is perfect with FPS's.

Ugh, that guy on the video is disgustingly stupid.

Posted by nich

Oh my god, those people are painfully boring and painfully biased. Somewhat informative though.

Posted by Bebop

Man that guy was annoying. Aside from the fact he was suprisingly camp, he had a very fanboyish attitude to him which is very bad if he is head of a games developing company. And how is head of one is beyond me.

He was up his arse too. Every chance he got he was promoting MS which made me think it had something to do with money. Plus his view was very ignorent. Graphics are the game? We all this is not true but he takes it to a new level of beleif.

Posted by Drewboy64

I'd think someone like him would at least have enough sense to know graphics aren't the strict #1 important thing of games. And when I say someone like him I mean in the gaming industry.
Oh, and be careful, the joystick on the Revolution's controller is ribbed, so it'll make your thumbs hurt! OMG!

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah, wtf? Since when do they hurt? How retarded do you gave to be to hurt yourself with a bloody joystick?

Posted by Drewboy64

Wasnt the N64 joystick plasticy? Because that might be why, but the rev's joystick will be rubbery like the gamecubes. But yeah, my fingers never were hurt from using the joystick. they should remember that Nintendo was the one who came up with the analog stick in the first place.

Edit: HAHAHAHA!
I found this: [IMG]http://webpages.charter.net/clearacell/howmangcowners.gif[/IMG]

Quoting Drewboy64: Wasnt the N64 joystick plasticy? Because that might be why, but the rev's joystick will be rubbery like the gamecubes. But yeah, my fingers never were hurt from using the joystick. they should remember that Nintendo was the one who came up with the analog stick in the first place.

Edit: HAHAHAHA!
I found this: [IMG]http://webpages.charter.net/clearacell/howmangcowners.gif[/IMG]

Yeah, exactly. He's complaining about the ribbing on the N64 controller (which I don't blame him for). but the GC also had ribbing which is very soft and provides excellent grip. I HIGHLY doubt Nintendo would go back to the plastic A-stick.

As for that gif... hilarious.

I was rather suprised to see how behind Nintendo the crowd was.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro: I was rather suprised to see how behind Nintendo the crowd was.

I bet he was too. One of the more fanboyish moments was when he tried to re=phrase his GC question to get the least amount of raised hands to make it look like Nintendo products are unpopular. The Nintendo supporter on the end didn't use this to rub in his face but as soon as Gear of Wars was mentioned the annoying guy was ready to start sucking dicks.

Posted by Drewboy64

"You can't make a business off of ten percent, lolz"

I likedhow when he said "only a gamecube" this one guy stood up and pointed at himself and yelled. And I noticed that the crowed cheered the most when Matt mentioned SSB online and such.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Drewboy64: "You can't make a business off of ten percent, lolz"

I likedhow when he said "only a gamecube" this one guy stood up and pointed at himself and yelled. And I noticed that the crowed cheered the most when Matt mentioned SSB online and such.

The Nintendo supported was suprisngly calm. Perhpas he was nervous speaking in front of a crowd but I surely wouldnt have taken that kind of ignorence. Way to go.

I haven't seem thois Gears of War and from my knowledge I haven't played a game made by Epic. However after seeing the performance delivered by the vice president I doubt I'd like their games veyr much. If graphics is this man's main priority I can;t really see them having deep gameplay.

Posted by Speedfreak

Funnily enough, one of Epics designers is all about gameplay. The Vice President is just a dickhead.

Posted by Drewboy64

"and he asked me, what else do you have besides graphics? And I said, Graphicccs."
"And Nintendo's controller isn't gonna be it [the controller that is like using a mouse when you play an FPS]."
So basically this guy admits he's a dumbass. I wonder if anyone would raise his hand if he said "just owns an X-box, lolz"

Posted by Axis

Quoting Speedfreak: How could they tell you how it works when no one knows how it works? Besides that, a control method is not something than can be described to you, especially not by someone who hasn't even used it. Stop being so narrow minded.

Hmm, may'be you're right. I probably should give it a chance seeing as we haven't seen anything final on how it works. (No, this isn't sarcasm).

As for Mark Rein, yeah, he's a dick. My respect for him just flew into the ground. Now I probably know why there's only 25 people working on Gears Of War....

Posted by Big Boss

Nice little video. Great, honest input from all the participating members. I like how they weren't trying to give image-friendly answers but simply spoke their heart out about what their opinions truly were. Some of you need to understand that the guy that doesn't like Nintendo isn't going to treat his work towards a Nintendo system, if any, with any less passion and dedication simply because he sarcastically disagrees with the decisions made by the company. He is just an a-hole, and you will find that some of the best industry professionals are just like him (take Tomonobu Itagaki from Ninja Gaiden fame). I also got a personal satisfaction from two (seemingly) widely different people looking forward to two possible Sony games for the PS3. Oh, Sony, you've come a long way since Hook. Gamers, developers, and the media alike are looking forward to your games. Gimme a hug!

The panel I went to was much better than that one, with equal input from all (and more) members, and focusing more on industry issues instead of showing off hardware. Still, it's always interesting to see these panel discussions, and I wish more would become available to the public, uncut.

Posted by IIMrBrightsidexX

Well... 360 will be best for me just becuz online play... and graphics is prolly not the best thing... its gameplay halo 2 graphics arent that good but the gameplay is just awesome... thats hat makes i a good game. And a mouse isnt the best for a fps for me at least. and The rev controller... well I like it becuz its original... but it will take time to getting used to... well scratch that im not gettin REV im pickin up my 360 in 3wks BABY YEA!

Posted by Drewboy64

I don't think that Mark is stupid for not giving Rev a chance before critisizing it (ok, I do), but I think it's stupid how he made HIMSELF look like a dumbass by asying Graphics are the only important thing.

I want to see the full video. Someone download the video from Insider and host it.

Posted by Burrito

In the full video, Matt calls Mark a graphics whore. I wish I could see it. I'm glad that he mentioned smash bros. 3 because you know that's what I was thinking.

Posted by Drewboy64

yaeh he said that in the mailbag. I really want to see that. I'm glad he mentioned SSB3 also, cause everyone wants it, and I loved how everyone cheered when he said that.

Quoting Vampiro: I want to see the full video. Someone download the video from Insider and host it.

I thought this video was already for insiders only... I wnat to see the full vid :(

Edit: well, I'm watching teh full vid, but there's no way i can post it without revealing the insider account... Sorry :(
"Nintendo is kind of different from these graphic whores sitting next to me, they're going purely for gameplay." - Matt
Oh, and Mark said Nintendo's games have always had great graphics, but he said that only because he tried to counter Matt's comment.