Notre Dame

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

sad face. Good game, but man I'm disappointed.

Posted by veritas

They should have won. Penn State should of too.

Posted by Momentum

Quoting 2fast4u: They should have won. Penn State should of too.

If you can't close out a game or play well with the game on the line you probably don't deserve to win. It's why Michigan isn't good this year, and it's why Arizona State isn't good this year. They can't close out games. It's also why USC is still a great team. They know what to do when they need to do it. Notre Dame has also been that way for most of the year, too, but they just ran into a dynasty.

Being big in the clutch is what makes the good teams great.

Later

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

You can't honestly tell me that Notre Dame played worse than USC, or that USC played better than ND. They both played extremely well. The **** fell where it fell. I chalk that game up more to fortunate happenstance than "being better". ND returned a punt. ND got two interceptoins of that ballroom dancing Heisman candidate. That hasn't happened in 2 years. They both played equally well.

Posted by Momentum

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: You can't honestly tell me that Notre Dame played worse than USC, or that USC played better than ND. They both played extremely well. The **** fell where it fell. I chalk that game up more to fortunate happenstance than "being better". ND returned a punt. ND got two interceptoins of that ballroom dancing Heisman candidate. That hasn't happened in 2 years. They both played equally well.

Notre Dame is a great team this year, no doubt about it. But USC is on a roll of mythic proportions. Teams like that always seem to have an incredibly lucky streak.

I did not see that game, so I can't say anything for sure, who played better than who, but things seem to have been falling USC's way for a while now.

Later

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

oh HOO!
http://www.ncaa.org/library/rules/2005/2005_football_rules.pdf
page 117

Posted by Random

eh yeah this really has nothing to do with the topic but Momentum.. Can you stop saying "Later" everytime you post? Thats starting to irritate me :-)

Notre Dame did one hell of a job. So did Penn State. for Notre dame to play number 1 USC and Lose at the final seconds is pretty D*mn good.

As for Penn State to play and "Should have won" in Ann Arbor is amazing. Ann Arbor is the toughest place to play in the NCAA. It'll be tough for Penn State without Derrick williams now. He was used a lot lately. Now they'll need to look more to Bulter.

Posted by Momentum

Quoting SomebodyRandom: eh yeah this really has nothing to do with the topic but Momentum.. Can you stop saying "Later" everytime you post? Thats starting to irritate me :-)

Go through every post I've ever made on this board. You'll find a pattern.

It's just kind of something i do :D.

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Notre Dame did one hell of a job. So did Penn State. for Notre dame to play number 1 USC and Lose at the final seconds is pretty D*mn good.

As for Penn State to play and "Should have won" in Ann Arbor is amazing. Ann Arbor is the toughest place to play in the NCAA. It'll be tough for Penn State without Derrick williams now. He was used a lot lately. Now they'll need to look more to Bulter.

Agreed. Both programs are showing that they're once again getting back to their proud traditions of the past. Although not quite to the peak, they're close. Notre Dame is really close. Penn State is pretty good, good enough to win the Big 10 even, but not yet ready for a title run.

Later

Posted by Random

And I don't think Penn State will be for another 2-3 years for another chance at a title run. They have a lot of true freshman that are stepping up that will only be better. However Michael Robinson and most of Penn States defense at this time are Seniors so that'll be a problem. I think this year Penn State goes 10-1 at best, 8-3 at worst, next year I look for a 7-5 or 6-6 kind of year because they'll need to rebuild. But I think Penn State will be bowl caliber for at least a while.

Posted by El Capitan

Notre Dame should have won the game, Reggie Bush pushed Matt Leinart in the endzone and that is a personal foul.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

brady quinn is a beast