Phil Anselmo Speaks

Posted by Shin-Ra

Phil Anselmo (ex-Pantera) recently spoke out about Dimebag's death in an 'interview' posted on the Superjoint Ritual website (http://www.superjointritual.com/).

I honestly don't know what to say about this video. I've heard people say that it's 'emotional' which is hard for me to believe. Phil is clearly too strung out on drugs to make himself sound 'genuine' and he just comes off as a stoned moron with the speech skills of a professional wrestler. Then again, I'm sure that he's emotionally distraught and the years of drug abuse would have quite a negative effect on one's oratory skills, so he might be serious. I dunno, watch the interview for yourself.

Also, he says that we won't be seeing him for some time. So, I guess he means no more Superjoint Ritual albums? I've never bought one (and never will) but I did see them at Ozzfest last year, and they seemed to have quite a few fans. So, sucks for them.

Posted by cheese_muncher

He seemed pretty ****ed off (or maybe he was just ****ed) wouldn't you be if someone you knew got killed? i would so maybe it's just that he is just annoyed. Or it could be the drugs, or maybe he was brought up like that. I dunno