Fusion vs First Hunt

Posted by GameMiestro

The classic debate between these two games is really only an owner of both games can answer well. Personally, I liked Metroid: Zero Mission better, because of the superior graphics and the addition of the original Metroid.

However, Metroid Fusion also has its strong points, like the following:

-Fusion added the Diffusion missle. Zero Mission has no new weapons.
-Fusion has a much deeper and more enriching storyline.
-Ridley is cooler in Fusion. (come on, you know its true)

Posted by Zeta

Since when does 1st Hunt have the original Metroid on it? And how can you compare it to Fusion? It's a freaking demo.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: The classic debate between these two games is really only an owner of both games can answer well. Personally, I liked Metroid: First Hunt better, because of the superior graphics and the addition of the original Metroid.

Do you mean Zero Mission?

Either way, Fusion gets my vote. I just enjoyed it more.

Posted by GameMiestro

Dang it... well, thanks to whoever changed it.

Posted by Pit

Zero Mission.

Not saying I didn't like Fusion, it was excellent and probably one of the best games on the advance, it's that Metroid games have been known to give the player the freedom to do what he wants and where he goes, and Fusion always cut off areas and restricted you to basically go from point A to point B EXCEPT towards the last part of the game.

Zero Mission on the other hand, even if you're "supposed" to fight Kraid before Ridley, hey, I always fought Ridley first, or for fun I'd get the Varia suit like 4th weapon in the game (or 5th) and then go for the screw attack, giving me like many varieties in beating the game. That, and I must've played it over 50+ times, speed runs.

Posted by Zeta

I'm leaning a bit towards Fusion, mainly because the boss battles were much better. It's pretty linear, but I don't sequence break too often, anyways.

Posted by ExoXile

Fusion.

Posted by gamer_net

Fusion, definitely

Posted by Seres Aran

Ah yes... Fusion vs. Zero Mission... I should've seen it. By the way, I took your advice and made a new account, Miestro (it's me, Samurai Legend Avalon!). Anyways, I can't really decide between the two. As was said, Fusion was pretty linear, but had better bosses. I liked how Zero Mission reflected the original Metroid, though. However, I liked the benefits you gained from beating Fusion. I mean, when you connect it to Metroid Prime. The fusion suit, AND the original Metroid. Just like having a slightly inferior Zero Mission. Nyah, so I have to say Fusion is better, though I cannot say anything negative about Zero Mission. The Power Suit is one of my least favorite suits, though... whereas the Fusion Suit is one of my favorite. And anyways, Metroid Prime owns them all. Not only is it the best Metroid game of all time, but the best game of all time period. Rock on, Samus! Love ya' always!

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Seres Aran]And anyways, Metroid Prime owns them all. Not only is it the best Metroid game of all time, but the best game of all time period.

Unfortunately, many people beg to differ.

Posted by Seres Aran

BEG TO DIFFER?! How can you beg to differ? It's freakin' METROID PRIME! No Metroid game; heck, no GAME period is better than Metroid Prime.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Seres Aran: BEG TO DIFFER?! How can you beg to differ? It's freakin' METROID PRIME! No Metroid game; heck, no GAME period is better than Metroid Prime.

That's an opinion. You make it seem as it's a fact.

Posted by GameMiestro

Personally, I found the shooting controls in First Hunt to be far superior to those in Metroid Prime.

Posted by Seres Aran

Quoting Pit: That's an opinion. You make it seem as it's a fact.

You make it seem as if it isn't. ;) Nyah, it's okay, everyone makes mistakes. I forgive you.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Seres Aran: You make it seem as if it isn't. ;) Nyah, it's okay, everyone makes mistakes. I forgive you.

Oh man that was clever!

+2 HP
+4 MP
+1 ATK
+3 DEF

Posted by KoH

[quote=Seres Aran]You make it seem as if it isn't. ;) Nyah, it's okay, everyone makes mistakes. I forgive you.
Lmao. What the hell was that?

If you meant that as a comeback, it was probably the WORST attempt I've ever seen in my life. But hey, dont' worry about it, everyone makes mistakes. Humanity forgives you.

Oh and... "nyah."

Prime was a fantastic game, you can't deny that... but it felt more like it's own game in many cases, and not as if it were a 3D upgrade of Metroid. In my opinion, you can't really say Super Metroid is better or worse than Metroid Prime.

Posted by GameMiestro

What does this have anything to do with Super Metroid?

Posted by Zeta

[quote=Seres Aran]It's freakin' METROID PRIME! No Metroid game; heck, no GAME period is better than Metroid Prime.

As much as I love Metroid Prime, I can think of several better games, one of which is a Metroid game.

[quote=Pit]+2 HP
+4 MP
+1 ATK
+3 DEF
God, I wish we had those RPG stats under our avatar again. :(

Posted by GameMiestro

Can we still find our rpg stats?

Quoted post: What does this have anything to do with Super Metroid?

I was using it as an example.

Posted by Seres Aran

This sounds so.... conspiracy-like. Anyways... I still stand by the fact that Metroid Prime is METROID PRIME. I don't need to say anything else. But you DO have a good point, Vampiro. You can't really compare Super Metroid. *Sigh* I lost AGAIN!... I'm losing my touch. Too old for this sort of thing, you know (I'm 16 years old! I know, I know... past my bedtime...).

Also... how can you mock "nyah!"?! That's the coolest awesome.... uh... IST (awesomeist?) word ever!