ff7 advent children review!! (honestly)

Posted by buddha

first up, im aware the movie hasnt been released everywhere yet but there was no way i was going to wait 6 months to see it and broadband is a wonderful thing! ILL TRY NOT TO SPOIL ANYTHING! right, okay here goes, the visual aspect of the movie is absolutely fantastic,everything is soaked in detail from all the characters to the photorealistic city backrounds to clouds kickass motorbike! the movie is clearly running on a very high budget.As you may already be aware from numerous gamesites ,all playable characters from ff7 are present in some form or another which is a good thing.The action scenes are very fast paced and very cool but be warned as they kinda took me by surprise. try to imagine all characters on level 99 and they make more sense.....i... mean...like.. swords cut through 10 foot thick walls, trees are fallen by fist, certain characters are blown 100 feet and shot at only to reflect bullets back with a massive steal sword before hitting the ground etc etc. just to give an idea of the style used in the film. ..it is all done extreamly well however an with great care taken to ensure every detail of the action is done right. the style suits the film quite well.I watched the movie a few times and noticed something new each time,you will ave a hard time keeping up with the more intense fights so you ve been warned.its fairly action packed so you neednt really worry about long drawn out boring bits.the game features music by nobou uemetsu who worked on all the ff game soundtracks (except 10-2 i think) and if you ave played the game you will recognise redone versions of the games tunes.the story WHICH I WONT SPOIL!!!!! is in my opinion okay as in it doesent really drive the movie but gets you from 1 fight scene to another so whatever.As reguard the character designs themselves,they are done exceptionally well. especially cloud who obviously had special detail paid to him...um... i dont think they got barret quite right but thats about it and thats only personal opinion anyway.The movie is about 90 minutes long and is defenitally about 1456 times better than that last miserable peace of sh*t they released a few years back.i was originally worried that they would make a crap movie again and tarnish the reputation of ff7 which i am really thankful for that they didnt. Despite the positive aspects of this film it does have 2 setbacks that i consider important.(WARNING) IT IS POSSABLE SOME PEOPLE WOULD CONSIDER THE FOLLEWING A SPOILER BUT I PERSONALLY DONT SO ITS YOUR CHOICE TO READ ON.....NO1...the turks are not given enough respect during the course of the movie,they are kinda demonstrated as being incompetent and fairly weak. I always looked upon the turks as being strong respected kinda maphia group and was dissappointed to see them being pushed around in this movie. Secondly i was dissappointed to see such an emphasis on cloud and not so much on the other characters of this movie.I no cloud is the main character but if i was to put it into proportion i would say the film is based 75 percent on cloud,10 percent on tifa and the rest split between the rest of the characters. Anyway thats it ..although the movie cant compare to the masterpiece that was ff7,i left my sitting room quite impressed with it and looking forward to watching it again!

please coment on the film yourself those who have seen it and express your own opinion.hope this brief ATTEMPT at a review was helpful to you all.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Isn't there already a thread for this?

And you need paragraphs.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Dude, thanks for telling me. I mean, like, if I hadnt downloaded it the first day, I never would have known what it was like. THANKS A BUNCH.

Posted by Azusa

O MYGOSH YOU DOWNLOADED IT ON THE FURST DAY!? UR SO COOL, UR EPENIS MUST BE HUGE LOLOLOLOLOOLLOLL.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Azusa: UR PENIS MUST BE HUGE LOLOLOLOLOOLLOLL.

Fix'd.

Posted by Azusa

That doesn't even make sense, considering. :love:

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Azusa: That doesn't even make sense, considering. :love:

:D

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting buddha: try to imagine all characters on level 99 and they make more sense.....i... mean...like.. swords cut through 10 foot thick walls, trees are fallen by fist, certain characters are blown 100 feet and shot at only to reflect bullets back with a massive steal sword before hitting the ground etc etc.

...And why level 99?
Cloud could wield his buster sword at level what, 5?
So, there's really no need to think of them as level 100.
(Besides. This is a movie, i doubt they have levels.)

Posted by higbvuyb

I've calculated that assuming that in one of the scenes the guy has an instantaneous reaction speed, the bullets go at 10m/s. At that speed, they would just bounce off human beings. 10m/s is about the speed of an Olympic 100m runner.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting buddha: first up, im aware the movie hasnt been released everywhere yet but there was no way i was going to wait 6 months to see it and broadband is a wonderful thing! ILL TRY NOT TO SPOIL ANYTHING! right, okay here goes, the visual aspect of the movie is absolutely fantastic,everything is soaked in detail from all the characters to the photorealistic city backrounds to clouds kickass motorbike! the movie is clearly running on a very high budget.As you may already be aware from numerous gamesites ,all playable characters from ff7 are present in some form or another which is a good thing.The action scenes are very fast paced and very cool but be warned as they kinda took me by surprise. try to imagine all characters on level 99 and they make more sense.....i... mean...like.. swords cut through 10 foot thick walls, trees are fallen by fist, certain characters are blown 100 feet and shot at only to reflect bullets back with a massive steal sword before hitting the ground etc etc. just to give an idea of the style used in the film. ..it is all done extreamly well however an with great care taken to ensure every detail of the action is done right. the style suits the film quite well.I watched the movie a few times and noticed something new each time,you will ave a hard time keeping up with the more intense fights so you ve been warned.its fairly action packed so you neednt really worry about long drawn out boring bits.the game features music by nobou uemetsu who worked on all the ff game soundtracks (except 10-2 i think) and if you ave played the game you will recognise redone versions of the games tunes.the story WHICH I WONT SPOIL!!!!! is in my opinion okay as in it doesent really drive the movie but gets you from 1 fight scene to another so whatever.As reguard the character designs themselves,they are done exceptionally well. especially cloud who obviously had special detail paid to him...um... i dont think they got barret quite right but thats about it and thats only personal opinion anyway.The movie is about 90 minutes long and is defenitally about 1456 times better than that last miserable peace of sh*t they released a few years back.i was originally worried that they would make a crap movie again and tarnish the reputation of ff7 which i am really thankful for that they didnt. Despite the positive aspects of this film it does have 2 setbacks that i consider important.(WARNING) IT IS POSSABLE SOME PEOPLE WOULD CONSIDER THE FOLLEWING A SPOILER BUT I PERSONALLY DONT SO ITS YOUR CHOICE TO READ ON.....NO1...the turks are not given enough respect during the course of the movie,they are kinda demonstrated as being incompetent and fairly weak. I always looked upon the turks as being strong respected kinda maphia group and was dissappointed to see them being pushed around in this movie. Secondly i was dissappointed to see such an emphasis on cloud and not so much on the other characters of this movie.I no cloud is the main character but if i was to put it into proportion i would say the film is based 75 percent on cloud,10 percent on tifa and the rest split between the rest of the characters. Anyway thats it ..although the movie cant compare to the masterpiece that was ff7,i left my sitting room quite impressed with it and looking forward to watching it again!

please coment on the film yourself those who have seen it and express your own opinion.hope this brief ATTEMPT at a review was helpful to you all.

Shut the fuck up, no one cares, thanks.

http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=8071

Posted by scylla22

Actually, watching the movie just raised more questions for me. Like for instance in the end you hear what sounds like Aeris' voice calling to Kadaj while he's in a battered mess with cloud supporting his figure. But the question is, why would he call Aeris mother?? I mean, come on, if it was actually jenova, they would've used a different voicing. But anyways, the visuals & sound were definitely top notch. And also, the airship used to be called "Highwind" in the game but in the movie cid referred to it as the "sierra". So over all, it was a great movie, except that it just raises more questions on the past of FF7.