LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth

Posted by Pacifico

This strategy game by EA is a real addictive game. It seems to put the whole LOTR/EA Franchise in a new and diffrent perspective. Just like other strategy games, like Starcraft, Warcraft, you can control huge armies just themed and based off the LOTR movies. This game seems to be a great change in LoTR games.

Posted by Jediknight

First I'd like to say that LOTR games are coming out of the woodwork. Now about Battle for Middle Earth one of the many problems with this game is that some of the Heros are invinceable ( when played properly ) such include Gandalf when combined with the Gandalf the White passive power is a mounted tank. He can kill entire Hordes with the Wizard blast power, zap tons more with the Lightning Sword power and kill a Nazgul in one hit with Istari light. Speaking of witch the Nazgul get owned by Gandalf and Legolas which makes them useless when trying to beat Rohan and Gondor.That and even though Mordor gets some of the best units in the game ( the Soldier of Rhun and the Mountain Troll and the Catapult ) those units are useless when trying to kill Gandalf or Rohans many Heros. I also hate the fact that when they tried to balence Rohan out by adding Merry, Gimli, Legolas, Argorn, Eomer, Eowyn and Theoden EA failed misribly and made Rohan almost invinceable.Comments??

Posted by GreyFox38

Quoting Jediknight: First I'd like to say that LOTR games are coming out of the woodwork. Now about Battle for Middle Earth one of the many problems with this game is that some of the Heros are invinceable ( when played properly ) such include Gandalf when combined with the Gandalf the White passive power is a mounted tank. He can kill entire Hordes with the Wizard blast power, zap tons more with the Lightning Sword power and kill a Nazgul in one hit with Istari light. Speaking of witch the Nazgul get owned by Gandalf and Legolas which makes them useless when trying to beat Rohan and Gondor.That and even though Mordor gets some of the best units in the game ( the Soldier of Rhun and the Mountain Troll and the Catapult ) those units are useless when trying to kill Gandalf or Rohans many Heros. I also hate the fact that when they tried to balence Rohan out by adding Merry, Gimli, Legolas, Argorn, Eomer, Eowyn and Theoden EA failed misribly and made Rohan almost invinceable.Comments??

Wait........ WHAT?!

Posted by Lethal Shadow

Way to revive an almost 3 month old thread.

Posted by Sneak

Quoting Jediknight: First I'd like to say that LOTR games are coming out of the woodwork. Now about Battle for Middle Earth one of the many problems with this game is that some of the Heros are invinceable ( when played properly ) such include Gandalf when combined with the Gandalf the White passive power is a mounted tank. He can kill entire Hordes with the Wizard blast power, zap tons more with the Lightning Sword power and kill a Nazgul in one hit with Istari light. Speaking of witch the Nazgul get owned by Gandalf and Legolas which makes them useless when trying to beat Rohan and Gondor.That and even though Mordor gets some of the best units in the game ( the Soldier of Rhun and the Mountain Troll and the Catapult ) those units are useless when trying to kill Gandalf or Rohans many Heros. I also hate the fact that when they tried to balence Rohan out by adding Merry, Gimli, Legolas, Argorn, Eomer, Eowyn and Theoden EA failed misribly and made Rohan almost invinceable.Comments??

Yea they fixed gandalf's problem. And they balanced the powers out a little bit. I agree. Rohan and Gondor do have an advantage with heros, but don't mordor and isengaurd have an advantage when it comes to gathering resources?

[Quote]invinceable
you mean invincible right? O_o

Posted by NegativeTrend

Must...resist....quoting Lethal Shadow...

Posted by Shanuti Aborina

Quoting Jediknight: EA failed misribly and made Rohan almost invinceable.Comments??

[FONT=Papyrus]
[COLOR=DarkRed]I find Rohan the worst, when you need a power to make your foot-soldiers armed, and your base units cost over twice as much as everyone elses :\. Gondor are the best, cheap, strong, scouting units, and a better range of units.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Jediknight

Quoting Sneak: Yea they fixed gandalf's problem. And they balanced the powers out a little bit. I agree. Rohan and Gondor do have an advantage with heros, but don't mordor and isengaurd have an advantage when it comes to gathering resources?

true, Modor and Isenguard have an advantage in gathering resources but take away those resouces and all you have is some of the worst units in the game. example Orc warriors...their useless unless they attack in overwhelming numbers but even massive numbers is useless whengondor summons Ents or when gondor summons the Riders of Rohan Orcs are useless against riders and Ents....and all it take sto own a Troll is a few squads of archers...

Posted by ZWillis12

for some reason, i always get game.dat error when i try to play this game, it also happens when i try to play LOTR:BFME2. it also lags alot