GUILD WARS

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Well, I kinda want to play an online game (in me bit of spare time:() that is widely known, and popular because it's GOOD. So, is this any good? There's no additional online fee per month, is there? You just buy the game and that's that? Does anyone still play? Just tell me your thoughts, mainly, if they're worth telling.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Doesn't Shin-Ra play this game? And if not... I have no idea why I think he does.

I thought he played...maybe it was guild wars. I can't remember. :p

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

I think my friend plays, and he told me there were no online monthly fees. Mystic Hero plays, someone quickly, wait for him to get online, maul him, and ask him a question!

Posted by brownoystercult

Shin-Ra plays.

I do too. Personally I think this game is better than WoW. No monthly fees ftw. Plus, this game is graphically gorgeous. Just standing, and taking in the enviroment is breath-taking. Hell, we could make a guild (with VGC colored capes; gray and black.) It'd be a lot more fun if you played too. :O

The only downside of the game is that the level cap is 20. Though if you have a guild, there's plenty of things to keep yourself busy with.

Any questions?

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

yea, wait

my laptop sucks complete ***

can it play guild wars?

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/guildwars/tech_info.html

There's the tech-info. >:O

See if it meets the requirements.

Posted by Poison

Play Diablo 2 please :)

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

oh fuk, well... :(

GW > Diablo II

:P

Whoa, only 20? How difficult is it to get to level 20? As in, how many hours of gameplay would you estimate fighting monsters at suitable levels? What level are you?

Oh, and how are the controlls? Have you ever played Everquest? Because the controls for the first EQ were so horrid that I stopped playing after a few hours, never to return. Not to mention the monthy fees, which I really, really disliked. I was thinking about getting FFXI, but I'm not paying monthly fees for anything, so I won't be getting it. When I noticed that GW didn't have any monthly fees (or so the box stated) I seriously considered getting it. I also love playing games that have rich environments, sufficient interaction, enticing music etc. Something like Priston Tale, but way better. Is there actually a bit of a storyline, or is it just you being in a guild, having wars if you so desire, and completing quests?

Posted by Stalolin

WoW

Posted by Stalolin

i can get you a ten day free trial

I used to play the original diablo with my friend all of the time, back when I had dial up. I think he had dial up, too. Anyways, it gets SO BORING after awhile, we haven't played in years. I can't imagine diablo II being much better.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

but it has the number 2 on it, it must be 2x the fun!

I like Warcraft, but I wouldn't want to play it online, I don't think. But I'll take you up on that trial in a couple weeks, if it's still available.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Angelwing]I like Warcraft, but I wouldn't want to play it online, I don't think. But I'll take you up on that trial in a couple weeks, if it's still available.

Probably will be, I've got two free trial things right now and no one to give them to.

Quoting Angelwing: Whoa, only 20? How difficult is it to get to level 20? As in, how many hours of gameplay would you estimate fighting monsters at suitable levels? What level are you?

Well, I have one level 6 Warrior because I didn't get to playing so much, simply because I've been getting a lot of homework and tests to study for lately. I have another Necromancer level 2..just started (named Vampiro V Empire, lol).

Hours to get to level 20 all depends on the player..if you're the type of player that tries to level as fast as you can and just breeze through the quests, then I'm sure you can achieve level 20 in under 20 hours. If you're the type of person that takes your time and tries out all the different class combos then it'd be a long lasting experience. Also, you can have up to 4 characters. There's PvP players you can create, which are solely for Player vs Player combat (they start at level 20.) And of course the role-playing characters, where you progress through the story, do quests, meet friends, etc.

[quote]Oh, and how are the controlls? Have you ever played Everquest? Because the controls for the first EQ were so horrid that I stopped playing after a few hours, never to return. Not to mention the monthy fees, which I really, really disliked. I was thinking about getting FFXI, but I'm not paying monthly fees for anything, so I won't be getting it. When I noticed that GW didn't have any monthly fees (or so the box stated) I seriously considered getting it. I also love playing games that have rich environments, sufficient interaction, enticing music etc. Something like Priston Tale, but way better
The controls work well, actually. Using the W, A , S and D keys to move around/strafe. Or, you can use the 1st mouse button and click, and you move to the spot that you clicked on. The right mouse button is used to control the camera. Everything else on the keyboard are all simple hot keys..such as F for friends, G for your guild, etc.

Yeah, and this is definitely A LOT better than Priston Tale. :P

[quote]Is there actually a bit of a storyline, or is it just you being in a guild, having wars if you so desire, and completing quests?
Yeah, there is a story. In a nutshell, Charr are attacking the City of Ascalon. There's a lot more to the story with certain characters involved in the action as well. I don't want to say too much because if you get the game, you can check the Manual and read the short stories that are included in the Manual. Anyways, I really recommend you getting the game. You can't go wrong.

EDIT: No, don't pay for WoW. It's not worth it. I've played it at my friends house and there really is nothing special about it. To me..at least.

Also let me add that once you get out of Ascalon City (which bustles with other online players) you get your own "copy" of the game. Basically the whole world is to yourself. When you enter a new town, there, you'll see the other online players. This is a good thing because it avoids the whole "You stole my itums omg lol". There in the towns, you party with other players online. At first you're only allowed to party with one person, and the party size gradually increases overtime. I hoped that helped. Now back to my essay. :(

Oh...well, so far, it sounds good. I have a 64 MB ATI Radeon IGP 345M video card, which should be able to handle the game, which is the only thing I'd be worried about, as my laptop surpasses the other specs. I've seen copies for $50 at ebgames, perhaps I can find somewhere cheaper, because I'm guessing the price won't be falling anytime soon. But thanks for the info. :cool:

Yeah, no problem. Anytime.

Posted by Prince Redon

I've been playing Guild Wars for a while now, and I've mentioned on VGC that others should join in.

I think it would be great if others from VGC joined in...This is one of the games I'm actually able to play (Gunbound, and Maple Story took to long to download)

Angelwing, you should be able to find a pretty cheap copy, considering I bought mine a month ago for $30 at Wal-Mart.

If anyone decides to play, I can help get them started and all...Just get on AIM and ask me any questions.

Actually if you play Guild Wars at all, I'm always into either helping others, or just questing for fun... I've got nothing better to do.

Contact me on AIM: Hiltlerslilnaziz
Or PM me.

Hey, I could use someone to party with. Preferably add to my Friends list.

All right, if I do end up getting the game, I'll quest with you.

and me. :(

Of course. :D

:cool2:

Quoted post: I have another Necromancer level 2..just started (named Vampiro V Empire, lol).

:cool:

Unless it's a clever insult and you're calling me weak. Then :(

Haha, he's already better than my other character. :X

Yeah, I'll reach 20 with him. :cool:

Posted by Prince Redon

I think I have enough gold to buy a Guild, and a cape right now...So hurry up Angelwing! ;)

Guilds are 200.

Capes are 2 Platinums, which is 2,000. Jesus..that's a lot of gold.

Heh, won't be until next week sometime, if at all. :cool:

Posted by Prince Redon

Guild halls are 70,000 Gold...

Vamp should play too.

I concur. As long as it doesn't take up more than 700 MB on my hard drive. Since that's all I have left. Plus, I need to buy a new HD before I get anything else.

:link:

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

I feel so left out with my 750mhz processor :(

Posted by Poison

Quoting Angelwing: Whoa, only 20? How difficult is it to get to level 20? As in, how many hours of gameplay would you estimate fighting monsters at suitable levels? What level are you?

To get to level 20 on Diablo, it's about 1-2 hours of game play, to get to level 40, its about 2 more hours and to get to level 80 is 2-3 more hours, and to get to level 99 is 4 more months. It's just like this: level 1- 85 not so hard, 88-99 gay *** hard.

Quoted post: It's just like this: level 1- 85 not so hard, 88-99 gay *** hard

Which makes sense and applies to about every RPG out there. Though the numbers may differ a tad.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

no see

maple story 1 - 15 2 hours

15 - 20 a day

20 - 50, rest of your life

see, its different

I didn't say all...

I only meant the large majority.

Either way, my point still stands. The higher the level, the harder it is to increase. Once you get near the max, it's nearly impossible since nothing else compares to you. Of course, this is obvious, but Poison made it seem like it was a rare occurrence in an RPG...

Posted by Poison

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.3:
20 - 50, rest of your life

More like maple players die young because a new study showed up: "Losers have more trouble coping with life then the norms"

Yea, I didn't make that one up, it was a real study :)

Vamp, I think I read somewhere that you'd need 2gigs...so get that hd now. :cool:

I should have one by Christmas. Since I doubt I'll have enough money to buy one before then.

ok, sounds good. :cool:

k, so I bought it :cool: I didn't know the score was produced by Jeremy Soule. I love this game now.

and my name is Amrilyn Heartstone, so add me.

Class?

Sucks that I can only play during the weekends. And I need a lot of catching up to do, since I deleted my Warrior.

Yeah, the score is produced by Jeremy Soule. :) They just released a music expansion. Check it out here: http://www.directsong.com/direct_song_main.htm

Oh yeah, and thoughts on the game so far?

Posted by Prince Redon

*Added* I will probably be on only weekdays...I work on weekends, and I go to school on weekdays, so I won't be on until probably 5 or 6...I have 2 characters I use mostly, I may bring out a lvl 1 character for fun sometime...Names:

Prince Redon (I know, you would have never guessed)
Unwarrant Death

We can start our own guild if we want, or we can stick with the guild we have now...My friends the guild leader. As would have guess, I'll buy the guild and everything if we want one. I've got the money now.

Posted by Prince Redon

Ok I will have to re-install thanks to my dad...I'll do that some other time...Well not tonight at least.

Sure, I could start over with my lvl 1 Necromancer..

So we'd all kinda start off at the same foot. Make a VGC Guild.

:cool:

I want to see what Garrett's doing first, before I join anything. I probably won't be playing much, because I work tues, wed, fri, sat, sun and go to school mon-fri. So yeah, best I"ll be on is sometime after nine once in awhile.

I chose to be an Elementalist. I was going for Ranger, as I love using bows (far ranged attacks pwn) but I thought I'd try something a little different this time.

Posted by Prince Redon

Rangers also get an animal of their choice as a companion.

****it! I didn't know that. Do mages get familiars? :(

Meh, I'll just have a ranger as well. :cool:

Posted by Prince Redon

No Rangers are the only ones to get a familiar. If you read the book it tells you everything about the characters and their bonuses.

Ah don't forget, later in the game you have the option to choose a class to cross with.

Me: Necro/Elem. And Warrior/Monk

Edit: I'm pretty sure you can't get an familiar through a cross class ranger, you must be a based ranger character.

Posted by Stalolin

*drive-by yelling "guild wars sucks my fat blackwhiteasianrussiancock"*

Posted by Prince Redon

*Stalolin's Car breaks down*

Get him!

lol hi you have to pay 15 dollars monthly

Posted by Prince Redon

For what?

oh, I was talking to Lolin

Posted by Prince Redon

You can't post on the boards anymore...You must stay in blogs or get Jesse to make your posts stick there!...

k! :cool2:

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Roinkz]lol hi you have to pay 15 dollars monthly

more like my brother has to pay 15 dollars monthly and i leech off of his account

lol well you two can't play at the same time

Posted by Prince Redon

Quick! Click the link in my sig...It's worth a laugh! Stay on it and listen for a while, it's actually a great song.

****...maybe I'll change to Ranger then.

Ok, I made another character - Laurallian Bowsting.

I think I love this game.

Posted by Prince Redon

I know right? And it's even better when you get alot of friends on and create huge parties to play in.

I should be on most all night tonight folks!;)

lol I may be on later tonight.

Hmm, how much gold to make a vegans guild will I need...:cool:

Posted by Prince Redon

2000 for the cape + 200 for the guild + and 100 for every member you invite. I can afford to invite everybody playing right now, and make you a guild leader if you want me too...

Posted by Prince Redon

By the way, IM or me when you get on Angelwing.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I whooped the **** out of that game.

You were level 20 then?...Possibly a few times?

I should play more often. I can't even remember the last time I logged in.