updates?

Posted by rudybaga2

when you get the psp what version are you on?and for the updates what is updated? what games do you get for each update? and why do you wanna update anything besides the memory stick?

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

It comes with version 1.52 and a 2.0 update disc - at least, mine did. They might come preloaded with 2.1 by now.

The updates are just for security and things, making the PSP 'better', really. Some games won't work without certain updates - no updates include games.

However, if a game needs a particular update, it's usually contained on the disc, so no worries there.

Posted by rudybaga2

have you played NBA 06? everyone keeps talking about 2.0 and someone told me you can go higher with that game.and what is the signiffigence(typo) with rentals that defeats the purpose of buying the game

Basically, once every update is released, it makes things that weren't possible before, possible now. As you're not familiar with homebrew, you won't know this, but most homebrew apps work on firmware 1.52. Sony released firmware 2.0 to stop it working, but someone found a way to make it so that you could downgrade it back to 1.52 if you wanted. So Sony released 2.1, which I believe is packaged with NBA 06.

Whenever a PSP is made, the most recent firmwar is loaded on it. So one bought at launch would have 1.0 on it, but one bought now would most likely have 2.0 or even 2.1 on it.

In all honesty it makes no difference which version you have if all you're going to do is play games you buy from shops - if a game requires a firmware update, it's usually included on the UMD.

Posted by rudybaga2

lmao are you trying to bring me to a close in your other thread? about emulators.lol..but when you rent a game and if you have a bigger memory card .you cant download that game to it?

What? No. To everything. A game is a few gigabytes, you do realise?

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Wings: What? No. To everything. A game is a few gigabytes, you do realise?

*32MB-1.8GB

Shh. I'm trying to deter piracy. :D

Posted by rudybaga2

oooook.. when i buy my psp ..is it worth buying the $128 memory card? well were im from its only $89 dont no why but it is

It's not worth getting a big memory card unless you're going to be really serious about your PSP usage - for things like Wipeout Pure's additional content you will need a bigger memory card, and if you're going to use it for music then you'll need quite a big one- although I'd get a hard-drive based MP3 player rather than shell out the sae money on a Memory Stick that's about a quarter the size.

For general gaming and such, the 32MB card you get with it is more than adequate - I've got four games on it so far and it's hardly taking up four meg.