Well, just got back from the Katrina Impacted Gulf Coast

Posted by Landon

A few observations...

1) It confirms every racial stereotype that has ever existed to a degree so undeniable that if I were king of the world, I would shut down the entire country and march every citizen straight down there just to see 'who' does 'what'.

2) If there ever was a reminder that big government boondoggles are stupid 'well intentioned' lunacies perpetrated by well meaning bleeding heart types, the relief efforts would be it. One Church or Synagogue does 10X the work for 100X less money than the Red Cross

3) Do not donate your money to the Red Cross.
You are much better off just flushing it straight down the toilet.

4) For all of you hand-wringing types who are totally oblivious to the concept of individual self defense, I would pay you $1000 to spend 4 hours in the 9th Ward of New Orleans. After you were assraped, killed and cut up into a million pieces, at least I wouldn't have to hear any arguments about 'socioeconomics' being the root cause of your murder.

5) We all may be equal in gods eyes, but here in the real world, we aren't.
Like it or not.

6) It's just so sad... The devastation is so complete and so thorough it's indescribable.

7) Fei-on is still a sniveling crybaby, Bebob still has the IQ of an orange

8) New Orleans Police are so corrupt it is beyond words. Never, ever ever ever under any circumstances go to that city for any reason.
Other than it being one of the murder capitals of the US, the police aren't there to 'protect' you.

9) Mississippi is always derided as being a 'backwards' state. This is incorrect, at least as far as the Gulf Coast is concerned.

10) The cultural loss is terrible. The drive along I90 had some of the most spectacular Antebellum architecture in the USA. It's all gone.

11) See #7

Posted by Richaod

What I find particularly concerning is that you say the Red Cross is useless. How so? Are they corrupt, inept, government-controlled (lol)? Etc.

Hey, it was a wake-up call. It probably didn't work, but whatever.

Posted by Landon

It's hard to explain and remain brief, but i'll try.

The Red Cross works on a system of 'volunteers'.
I'd say 90% of these people are retirees, as most other people just can't take months off at a time to travel across the country to respond to a disaster.

Anyway, each individual receives a rental car, a hotel and a Daily Living Allowance. In short, figure each 'volunteer' you see there costs about $100 USD.
Serving soup?
$100 a day.

Delivering supplies?
$100 a day.

Here's the catch.
For every one that is actually performing a function, there are at least ten who are sitting around and drinking coffee (@ $100 a day 'expenses')

Anyway, without carrying on and pontificating and spewing anecdotes, this says it all, right here.

Red Cross President Marsha Evans
Salary: $651,957

United Way President Brian Gallagher
$375,000 base salary (plus numerous expensive benefits- Jet Travel, etc)

Salvation Armys Head Man Todd Bassett receives $13,000 per year plus housing

Those bloated, boondoggle Federal 'charities' only exist to get more and more funding and perpetuate the jobs of the people at the top. It's disgusting, and what I saw confirmed it all in spades.

Posted by higbvuyb

It's not the racial stereotype that's correct. It's the cycle of poverty, and that some types people are poorer than others because their families were poor when they arrived in the US.

And I'll have to agree, those are a bit bloated. Except that $13,000 salary, which isn't that much. Unfortunately, we don't have any better, and somehting is better than nothing.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Landon: It's hard to explain and remain brief, but i'll try.

The Red Cross works on a system of 'volunteers'.
I'd say 90% of these people are retirees, as most other people just can't take months off at a time to travel across the country to respond to a disaster.

Anyway, each individual receives a rental car, a hotel and a Daily Living Allowance. In short, figure each 'volunteer' you see there costs about $100 USD.
Serving soup?
$100 a day.

Delivering supplies?
$100 a day.

Here's the catch.
For every one that is actually performing a function, there are at least ten who are sitting around and drinking coffee (@ $100 a day 'expenses')

Anyway, without carrying on and pontificating and spewing anecdotes, this says it all, right here.

Red Cross President Marsha Evans
Salary: $651,957

United Way President Brian Gallagher
$375,000 base salary (plus numerous expensive benefits- Jet Travel, etc)

Salvation Armys Head Man Todd Bassett receives $13,000 per year plus housing

Those bloated, boondoggle Federal 'charities' only exist to get more and more funding and perpetuate the jobs of the people at the top. It's disgusting, and what I saw confirmed it all in spades.

Wow, that's... really, really sad. I'll keep that in mind next time I have a wave of sympathy. They should serve their own soup. :(

Well hey, our school just got a completely unnecessary multiple-thousand dollar LCD screen and they're asking us to donate to a school being built in Zambia. and I rofld.

Posted by higbvuyb

That LCD screen is only several hundreds of dollars,and anyway, that's the library auxillary for you. At least the school IS don't something. I don't see you forgoing a Dream Theater CD to donate to charity, I see you pirate it, and use the money elsewhere.

Posted by Landon

Quoting higbvuyb: It's not the racial stereotype that's correct. It's the cycle of poverty, and that some types people are poorer than others because their families were poor when they arrived in the US.

No, the stereotype played itself out so accurately it was almost as if it were a scripted play.

Root causes of problems are very important to determine in the post game analysis. Root causes don't, however, negate 'reality' as the apologist types seem to think they do.

If your house is burning down, you don't sit on the sidewalk philosophically waxing and lamenting over the injustice of the matchstick that caused it.
You get a hose and put it out.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Landon]You get a hose and put it out.
Most people would call the fire department.

Oh, and read this: [URL="http://www.conservativetruth.org/article.php?id=663"]http://www.conservativetruth.org/article.php?id=663[/URL]

This is very upsetting. Notice how the Salvation army is actually a group of churches, not really a charity... I guess that helps your theory.

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Landon: No, the stereotype played itself out so accurately it was almost as if it were a scripted play.

Root causes of problems are very important to determine in the post game analysis. Root causes don't, however, negate 'reality' as the apologist types seem to think they do.

You can't think like that. If you have a set A and a set B, and their 'intersection' includes most of their elements, but not all, A =/= B. It's not 'people of this race have this property', it's 'many people of this race have this property which results in this other property'

And why did you go to New Orleans anyway?

Posted by Arwon

Landon, why does every thread you've posted in ask me for the password to some server called "nanticokepa.com"?

Posted by Landon

Quoting higbvuyb: You can't think like that. If you have a set A and a set B, and their 'intersection' includes most of their elements, but not all, A =/= B. It's not 'people of this race have this property', it's 'many people of this race have this property which results in this other property'

There are some truisms in this world that some people just refuse to accept. No matter how plainly correct or basically understandable they are, a segment of the population has been conditioned to do anything in their power to either refute or deny these truths.

If there is any question about this, I would suggest one look at higbvuyb's post right there.

I literally laughed out loud.
Aside from making essentially no sense from a structural standpoint, the motivation behind it was so transparent that it amuses me to see people continue on with such garbage actually believing that others buy into it.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/vilsk/AynRand.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Azusa

Suprisingly, I agreed with a large potion of what you had the say about the state of New Orleans. A week or two ago I had to write a paper about the sociological state of post Katrina New Orleans, and alot of the points you stressed were also in my paper. Why did you go to New Orleans, though? Just out of curiosity.

Posted by Landon

I went to help with the relief efforts in Mississippi and Louisiana.

Posted by GameMiestro

Really though, read that website I posted. Its interesting.

Posted by Bebop

Orleans is the new hell? Red Cross isn't actually doing much? Shock horror! Here's Landon to the rescue with the old news!

Posted by Lord of Spam

For the stereotype to be true, EVERYSINGLE PERSON WOULD HAVE TO CONFORM. If you knew one person, jsut one, that was black but didnt conform, if would disprove it. You may not know any, but I do, so you "zomg teh negroes r merderers lol" is bull.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

much like how conservs are idiots?

Posted by Lord of Spam

Exactly. To say that all conservatives are stupid is itself a false statement. I may not agree with certain views that are typicaly held by that particular group, but I also try not to label the entire group stupid. Instead I try to specify that MOST of the conservatives I have met were morons. :D

Edit: and if that was an attempt at a jab at me, then its was misplaced. Hig is the one that has most of the "conservs are retarded lol" stuff going on. The farthest I remember going is a parody of the "homosexuals are possesed by demons" things, which was just satire, and not to be taken seriously.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

nah, it was sniper, and hig who said it. I just wanted to see how you responded, as both of those two are, in fact, idiots

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Lord of Spam: For the stereotype to be true, EVERYSINGLE PERSON WOULD HAVE TO CONFORM.

I was under the impression that to become an adult african-american, you had to brave the caucashian man's house at night and make off with his TV. A coming-of-age ceremony, or right of passage, if you will.

Have the knights of the Klu Klux Klan informed me under biased impressions?

Posted by sniper

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: nah, it was sniper, and hig who said it. I just wanted to see how you responded, as both of those two are, in fact, idiots

What? That doesn't sound like something I would say. Not seriously at least.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Ah, Landon. Still feeling the need to belittle others because you have nothing on which to build yourself up. Yeah, you're right, it's a lot easier just to bring others down.

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: much like how conservs are idiots?

Party politics in general is a retarded idea. I don't vote based on party affiliation, I vote on who I think is the best man for the job, regardless of party. There are some democrats that I think are decent, and there are some republicans, too. Neither is particularly more than any other.

And Landon, if you're actually insinuating that white people aren't ever commiting crimes, you're downright insane. Yeah, you may see a lot of black people there, but I'll bet you that there are white people, too.

Posted by Speedfreak

The average American Christian is a crazy, censoring, ignorant fuck. I can do it too!

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Speedfreak: The average American Christian is a crazy, censoring, ignorant fuck. I can do it too!

To regularly attend any Christian Church, you'd have to be. There's no other way that you can make that idea make sense.

Posted by Speedfreak

Apart from a good old-fashioned lobotomy.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Actually, in truth, I believe people resort to that religion out of desperation. My mom was a heavy drug user, and landed herself in jail. While in jail, she hit the bottom of her rope. So she turned to "G*d", and found comfort. I think the comfort came from within, and she simply called it "G*d", but that doesn't matter to her.

I don't care if the religion is "true" or not. It makes people happy. Knowing the truth about things is rarely a glamourous thing. Knowing that when you die, nothing happens after that, all of you accomplishments, and your whole life, means nothing in a split second, when you die. That's pretty bleak, if you ask me. It would be nice to go to paradise for eternity, and you know, that whole thing, but let's be honest, it just doesn't piece together.

I personally don't care about happiness, as long as I can knowledge. I'll keep learning how bleak life really is, and gain satisfaction that I now know more than I did before.

Posted by Speedfreak

I'm not actually trying to attack Christianity, I'm just trying to make it apparent to Landon that he's completely crazy by doing the same thing he's doing. Coming out with total crap.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Speedfreak: I'm not actually trying to attack Christianity, I'm just trying to make it apparent to Landon that he's completely crazy by doing the same thing he's doing. Coming out with total crap.

You'll never convince Landon of anything he doesn't already believe, and that's gonna be his downfall, I think.

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Speedfreak: The average American Christian is a crazy, censoring, ignorant fuck. I can do it too!

Stop lieing.

Only we can do it as flawlessly as it deserves to be done.

You British people are too smart and stuff.

With your big...uh...smart words.

Posted by Landon

Quoting Speedfreak: I'm not actually trying to attack Christianity, I'm just trying to make it apparent to Landon that he's completely crazy by doing the same thing he's doing. Coming out with total crap.

What the hell are you talking about?

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Landon: What the hell are you talking about?

If you were Metal Vox, you'd put that quote in your sig for the next 9 months.

But Landon, I must ask, are you a human? As in, homosapien sapien? You know, like most others are?

EDIT - You haven't responded yet, so I'll just get to my point.

You see, Landon, humans have a tendency to make 'mistakes'. It's not abnormal, in fact, it's totally natural. We do things that we ought not to, and it's happens everyday, to someone, somewhere in the world.

But you've failed to accept that you're of the same species as the rest of the world because you could never admit that there is slight chance that you've figured incorrectly.

Get over yourself. You're just like me and everyone else in the world. We all prettymuch do the same sh*t, just in different ways. The biggest thing that seperates you and I is that I strive to find truth, even if it means swallowing my pride and admitting that my previous idea was flawed. You, on the other hand, strive to prove that you already know all facets of truth because you won't accept that someone else could potentially have figured something in a better way than you.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Quoting Fei-on: Actually, in truth, I believe people resort to that religion out of desperation. My mom was a heavy drug user, and landed herself in jail. While in jail, she hit the bottom of her rope. So she turned to "G*d", and found comfort. I think the comfort came from within, and she simply called it "G*d", but that doesn't matter to her.

I don't care if the religion is "true" or not. It makes people happy. Knowing the truth about things is rarely a glamourous thing. Knowing that when you die, nothing happens after that, all of you accomplishments, and your whole life, means nothing in a split second, when you die. That's pretty bleak, if you ask me. It would be nice to go to paradise for eternity, and you know, that whole thing, but let's be honest, it just doesn't piece together.

I personally don't care about happiness, as long as I can knowledge. I'll keep learning how bleak life really is, and gain satisfaction that I now know more than I did before.

I really don't see what's so illogical about their being a god, I mean it may not be the christian god but there could be a supreme being. A supreme being making the earth makes alot more sense to me then the scientific theory. The scientific theory would be like taking a giant 300 piece puzzle throwing it all on the floor and expecting all the pieces to fall in the right order. That just doesnt make sense to me. Life doesnt have to be so bleak. I suggest spending less time on vgchat.;)

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Shin_Akuma: I really don't see what's so illogical about their being a god, I mean it may not be the christian god but there could be a supreme being. A supreme being making the earth makes alot more sense to me then the scientific theory. The scientific theory would be like taking a giant 300 piece puzzle throwing it all on the floor and expecting all the pieces to fall in the right order. That just doesnt make sense to me. Life doesnt have to be so bleak. I suggest spending less time on vgchat.;)

Its obvious;y FAR more logical to think that a mystical, all powerful, unobservable force shapes everything than to think that over the course of an infinite amount of time, life could form out of natural occurances. I mean, come on, these scientists are full of crap anyway. If you ask me, the world is flat, and we're being lied to.:rolleyes:

Posted by Landon

Quoting Fei-on: The biggest thing that seperates you and I
Aside from about 40 IQ points and a truly objective outlook...

Quoted post: is that I strive to find truth, even if it means swallowing my pride and admitting that my previous idea was flawed. You, on the other hand, strive to prove that you already know all facets of truth because you won't accept that someone else could potentially have figured something in a better way than you.

No, it's that you're still a lost little boy who is mystified by the world, trying to find your way.
I'm older than you are and have obviously seen much, much more than you have (In spite of the fact that every 19/20/21/22 year old is just positive that they've really seen it all and that their life has been harder than everyone elses...)

There are a number of things that you are still trying to understand that i've already learned.
Print this thread out and keep it for the next ten years.
THen re-read it.
You will laugh at yourself, just like I look back at myself when I was younger and laugh.

Posted by Speedfreak

I bet you're sixteen.

Posted by Bebop

I'm curious about Lanon'd age actually. Naturally it can't be 2 digits if his main retort is a variation of "your dumb and my balls are huge".

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

not many people can boast an age that is bigger than two digits

Posted by Bebop

Oh hush it was a typo which has been corrected ;-*

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Landon: Aside from about 40 IQ points and a truly objective outlook...

I tested at 149, and that was with an actual professional IQ test, not some stupid internet one.

Are you insinuating that your IQ is 189?

Your outlook is not remotely objective, and I'm shocked that you'd claim such. You have a predisposition about everything you encounter. Anytime anyone tells you anything, you already know what you think of it, before they even say it. That's not objective. It wouldn't matter who is wrong or right to you because you aren't able to accept that you may be wrong, ever.

Posted by The Judge

I got 164. And that was AFTER two serious head injuries. I now have suspicions that the movie "Baby Genuises" was inspired by my childhood.

Either way, this argument has just gotten to the point of bickering. Stop it, you two.

Posted by Fate

Hey, **** everyone's IQ. This isn't some e-balls pageant or something.

Landon, quit personally attacking other members.

Posted by The Judge

This is an e-brain (ie. e-penis) competition in its purest form. Back off, woman.

Posted by Fate

>:|

Leave your dicks out of this.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Fate: >:|

Leave your dicks out of this.

This is clearly a dick-based argument. You've forcefully involved your vagina, which was wholly unwelcome.

Take your hot breasts and hot vagina elsewhere, you dickless freak.

Posted by Arwon

Quoting Fei-on: I tested at 149, and that was with an actual professional IQ test, not some stupid internet one.

Are you insinuating that your IQ is 189?

Your outlook is not remotely objective, and I'm shocked that you'd claim such. You have a predisposition about everything you encounter. Anytime anyone tells you anything, you already know what you think of it, before they even say it. That's not objective. It wouldn't matter who is wrong or right to you because you aren't able to accept that you may be wrong, ever.

Objectivity is overrated and, well, a stupid myth, anyway.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

this thread has discouraged my faith in IQ tests.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

it's cute how sniper stalks me the way that he does. He's so jealous. Aren't you wittle snipewrrr. Awen't youuu.

Posted by Bebop

I thought snipers were supposed to follow people discretly, from affair.

Also, cocks.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Cocks you say? I'll take a bushel!

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Bebop: I thought snipers were supposed to follow people discretly, from affair.

Also, cocks.

I thought Brits were supposed to spell everything correctly.

Now you see where stereotyping gets you?

Well I've got something for you, mister; an ugly little word called prejudice.

Posted by sniper

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: this thread has discouraged my faith in IQ tests.

I came across a post by you where you bumped a thread that had no posts in the past year and derepped you for doing it for one hell of a dumb reason.

Speaking of stalking, didn't you just recently derep me? I don't even post that much. This was in DA, where you never post regularly.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

you derep me quite often, and I can't remember the last time it was warranted. I returned the rep for an equally stupid reason, just finding some idiotic post you made in some idiotic blog, you idiotic idiot. I mean really, after hearing who the pruported geniuses are in this thread, based on IQ tests, I literally said "well IQ tests aren't a consistent method for determining intelligence anymore." So I posted it as a reply. Get off my nuts, stalker boy.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting The Judge: I thought Brits were supposed to spell everything correctly.

Now you see where stereotyping gets you?

Well I've got something for you, mister; an ugly little word called prejudice.

Since when was that a British stereotype? :canada:

Posted by Death-By-Minnow

When I first started reading this I was wondering why the thread was made so recently. Then i realized its almost 2 years old and laughed.

Thanks BJ =)

Posted by Random

I've heard a few things about the katrina impact area. A woman I know, lived in Houston TX, and she said a lot of victims from Katrina were sent to the Houston area. Apparently the crime level sky rocketed in Houston.

Secondly from people I know who went to fix the area, said some people who were better off were receiving more help than people who needed it and it wasn't a racial thing at all.

Also recently a report came out saying we overpaid the average person down there by $150,000... AND YET THEY STILL WANT MONEY.

First off.. It was a tragedy it sucks. But whining and trying to take our tax paying money isn't going to fix anything. If we heavily overpayed, then why do they still want more money? Greed.. The money didn't go where it should have..

Secondly, its their own dumb faults for living below sea level. Like I said its a tragedy but it was bound to happen.

It was nothing more than stupidity.. They deserve what they got. Its harsh to say but they obviously aren't the brightest of people. And yet they choose to rebuild there. The whole city of New Orleans is better off non existent.

On the other hand, I feel bad for the innocent lives in Louisiana and Mississippi that live above sea level, that haven't recieved much help. Truley ashame..

Which brings me to my next point, our government needs to work harder on cooperating with one another to solve and fix problems. Instead of the Governor not wanting help from the President in a time of crisis..

tsk tsk...

Posted by Roger Smith

2 years and still running strong.

I think I'm the only MS coast dweller here in VGC, and believe me...it wasn't a pretty sight when we got back down here. Quite a mess, quite a mess indeed. Army personnel were all up and down the beach directing the few cars that drove on the sand covered roads. There was a terrible smell around the whole beach area as well, and in some other places. Every building on the Point was pretty much wasted, and the few that were still standing were gutted out and looked about ready to collapse. There was debris everywhere; trees, business signs, garbage and pieces of most buildings. It was scary coming back down and pretty painful. Lots of ppl I knew either died or left like we did.

Hope nothing this major happens again in my lifetime.

Posted by Random

Quoting Roger Smith: 2 years and still running strong.

I think I'm the only MS coast dweller here in VGC, and believe me...it wasn't a pretty sight when we got back down here. Quite a mess, quite a mess indeed. Army personnel were all up and down the beach directing the few cars that drove on the sand covered roads. There was a terrible smell around the whole beach area as well, and in some other places. Every building on the Point was pretty much wasted, and the few that were still standing were gutted out and looked about ready to collapse. There was debris everywhere; trees, business signs, garbage and pieces of most buildings. It was scary coming back down and pretty painful. Lots of ppl I knew either died or left like we did.

Hope nothing this major happens again in my lifetime.

Its simply one of lifes things that will more so than not happen again. Its only a matter of time.

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

[quote=Random;637668]
It was nothing more than stupidity.. They deserve what they got. Its harsh to say but they obviously aren't the brightest of people. And yet they choose to rebuild there. The whole city of New Orleans is better off non existent.
Go eat some Cajun food and then come back and say that with a straight face. The whole city kicks *** just for the food.

Posted by The Judge

Hurricanes: The Voldemort of discussion topics.

Posted by mis0

[quote=Random]It was nothing more than stupidity.. They deserve what they got. Its harsh to say but they obviously aren't the brightest of people. And yet they choose to rebuild there. The whole city of New Orleans is better off non existent.
If they'd just get the Dutch to build them some **** levees this would be a non-issue in the future.

But that's besides the point, really. Most people live in stupid places: The plains have tornados, the north has brutal winters, the south gets hurricanes, the west coast has earthquakes, and the southwest has droughts and fires. Everywhere sucks. New Orleans just suffered a direct hit and had the misfortune of being protected by an outdated levee system.

But before you start *****ing, Random, remember that New Orleans serves as a major US port for, among other things, oil from the gulf. You wouldn't believe how much oil business is tied up in the area, (ie: drilling, a network of pipelines, refineries outputing 3 million barrels/day, storage, etc) and it's basically impossible to move infastructure. I bring this up as I remember you had a tantrum [url=http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=23133]here[/url] about "omfg gas is liek 2 expesiv!!". Yeah, and you think a major port would be better off "non-existant". Do you want to pay even more for gas, you cheapskate moron? :rolleyes:

I strongly advise you to just shut the **** up because clearly you don't understand the complexities of the world. Seriously. You ***** and complain, yet you advocate things that make you more miserable. It's not just irritating; it's depressing. Are you genuinely stupid or what?

Posted by Landon

[quote]S