Underdog triumphs in UK. DS currently owns worldwide markets.

Posted by Speedfreak

Last week's sales figures in the UK:

DS: 23,000
GBA SP: 10,000
PSP: 8,000

and the week before

DS: 24,000
PSP: 18,000

Looks like the PSP is already somehow running out of steam in a country where Nintendo is most hated and Sony is most revered.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

That gap between the DS and PSP seems to be unbelievable large... I figured it would be somewhat close. Either way, good for the DS.

Posted by Speedfreak

I'm amazed, frankly. I thought DS would win Christmas, but I had no idea it'd be by this much.

Posted by bazariah

sweet... it's nice to see ninty getting the much needed number one spot :D

simpy put though theres naff all on psp worth playing curently

i also feel nintendogs has had a good effect on the sales figures, a few bods i know recently got DS's to play the game.... it truley is the current day pokemon of the DS.. it's killer app if you would

Posted by Speedfreak

If that isn't, Advance Wars, Castlevania of Mario Kart will be.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Most people are just waiting for the PSP to drop in price. Shouldn't be too long, the DS is already been dropped down to $130.

Quoting Speedfreak: If that isn't, Advance Wars, Castlevania of Mario Kart will be.

Most likely Mario Kart. You hear a lot of hype on DS Online and Mario Kart (which supports it) coming out the same day. If the DS Online thing flies well, it's sale figures may very well double.

Posted by Drewboy64

I hope the DS continues to do well. And god, when Mario kart comes out worldwide... Massive fun for everyone.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

I'm looking so forward to racing all of you on Mario Kart DS.

Posted by GameMiestro

I looking to go on Metroid Prime Hunters (which will be online! :) )

Has there ever been an example of a system coming out before another comparitable system, and the later system getting better sales? Think about these examples:

GBA vs NGage-GBA wins
PS2 vs Gamecube and XBox-PS2 wins
Nintendo vs Sony- Nintendo wins (wait- the NES did come out first, right?)

And now, this is the first solid evidence that my predictions are coming true. Lets hope it stays that way.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Linkman]I'm looking so forward to racing all of you on Mario Kart DS.

Son, bring it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Nintendo vs Sony- Nintendo wins (wait- the NES did come out first, right?)

Of course. Wasn't it released in '86?

Posted by boomstick

Quoting GameMiestro: Nintendo vs Sony- Nintendo wins (wait- the NES did come out first, right?

If you're talking about the PSP Vs. DS thing, the real handheld wars has hardly begun, remember back in the N64 and PS1 days, N64 did take a quite nice lead, but at the end of the two consoles lives, it was a very different story.

DS may continue it's lead, but when more software and games come to the PSP then it'll start heating up between the two.

Posted by Drewboy64

All I know is I hope the DS does well. If it doesn't that's alright, because I will have Mario Kart DS and Metroid Hunters online and the PSP-only owners won't.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Drewboy64: All I know is I hope the DS does well. If it doesn't that's alright, because I will have Mario Kart DS and Metroid Hunters online and the PSP-only owners won't.

Actually, if it doesn't do well, then it could be very bad for Nintendo, but it seems to, so it looks like that may not be that big of a worry as long as it keeps going like this.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=boomstick]If you're talking about the PSP Vs. DS thing, the real handheld wars has hardly begun, remember back in the N64 and PS1 days, N64 did take a quite nice lead, but at the end of the two consoles lives, it was a very different story.

DS may continue it's lead, but when more software and games come to the PSP then it'll start heating up between the two.

That's just it, there aren't any. The PSP has the exact same problem the N64 did. More expensive development and more difficult development. It's also in the same position the N64 was, it has a massive brand name behind it and, at it's respective launches it outsold the DS massively. But now it's really starting to slow down and DS is only gaining more and more momentum. What does PSP have to compete against DSs absolutely massive line-up for next year?

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Speedfreak: That's just it, there aren't any. The PSP has the exact same problem the N64 did. More expensive development and more difficult development. It's also in the same position the N64 was, it has a massive brand name behind it and, at it's respective launches it outsold the DS massively. But now it's really starting to slow down and DS is only gaining more and more momentum. What does PSP have to compete against DSs absolutely massive line-up for next year?

I don't know, go to IGN and check the releases for yourself, anyway I was just saying I think it'll heat up, I personally don't care that much, neither the PSP or DS has had anything enough to persuade me to buy, I'm not in the war, yet so I was just a bystander making a prediction.