Posted by MajorMadMax

Howdy everyone, I am new here as I just came across my VirtualBoy in a box from our recent move back to the States. My wife bought it for me years ago, and every couple of years I will dig it out and play with it for a while. I have a couple of games (Red Alarm, Golf, Virtual League Baseball, Teleroboxer, Galactic Pinball and Mario's Tennis), most of which are probably not worth much but are fun to play. I came across this site when doing a quick Google search on 'Virtual Boy,' so I thought I would join in. Glad to hear there are still some VB fans out there!

Cheers! M2

Posted by GameMiestro

Well, this is probably the right place... though it may take a week or so to get a response to one of your posts.

Posted by lameboyadvance

Welcome to Video Game Chat, M2.

I hope you'll enjoy it here. :)

This place does tend to be slow. There is another high (for VB ;)) traffic forum. You may also want to check out [url=http://www.vr32.de/]Planet Virtual Boy[/url] and their forum.
You can also find people on IRC in EFNet #virtualboy.

Posted by Boner

Welcome! I actually came across this site the same way you did. My parents would never buy me one when I was a kid. I had forgotten all about them until I bought my first Virtual Boy at a Flea Market about 2 years ago. My addiction has since grown and my collection is worthy of buying a safe for, lol. If you are looking to pick up more games for the thing, you should check ebay on a regular basis. You will get an idea of the value of your games and a general idea of how much you should really spend on them. Ebay used to have a few pages of VB auctions. Over the past year or so, they have really dwindled down a lot. If you plan on adding to your collection, I suggest you do so while you still can. It's always good to see another VB fan!

Posted by GameMiestro

I played some Mario game on the VB once. I kept dying, the controller was too confusing...

Posted by Pete

Quoting GameMiestro: I played some Mario game on the VB once. I kept dying, the controller was too confusing...

If kids today can manage a PS2 or Xbox controller, (Especially the Xbox controller ;)), then they can easily deal with the VB one. Hell, have a look at the similarities in a PS and VB controller....who came first :)

Posted by lameboyadvance

Quoting Pete: Hell, have a look at the similarities in a PS and VB controller....who came first :)

It all depends on whose lawyers you're going to believe. :p:

Posted by Pete

Quoting lameboyadvance: It all depends on whose lawyers you're going to believe. :p:

Well, I can see Sony trying to prove they had the design way before Nintendo on the controller...

And then Nintendo trying to use the Chewbacca defence....;)

Posted by lameboyadvance

Quoting Pete: And then Nintendo trying to use the Chewbacca defence....;)
/me learns a new legal term.

...And remembers an old South Park episode. :D

Posted by The Ripley

I may be a newbie, but I'm on plenty of other forums, and always look for the introduce yourself section. Perhaps we outta give you a map of the internet. Just messin with ya, welcome aboard!