Metroid Pinball Rumble pack revealed

Posted by Drewboy64

This game looks pretty good, although there are lots of people that are more excited about it than me.

Here's the rumble pack that comes with the game.
http://media.ds.ign.com/articles/659/659378/imgs_1.html

Posted by Klarth

It's a GBA cartridge?

Wonder what happens if you put it in a GBA.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Thank God it doesn't stick out of the handheld. And finally, a use for the GBA holder in the DS box.

Posted by Zeta

That's pretty interesting, but I'd rather not get the Rumble Pak. Don't want the DS shaking outta my hands.

[quote]Wonder what happens if you put it in a GBA.

Sex toy :-*

Posted by Speedfreak

Nothing, the GBA won't even boot up.

Quoted post: That's pretty interesting, but I'd rather not get the Rumble Pak. Don't want the DS shaking outta my hands.

The rumble won't be that strong. Unless you're really weak, and if that was the case you wouldn't even be able to lift the DS.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Vampiro]Thank God it doesn't stick out of the handheld. And finally, a use for the GBA holder in the DS box.

If you cram a Monster Brain in the GBA slot, you can play original GB games through it. Scary, but true.

Posted by Drewboy64

Unfortunately, Craig from IGN said it was too loud and wasn't good. Hopefully his was defected, or at least Nintendo will fix it before it comes out.

Too loud? From what I've seen in videos, the sound is excellent. Though, I don't care either way. If it is too loud, that's what volume is for.

Posted by VicE

The Rumble Pack seems like a pretty interesting idea, I wonder if they'll make any other add-on thingies that go in through the GBA slot.

Quoting GameMiestro: If you cram a Monster Brain in the GBA slot, you can play original GB games through it. Scary, but true.

...Seriously? Because I think I have one of those lying around somewhere. I'd be too afraid of somehow damaging the game or DS though (don't know how that'd happen, but I'm paranoid with unliscensed peripherals like that).

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Vampiro: Too loud? From what I've seen in videos, the sound is excellent. Though, I don't care either way. If it is too loud, that's what volume is for.

Videos? Where?

IGN

Posted by Drewboy64

I don't see any Videos...

http://media.ds.ign.com/media/729/729293/vids_1.html

How'd you miss them?

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=VicE]...Seriously? Because I think I have one of those lying around somewhere. I'd be too afraid of somehow damaging the game or DS though (don't know how that'd happen, but I'm paranoid with unliscensed peripherals like that).

It worked with Tetris. However, it took me a while to get it right. It doesn't fit in very evenly. Heck, this problem even happened on my GBA...

Posted by thelaststand

can i get just the rumble pack

Posted by Speedfreak

Why would you get the rumble pack by itself when only one game supports it, and that one game is the one it's packaged with?

Exactly. I could understand if it worked with other games, but it doesn't. It would just be a novelty that you wasted good money on.

Plus, it's free with Prime Pinball...

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Vampiro: http://media.ds.ign.com/media/729/729293/vids_1.html

How'd you miss them?

I thought you meant videos of the rumble pack in use, not hte game. The game doesn't show anything about the rumble pack, whcih is why it seemed so "quite." From other sources, though, I've heard the pack works nicely.

Oh, and if you were picking up a game like Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, it would make some sense to want to buy the pack alone; the game is supposed to support it.

But yeah, i might get this game, or my brother will.

Quoted post: I thought you meant videos of the rumble pack in use, not hte game. The game doesn't show anything about the rumble pack, whcih is why it seemed so "quite." From other sources, though, I've heard the pack works nicely.

OH, I thought you were talking about the music, not the rumble. My mistake. Either way, according to the Gamespot review, you can hear it, but usually when the volume is turned down low. So it's not a big deal. I'll be picking it up this week anyways. Give my opinion then.

Posted by Drewboy64

Oh.
Yeah, I hope the pack turns out good and that it works with other games. Metroid Prime Hunters, perhaps?

Posted by thelaststand

Quoting Speedfreak: Why would you get the rumble pack by itself when only one game supports it, and that one game is the one it's packaged with?

oooo i thought it worked with different games

Posted by junior senior

I want that. So badly.

So many games I don't even remember them the time I get to the store. :(

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting thelaststand: oooo i thought it worked with different games

I think it was said that Mario and Luigi will work with it, but I'm not sure. I hope more games take advantage of this pack.

Posted by GameMiestro

Its sort of like the GBA wireless link. They made 2 games that worked with it, then sold it seperately for $25.00... I hope EVERYONE does not buy the Rumble Pack seperately.

Posted by Drewboy64

If they are gonna sell the rumble pack sepeartely, they might sell it online only, like what they are doing with the Wifi USB port.