Children of Mana

Posted by Drewboy64

[URL="http://media.ds.ign.com/media/695/695657/imgs_1.html"]Deliciousness in a cartridge.[/URL]

I'm looking forward to playing this, although I'm dissappointed it doesn't have Secret of Mana's 100% bar system (where your attack is strong only whne the bar is at 100%) and that the charge-up system (where you hold your attack button to do a special attack).

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Mmmm, thirty hours of gameplay.

I shall be getting this I think.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Yeah, I'll definitely be getting this. Seems pretty interesting.

Posted by Eludiac

rumors have it u can create characters and like do quests online or were they put to rest? y'know i was REALLy hoping for a port for seiken densetsu 3. that game was way better than any Mana game in the us. still i MUST get this game

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Vampiro: Mmmm, thirty hours of gameplay.

Wow.
--

Looks terrible awesome!

Posted by GameMiestro

30 hours? For a RPG? That isn't much...

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting GameMiestro: 30 hours? For a RPG? That isn't much...

30 hours is fine, and even great to me!
For a handheld anyway.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Thirty hours is average.

I do enjoy a game that you can spend 200 hours + on and not be bored out of your mind (hi baldur's gates!). But not every game can accomplish this.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I just want a return to the Mana series's roots. No more of this you-can-only-use-your-weapon-during-a-battle and simplistic overworld map nonsense.

Quoted post: 30 hours? For a RPG? That isn't much...

It's quite a bit for handhelds. There hasn't been a decent, long handheld RPG in awhile.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Vampiro: It's quite a bit for handhelds. There hasn't been a decent, long handheld RPG in awhile.

I can't even come up with one :(

Posted by Klarth

GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL.

Quoted post: GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL.

Those didn't take too long to complete. Nowhere near 30 hours anyways.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro]It's quite a bit for handhelds. There hasn't been a decent, long handheld RPG in awhile.

Golden Sun 2 was pretty long. And then there's Pok

Posted by Jak Pattinson

nice. that looks like a cool rpg drewboy pal. i'll defnitely get that when its released.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Vampiro: Those didn't take too long to complete. Nowhere near 30 hours anyways.

Depends on whether you catch 'em all or not.

Quoted post: Depends on whether you catch 'em all or not.

Touché.

I think I only did that once. And I had a friend trade me. So I didn't technically catch them. But I did have a full pokédex.

Posted by Klarth

Considering you need to trade to fill it (hence, there are always two versions!), you did it legally, friend.

Legally.

Law And Order CSI series twelve: Las Vegas.

Posted by Drewboy64

Yeah, this game will be similar to Secret of Mana, minus the chargeup and 100 percent bar. But the screenshots look amazing, I really want to play this.

Posted by Eludiac

well talkin about long games dont forget final fantasy tactics advance. after beating the main quests im still working on the side quests.

Quoted post: Considering you need to trade to fill it (hence, there are always two versions!), you did it legally, friend.

It was about 30 pokémon though.

Posted by Klarth

Yeah, well hush.

And this can't possibly be as good as Secret of Mana II. Otherwise I'd buy a DS for it.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Klarth:
And this can't possibly be as good as Secret of Mana II. Otherwise I'd buy a DS for it.

You will probably end up doing so ;)

Posted by Shade

After how much I loved Sword of Mana...I can't wait. A GOOD DS RPG to come out? My god...finally.

[quote]Golden Sun 2 was pretty long.

Thank you. And Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. I just got today, and can already tell I won't be beating this for a while.