Make fun of the band posted before you

Posted by Lord of Spam

The point, if it werent obvious enough yet, is to make fun of the band that the user before you posts. So I'll post one, next person makes fun of it, adn posts one for hte next person to rip on, so on and so forth.

The only thing I want to specify is to try to make your commentary relevant. Dont say "I dont like them, therefor they suck" or something similarly retarded. Try to make your insult based on either the members or their body of work.

First band up is Metallica.

Posted by Porcupine

This looks like a [url=http://vgchat.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106]Posting Game[/url]!

Posted by Lord of Spam

Which is involved with [url=http://vgchat.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40]music.[/url]

Posted by Shin-Ra

Metallica: excellent thrash metal band up until they decided to make their music more accessible, and thusly watered down. Of course, they were too greedy to just leave it at a midway point between actual, good metal and radio friendly material, and had to go that extra length for recognition from the angsty 12 year old goths with no taste whatsoever who, for some reason, seem to be a profitable audience. Put simply, the band is the usual story of decent musicians making an absolutely horrific and disgusting example of what metal is, and going to a state of arrogant, money hording pop music.

If your music has no purpose and sounds fucking awful, then you have no reason to be making music in the first place. Music is an art, a moving expression of emotion, and advocating an industry which whores this out is pathetic; especially when you're an "artist" that contributes to this filth.

Band: Radiohead

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Radiohead- an overrated band liked simply for their "weirdness" factor. The lead singer sings like a depressed pussy and every song sounds like some type of overly poetic horse dung, created for the soul purpose of sounding "weird as f***", which brings in the morons like retards to a shiny thing to buy their cd. While they sound trippy and horribly emasculating, guys and girls alike flock to them for poetic and real-life inspiration that simply isn't there. Their songs are meaningless, their drummer knows how to keep a beat about as complex as me running into a wall over and over again, and the ability to fluctuate your voice over and over again in a ****ty sound does not make you a good singer.

oddly enough, I like Radiohead, but I'm playing devil's advocate here.

Your band: Idlewild (HAH now you have to listen to their music)

Posted by Arwon

Well I went to allmusic.com and looked up Idlewild and spotted three instant marks against them.

1. They're Scottish and their lead singer is called Woomble.

2. Their influences and similar artists make them sound like uninspired and generic 90s punkish alt-rock-sludge. Nirvana, Sonic Youth, the Stooges, REM, Weezer... jesus, how many bands could fall into THAT matrix of dull cliches? I bet it doesn't sound at all like 15 thousand other bands that fall into the same general generi-rock slot. Maybe they're above average for that crowd, but really, that's like having a better than average online journal.

3. Perhaps I didn't make this clear enough. WOOMBLE.

Next band: The critically untouchable behemoth that is Pink Floyd. Should be easy for whoever follows.

Posted by Klarth

- I enjoy prog-rock, but psychedelic music really isn't my scene. Going through hallucinogens just to "turn on your creativity" isn't a good thing. Sure, some of their songs are good - "Money" comes to mind - But if it isn't listenable (despite however much creativity and effort went into it), then it doesn't matter.*

Next band: Rhapsody. This one should be easy for beej :)

*Not my actual beliefs, they're a good band.

Posted by Arwon

SOFT!

Posted by TheSecondComing

For the Floyd, I would have gone the 'pretentious money-grabbing argumentative pricks' angle. ;)

Posted by Arwon

Who didnt even know when to break up.

Posted by mis0

I like the Floyd Boys, but, they are money grabbing pricks, drug addicts, and what have you. And on breaking up; I haven't ever seen such a massive fail in my life.

Here's an easy one: Deadstar Assembly. Maim & destroy, please.

Posted by Mmm.... GOOD!!!

THEY ARE GAY???(he said make fun of 'em)

Three Six Mafia

Posted by Klarth

He needs to stop making accounts and acknowledge a ban.

Oh, wait, I thought it was "make fun of the MEMBER posted before you"!

Posted by Acheron

I have never heard their music in my life, yet I know that they are awful. This brilliant poetry should serve as an example of why:

We up all night (we hip, we hip)
We high off that white
We smokin that weed (we hip, we hip)
Them eyes be tight
We drinkin them fifths (we hip, we hip)
We pimpin a *****
Our grills are gold (we hip, we hip)
Our nose be (sniff)
We carried them glocks (we hip, we hip)
Our hustle is rocks
Consumers or junkies (we hip, we hip)
The blockies I start
If smaller or bigger (we hip, we hip)
We drinkin them triggers
Cause everybody wanna be a gangsta nigga

Also, according to a quick search, their members are named DJ Paul, Project Pat, and Gangsta Boo.

PAUL.
PAT.
BOO.

THESE ARE NOT GANGSTA NAMES.

---

Next up is The Killers. They're used to taking beatings by now, so it's alright.

your wrong about the names lol... its Crunchy Black Dj Paul Juicy J

Posted by Lord of Spam

Yes, Juicy J is MUUUUUUUCH more intimidating.

It is they str8 up gangsta u be scared when u up to foot with them.

Oh yea and i dont know what the **** song that is but ur sources is wrong tha aint from them. they curse way more and i gots all they records

Quoting Acheron:
Next up is The Killers. They're used to taking beatings by now, so it's alright.

They're a highly unoriginal, derivative band who represent the exciting 'indie' scene to people who listen to about as much music as a turd working its way through the sewer system. They also sound terrible live, even when I've seen them playing on MTV awards shows, which have millions of dollars worth of the best equipment and more experienced sound engineers than you can shake a stick at.

Led Zeppelin.

Posted by Arwon

Huge fantasy dorks whose music is worshipped by huge rock dorks.

Tool.

Posted by Lord of Spam

[quote=dictionary.com]pretentious

adj 1: making claim to or creating an appearance of (often undeserved) importance or distinction; "a pretentious country house"; "a pretentious fraud"; "a pretentious scholarly edition" [ant: unpretentious] 2: intended to attract notice and impress others; "an ostentatious sable coat" [syn: ostentatious] [ant: unostentatious] 3: of a display that is tawdry or vulgar [syn: ostentatious, kitsch] 4: Tool

Green Day shall be next, but I'm going to limit it to pre-Warning Green Day, as making fun of the new stuff is jsut too easy.

Posted by Acheron

Quoting dictionary.com]mediocrity

n 1: ordinariness as a consequence of being average and not outstanding [syn: averageness] 2: a person of second-rate ability or value:

Linkin Park. While at first this one seems laughably easy, there are so many directions you can take it in. Be creative!

Posted by Arwon

I would make fun of Linkin Park specifically, but I find it hard to differentiate System of a Rage Against the Limp Korn Kid Hoobacubus Roach bands from each other. All I know is I'm ****ing glad it isn't 1999 and those ****ers are all either washed up or dead or something, and not ALL OVER THE BLOODY RADIO.

Next band, the Velvet Underground

Posted by Lord of Spam

They were unalbe to keep control once Andy Warhol got ahold of them.

Let me rephrase this. THEY LOST A POWERSTUGGLE AGAINST A MAN WHO PAINTED SOUP CANS. And what is even worse is that if it werent for all the heroin soaked morons that leeched on Warhol's every turd as if it were gold, they would be nowhere.

Run DMC. Dont dismiss it on the grounds of "lol rap sucks" though. Listen to some of it to get a fel for it first.

People today always accuse bands of selling out - yet somehow they always forget to mention Run DMC, who wrote a song called 'My Adidas', struck a sponsourship deal with Adidas, then invited fans at their shows to 'hold their adidas up in the air, yo!' And despite people these days mourning the corporate ogre's control of the music industry, this remains the biggest act of 'selling out to Satan' that has ever taken place.

Iron Maiden.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Quoting TheSecondComing: People today always accuse bands of selling out - yet somehow they always forget to mention Run DMC, who wrote a song called 'My Adidas', struck a sponsourship deal with Adidas, then invited fans at their shows to 'hold their adidas up in the air, yo!' And despite people these days mourning the corporate ogre's control of the music industry, this remains the biggest act of 'selling out to Satan' that has ever taken place.

Iron Maiden.

Only difference is Iron Maiden still manages to put out good music. And Ozzy has sold out to satan the most by far. I don't think they have Bruce Dickinson bobble head dolls do they?

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Shin_Akuma: Only difference is Iron Maiden still manages to put out good music. And Ozzy has sold out to satan the most by far. I don't think they have Bruce Dickinson bobble head dolls do they?

You fail at this game, posting, and understanding what this topic is about.

Posted by Klarth

Maiden seem to think that they can record anything and it'll be automatically great. I didn't like Dance of Death.

Next is Green Charlotte 182 or Funeral For My Chemical Valentine. Take your pick.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Klarth: Maiden seem to think that they can record anything and it'll be automatically great. I didn't like Dance of Death.

Next is Green Charlotte 182 or Funeral For My Chemical Valentine. Take your pick.

I thought Dance of Death was really good, actually. Paschendale and the title track in particular. The bass was a bit lacking in the mix, but anyway...

Good Charlotte. They should be called BAD Charlotte!!1!one

Seriously though, I don't even need to make fun of them. One of them (whichever one is Hilary Duff's "boyfriend", who even cares anyway) claimed Kelly Clarkson wasn't a "true" musical artist because she got promotion through American Idol.

Ooh, I know. Make fun of HIM. That should be ridiculously easy.

Posted by Lord of Spam

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/moon/darkchamber/music/mu_him.htm]His Infernal Majesty is the second Rock band from Finland to get a great success outside Scandinavia (the first was NightWish).[/url]

Enough said.

Malice Mizer is next. Keeping from laughing long enough to type it makes it suprisingly hard.