June Revolution?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote]Nintendo will ship the Revolution console in June of 2006, it was revealed to SPOnG overnight, with technology and manufacturing partners letting slip Nintendo

Posted by Random

That sounds like a good time to me.. Just a month after my birthday ^_^

Posted by GameMiestro

When will they ever learn...

Posted by Speedfreak

What?

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Hehehe. Just a month before my birthday. I was planning on getting a Japanese unit at Nintendo's home country launch, though. I guess I'll just wait until Zelda is released over there, or some other big game.

Posted by Speedfreak

Why would you want to play a Japanese Zelda? :-/

Posted by Drewboy64

hehe, the month my birthday is in.
Please, holy father, let this be true. I want to play ssb3 online with my controller shell. Heh.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Gamespot: Nintendo president Satoru Iwata revealed that the company is aiming for a simultaneous worldwide release of its next-generation gaming console, the Revolution. Iwata also confirmed that the system will be coming out after March in 2006.

Talking about the Revolution in an interview with Nikkei Business, Iwata stated, "I can only say that it's coming out during 2006, but it will be after the current fiscal year. We hope to make it a simultaneous worldwide release as much as it's possible."

Since the current fiscal year for Nintendo ends on March 31, 2006, it means the Revolution, as predicted by analysts, will likely be released somewhere between April 1 and December 31, 2006.

When asked by Nikkei Business if he has any specific sales figure targeted for the Revolution, Iwata stated that he hopes the console will sell at least more than the GameCube, which has shipped 18.76 million units as of June.

"It [the Revolution] would be a complete failure if we didn't sell more units than the Nintendo GameCube," said Iwata.

The system's controller, which was revealed in September, was the focus of much of the console's buzz. Surprisingly, Iwata revealed to Nikkei that Nintendo's former president, Hiroshi Yamauchi, was not involved in any way with the creation of the Revolution's controller.

Iwata told Nikkei Business that the Revolution's controller uses several different types of technology, though he did not go into specifics. However, he did note that the controller can be used with any kind of monitor, even digital projectors

Hmmm, pretty interesting and from an actual reliable news source.

Posted by Speedfreak

Spong is actually quite reliable. They've gotten a surprising amount of things right. Like Zelda being delayed, Metroid Hunters having a Halo-esque ranking system and a full online mode, the Revolution controller at TGS etc

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

****it, a month after my birthday.

Either way, I'll be happy to see it launch during the summer. Maybe, for once, it won't be such a slow summer when it comes to gaming.

Though, I do find it SOMEWHAT hard to believe. And Until it's official, I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Speedfreak: Spong is actually quite reliable. They've gotten a surprising amount of things right. Like Zelda being delayed, Metroid Hunters having a Halo-esque ranking system and a full online mode, the Revolution controller at TGS etc

But that goes without mentioning all the things they've gotten wrong.

Posted by Speedfreak

Go name a few things they've gotten wrong. Really, you'd be surprised.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Speedfreak: Go name a few things they've gotten wrong. Really, you'd be surprised.

The CubeBoy, the several DS Predections, Rogue Squadron going to Xbox, Revolution not coming out till 2007 or later for example

Posted by Drewboy64

I've dreamed of Rev coming out during summer 2006, although I thought it would come holidays of 2006. But man, summer, when school's out and everything is wonderful, I'll be playing my Revolution... Thank you, Nintendo.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=boomstick]The CubeBoy, the several DS Predections, Rogue Squadron going to Xbox, Revolution not coming out till 2007 or later for example

You're confusing rumours that Spong have posted and posts by Spong that they claim to be irrefutable. None of those stories were anything like their Metroid, GB Micro or Revolution announcements.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Speedfreak: You're confusing rumours that Spong have posted and posts by Spong that they claim to be irrefutable. None of those stories were anything like their Metroid, GB Micro or Revolution announcements.

Actually I believe that the Rogue Squadron to Xbox Article that posted were supposly offical, but whatever, I know Gamespot to be reliable, that's all I meant, you tried to look way too hard at my statement.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting boomstick: The CubeBoy,
What? Do explain this supoposed article as it rings no bells
[quote]the several DS Predections
Do you mean artists impressions?,
[quote]Rogue Squadron going to Xbox,
That was actually just the name of the article most probably, just to get people to read the actual article. The article was about Factor 5 moving to other consoles. Which is true. Did you not make a thread about that very subject actually?
[quote]Revolution not coming out till 2007 or later for example

I think you'll find launch dates for consoles are always varied across game news sites.

Please don't forget Spong was the only Game News site I found which said there would be no swearing in the remake of Conker. And that is true.

Posted by Drewboy64

Hey, does the Rev controller use seperate sensor devices for the motion sensor to work, or is it built in the console?

Posted by Speedfreak

There's a sensor bar you put next to your TV.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Bebop: What? Do explain this supoposed article as it rings no bells

It was suppose to be like portable GCN or something, I remember reading about the article I believe in Gamespot's Rumor Control or some sites equavilent.

Quoting Bebop: Do you mean artists impressions?,

No, I mean what the DS was, before it was unveiled, once again via Gamespot's Rumor Control

Quoting Bebop: That was actually just the name of the article most probably, just to get people to read the actual article. The article was about Factor 5 moving to other consoles. Which is true. Did you not make a thread about that very subject actually?

Nope, I remember a thread about it though awhile back and in the article in mentioned about IGN doing the same story, but it was no where in site, nor did it ever appear, I believe it was listed as offical news if I'm not mistaken.

Quoting Bebop: I think you'll find launch dates for consoles are always varied across game news sites.

Yes, but not offically, and this was along time before Revolution was even named, it actually started a scare that Nintendo would be left behind in the next gen console race, but even though it was listed as an offical statement, it was later reveiled that the statement was taken out of context completely.

Quoting Bebop: Please don't forget Spong was the only Game News site I found which said there would be no swearing in the remake of Conker. And that is true.

Did I say they were always wrong, no, I'm sure they get info right probably a majority of the time, but I've known Gamespot to be with the facts almost always, that's what I meant, like your bother, you looked too hard into a small statement.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Speedfreak: There's a sensor bar you put next to your TV.

Well, poop, I was hoping it'd be built in, but it's no biggie. I wonder how it works, though.

Posted by Bebop

Spong acts in the same way as Gamespot. They post both news and rumours. The difference is Gamespot make a clear distinction (rumour control) whereas on Spong to have to read the article. From my knowledge of articles I have read on Spong they only time they have been wrong is when they post rumors (both exclusive to their own site and found on other sites) or. at times, offer their own speculation. I consider Spong a reliable source. But I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree :(

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=boomstick]Did I say they were always wrong, no, I'm sure they get info right probably a majority of the time, but I've known Gamespot to be with the facts almost always, that's what I meant, like your bother, you looked too hard into a small statement.

That's not particularly difficult considering Gamespot only ever post news that the rest of the Internet have known for days. Neither Gamespot nor IGN have very up to date news at all.

Posted by Drewboy64

unfortunately, IGN is really the only one I check casue I always forget/don't know most other sources.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Speedfreak: That's not particularly difficult considering Gamespot only ever post news that the rest of the Internet have known for days. Neither Gamespot nor IGN have very up to date news at all.

They wait to confirm first, nothing at all wrong with that, I posted up the Revolution not coming out till 2007+ as a good example, it was talking from word of mouth, but was taken outta context completely by most sites, game sites like Gamespot and IGN confirm and re-confirm news before putting it on the site.

Posted by Speedfreak

Other sites wait for confirmation and still post a crapload more news than both Gamespot and IGN combined.

Posted by Random

Eh... i'm skeptical... Doubt it'll be June. It'd be kewl if it was but I somewhat think it was all just a false rumor.

Quoting Speedfreak: Why would you want to play a Japanese Zelda? :-/

It isn't so much a desire to play the game in its native language as it is the desire to play the game as soon as possible. Ocarina of Time launched in America just a week after it did in Japan, but I imported Majora's Mask and Wind Waker and had loads of fun just exploring and trying things out without the burden of being able to understand anyone when they told me what I actually should be doing.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Eh... i'm skeptical... Doubt it'll be June. It'd be kewl if it was but I somewhat think it was all just a false rumor.

Did you read the Gamespot article, the President of Nintendo said probably April, not too far off from June.

Posted by Random

Whenever it's official and it's on Nintendo's site, then i'll believe it more.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=boomstick]Did you read the Gamespot article, the President of Nintendo said probably April, not too far off from June.

He said not still after the end of the fiscal year, which is after 31st of March, so starting 1st of June. Combine that with their 2006 release confirmation and you have 1st April to 31st December.

Quoted post: It isn't so much a desire to play the game in its native language

They don't even talk in the game...

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Speedfreak]What?

Waiting=Bad

Posted by Luigi182

I'm still a big doubter. I always figured Nov. was what they were going for...

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=GameMiestro]Waiting=Bad

June isn't that far away, really.

It's better than waiting a whole year.

Posted by Luigi182

Hmmm... I got to thinking about it and wondered, 'when will the big 3 come out?' After some digging:

Xbox 360: 2005:
Nov. 22 in North America
Dec. 2 in Europe
Dec. 10 in Japan.

PS3:
Rumored wordlwide launch of Spring 2006

Nintendo Revolution:
Sometime in the window of Mar to Dec of 2006.

So much for not being last this time around...

Posted by Speedfreak

Rumoured. Keyword there. Really, no one knows what the hell Sony's doing. Maybe not even Sony themselves. Nintendo changed their stance from "not being last" to "not being late" a while back.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Speedfreak: He said not still after the end of the fiscal year, which is after 31st of March, so starting 1st of June. Combine that with their 2006 release confirmation and you have 1st April to 31st December.

But he did say April was a likely probabilty, which is why I said probably.

Posted by Arczu

June would seem like a good time to realease it though. Because come summer break, some kinds will probably go nuts with the thing all over the vacation. It's a possible outcome.

Quoting Vampiro: They don't even talk in the game...

There's a little thing that's sweeping the globe nowadays called "reading." One uses one's eyes to view a set of varying, yet similar characters which represent sounds in the spoken tongue on paper or on a screen. The sounds represented by these characters translate into what you would hear if someone were speaking the words to you aloud. Unless mumsy or dadsy is "reading" this paragraph to you (entirely possible if you're solely a ps2 owner), you yourself are "reading" right now!

lol your so smart!

But seriously, shut up. You're not clever.

Either way, unless you're fluent in Japanese (which I doubt), why bother? I could understand if there were Japanese VOs with english subtitles, but there aren't. And even if you could read Japanese, your native tongue is english. So it seems pretty stupid to want to play it in any other language where I'm sure you would translate a few lines incorrectly.

I don't know, seems pointless to me.

Posted by Speedfreak

Dude, he said pretty clearly why. He doesn't want to know what to do in the game.

Posted by nich

I agree and disagree with a June release. With the summer break right around the corner people are more inclined to play videogames because of the surplus of freetime, however, when gamecube finally came out the developers had left them for the sony PS2. Probably because making games for a system that was already out meant they would get their money sooner than they would for a system that was not released yet. This resulted in a limited library for the cube and their new-found "kiddy" rep. I'd hate to see that happen again.

Posted by Drewboy64

Wait, if Rev does come out before the PS3, which is possible seeing as it's just a RUMOr that PS3 comes out spring, then that wouldn't really matter...
I'm extremely happy about the June release, because I was dissappointed during Summer that I wouldn't have Mario Kart DS and all those fantastic games until after school started. Thank god I'll have my Rev during the break, though.

I'd say I'm considerably more clever than someone who says the likes of "Duh...Nobody talks in Zelda," thank you. As Speedfreak mentioned, I did post about my enjoyment of the complete and utter confusion of playing a text-intensive game in a language I can't read. I've got weird taste like that. I like Japanese and German popular music about a thousand times more than English-language garbage, but that's mostly because I find the lyrics in nearly all English pop songs so insufferably inane, cliched, and shallow that I'd rather not hear/understand them at all.

Posted by Drewboy64

yeahi hate american music. Modern stuff at least.

Anyhow, I really do hope Rev comes out in June. Does anyone know how sure people are of this?

Quoted post: I'd say I'm considerably more clever than someone who says the likes of "Duh...Nobody talks in Zelda," thank you. As Speedfreak mentioned, I did post about my enjoyment of the complete and utter confusion of playing a text-intensive game in a language I can't read.

You may be clever, I don't know. I'm just saying that your post was not.

Either way, I never finished reading your post. Which I don't usually do, but I was in a rush.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting nich: I agree and disagree with a June release. With the summer break right around the corner people are more inclined to play videogames because of the surplus of freetime, however, when gamecube finally came out the developers had left them for the sony PS2. Probably because making games for a system that was already out meant they would get their money sooner than they would for a system that was not released yet. This resulted in a limited library for the cube and their new-found "kiddy" rep. I'd hate to see that happen again.

Being first in releasing a system can be a good thing, but there are a lot more factors that play into why developers would make games for other consoles. Notice that the Xbox and GameCube came out at relatively the same time, yet the Xbox ended up being supported more by developers in the long run.

As for the kiddy image, Nintendo got that way back in the SNES days, thanks mostly to Sega's way of advertising the Genesis as a "hip" system (making Nintendo look kiddy by comparison), as well as the content in games like Mortal Kombat where blood was present only in the Genesis version.