Bill Gates's Plan For Xbox360

Posted by blade527

In a recent issue of Time magazine, Microsoft

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Wow... who would have thought.

Posted by GameMiestro

What if Halo 3 is delayed? It could (and probably will) happen.

Posted by Random

Yeah Bill Gates also stated later on that it's not fully likely that it'll come out exactly when. He doesn't even know when the PS3 is to launch. This is really old news... Like I heard about this probably 5 months ago or more.

Posted by Klarth

It's not even true. He was kidding, it's just conjecture.

Posted by blade527

Yeah it could all have been a joke, I doubt it would work anyway. If people have their mind set on buying the ps3, they would buy the ps3. Its unlikely they'd buy halo3

Posted by Axis

Thanks for giving us an article from May, too.

Posted by craeZ4zelda92

yea, not too sure about being launched near PS3, i mean sony's releasing it in spring, and there was a rumor for halo 3 to be in june

Posted by Prince Shondronai

All he probably meant is that they'll release tons of info, screens, video, and maybe even a demo of Halo 3 right before ps3's launch.

Posted by The Punisher

It would be better if they released the game the day PS3 launched. Then when the Rev. comes out they should release Perfect Dark Zero. Just because they know they can make a lot of sales that way, since people will have money in their pockets, and be going to buy a new system, and they see this game...

Quoted post: It would be better if they released the game the day PS3 launched. Then when the Rev. comes out they should release Perfect Dark Zero. Just because they know they can make a lot of sales that way, since people will have money in their pockets, and be going to buy a new system, and they see this game...

Most people will only get the PS3, 360 and Rev through pre-orders on launch day. So whether they see the game or not, and would rather buy it, they have no choice. Unless they want to toss away fifty bucks.

Posted by boomstick

Bill Gates plan for Xbox 360= make more money and try to take yet another branch of entertainment under Microsoft.

Easy as that.

Posted by Random

It's all business. Each company tries their own ways to gain money. For example Microsoft wants to suprise and try to knock down competition by releasing something big when something of the othe companies comes out. Meanwhile I tend to notice the huge amounts of cash nintendo uses to advertise. They probably spend as much as microsoft and sony do combined. While Sony is well.. Sony and they built a good reputation that fell some but is still where most people want to get it because it's the brand they've preferred or the only brand they've tried the last few years. Though Sony advertises and makes decent business moves..

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Though Sony advertises and makes decent business moves..

They've domianted the market for nearly 10 years, I'm sure they're making some decent descisions.

Posted by veritas

There are very few game series that are good for X Box. Doom, and Halo. Thats all i know of. PS3 is gonna be better because their range of games are better.

YES 4 PORTS!!!!!

Posted by Linko_16

X-Box 360 really only has one plan:

Keep doing precisely as they are, but release a new console that makes it appear like they're advancing the gaming experience, which is also a delightful excuse to get more money out of witless supporters.

Posted by sniper

I love that GIF.

Posted by Linko_16

Show it to your friends, put it in your sig on other boards. I'm not trying to sound arrogant about it, but I created it in the first place out of surprise that no one'd noticed that the X-Box 360 really was the same ****ed thing.

Aren't all consoles pretty much the same thing? Rarely do they bring anything new to the table.

Posted by blade527

No they're not, each console is unique in its own way. I could go into a massive debate but that would take forever so here are the basic facts that make each console unique. The Gamecube is best if you like to play innovational games,
The xbox is best if you like polished up realistic games or if you like the exclusive games such as the Halo series... and online gameplay (xbox live)
The ps2 is the best if you like a large variety of games to choses from excluding the ps1 games it is also for those of you who enjoy the range of ps2 exclusive games.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

Yeah but what they are saying is that all the games are basically the same. The Xbox has sports, racing, and shooting games. The PS2 also has the same thing in its line up. Almost all sports, racing and shooting games that hit the Xbox hit the PS2. So what they are saying is that the systems basically have the same games on them with a few exculsive games.

Posted by misogenie

Halo3 for Xbox360. Half Life 3 for Playstation 3?... Sony would have to make a shooting game to better Microsoft's shooting game and console.:chainsaw:

Posted by brownoystercult

Um, Killzone 2 already looks like a contender, and I'm pretty **** sure that it will be a better game than Halo 3.

Posted by Axis

Quoting Roinkz: Um, Killzone 2 already looks like a contender, and I'm pretty **** sure that it will be a better game than Halo 3.

Killzone was a pre-rendered. Guerilla still hasn't a single good game I don't see why this one will be any different, quite frankly.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Axis: Killzone was a pre-rendered. Guerilla still hasn't a single good game I don't see why this one will be any different, quite frankly.

But it could be, just because Guerilla has made some crappy stuff in the past doesn't really curse all their games to the same fate.

Posted by Axis

Quoting boomstick: But it could be, just because Guerilla has made some crappy stuff in the past doesn't really curse all their games to the same fate.

I'm completely aware that it can be a good game. I'm just skeptical if it will or not.

Posted by Random

Quoting Roinkz: Um, Killzone 2 already looks like a contender, and I'm pretty **** sure that it will be a better game than Halo 3.

Even if the game itself was good, sony has crap controllers with inward analogs which make it hard to play FPS games.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Even if the game itself was good, sony has crap controllers with inward analogs which make it hard to play FPS games.
Personally, I like the sticks like that. But even if you disagree whats that have to do with the game? Gamecube's contoller sucks terribly for FPS's (and every other genre for that matter), but its still usable. The face buttons are stupid, the analog triggers are annoying, the c-stick is a piece of ****, but it gets the job done, if not very comfortably.

Also, let me say I predict Killzone will be garbage. How can you get excited over a sequal to a game that was pure **** but had an equal amount of hype? It will be NO competition.

Quoted post: No they're not, each console is unique in its own way. I could go into a massive debate but that would take forever so here are the basic facts that make each console unique. The Gamecube is best if you like to play innovational games,
The xbox is best if you like polished up realistic games or if you like the exclusive games such as the Halo series... and online gameplay (xbox live)
The ps2 is the best if you like a large variety of games to choses from excluding the ps1 games it is also for those of you who enjoy the range of ps2 exclusive games.

... that's not what I meant.

I meant the NES, SNES, N64, and GC were all pretty alike. So they changed a few things around, nothing really innovative.

The PS1 to PS2 to PS3. Pretty much the exact same, they just look better. But really, they all seem pretty much the exact same. Even right down to the controller.

And the Xbox to 360 is no exception. Nothing truly innovative or revolutionary. Just an upgrade from the last.

The Revolution is the only one that's straying... and even then not by much.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Vampiro]... that's not what I meant.

I meant the NES, SNES, N64, and GC were all pretty alike. So they changed a few things around, nothing really innovative.

The PS1 to PS2 to PS3. Pretty much the exact same, they just look better. But really, they all seem pretty much the exact same. Even right down to the controller.

And the Xbox to 360 is no exception. Nothing truly innovative or revolutionary. Just an upgrade from the last.

The Revolution is the only one that's straying... and even then not by much.

Thats why I've shunned consoles. If someone doesn't believe the DS has innovation, they''ve never played it.

Posted by nich

Quoting Vampiro: The Revolution is the only one that's straying... and even then not by much.

How much innovation were you looking for?

Posted by Last Fog

Why does everything have to be innovative to be considered good? There's nothing wrong with consoles just the way they are, and the games are still getting better, so why take a different route and an unecessary risk?

Posted by Speedfreak

Go home, do a little research, come back and edit that post.

Wait, wtf? GC has the best analog sticks out there by absolutely miles. They're the only sticks with octagonal ring guides around them, allowing you to lock the stick in specific, common directions. Monkey Ball on the Xbox or PS2 controller sucks.

Posted by Ghost_Sniper

You are totally right man after watching EP a while back my eyes were definitly opened to how much better and amazing in it self that Killzone 2 is goin to be. IT LOOKS CRAZY. And i am sure that it is goin to have 360 owners turnin theirs in just because of that launch game. (-:=

Quoted post: You are totally right man after watching EP a while back my eyes were definitly opened to how much better and amazing in it self that Killzone 2 is goin to be. IT LOOKS CRAZY

I won't doubt that it will look really good, but there's no way in hell any next-gen consoles are going to get CG-looking games at this point.

Posted by Speedfreak

They could get it looking like the CG in the cutscenes of Final Fantasy, say, but not the CG used in Star Wars or anything.

Posted by Axis

I've heard people saying that Kameo looks like CG.

[url=http://media.xboxyde.com/gallery/public/1990/273_0001.jpg]Image 1[/url]

If that doesn't do it for you, then look at the gameplay video: [url=http://www.xboxyde.com/news_2099_en.html]Kameo Presentation[/url]

My opinion: It looks **** good but not as good as a Toy Story graphics.

Posted by Speedfreak

Of course. Only the awesome power of the Emotion Engine in the PS2 can render Toy Story-like graphics.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Axis: Killzone was a pre-rendered.

The Killzone trailer shown at E3 this year was a real-time demo. The reason people made such a big deal about it was because it wasn't running on actual PS3 hardware, but on a PC with an nVidia graphics card similar to the company's RSX chip used for the PS3. The presentation was to give an idea of what the PS3 was capable of. For footage on what the PS3 can factually do, check the MGS4 trailer that was running, in real time, on a PS3 at TGS.

As for Bill Gates' comment, I heard on X-Play that, after talking to Microsoft representatives, that they shouldn't take Gates' statement seriously as nothing has been decided yet. I assume, like Ken Kutaragi, he just loves to make the press talk.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Big Boss][FONT=trebuchet ms][COLOR=yellowgreen]The Killzone trailer shown at E3 this year was a real-time demo. The reason people made such a big deal about it was because it wasn't running on actual PS3 hardware, but on a PC with an nVidia graphics card similar to the company's RSX chip used for the PS3. The presentation was to give an idea of what the PS3 was capable of. For footage on what the PS3 can factually do, check the MGS4 trailer that was running, in real time, on a PS3 at TGS.

As for Bill Gates' comment, I heard on X-Play that, after talking to Microsoft representatives, that they shouldn't take Gates' statement seriously as nothing has been decided yet. I assume, like Ken Kutaragi, he just loves to make the press talk.[/COLOR][/FONT]

With completely scripted animation and camera angles, try again.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Vampiro: Aren't all consoles pretty much the same thing? Rarely do they bring anything new to the table.

[quote=Last Fog]Why does everything have to be innovative to be considered good? There's nothing wrong with consoles just the way they are, and the games are still getting better, so why take a different route and an unecessary risk?

The question between consoles in the past has been which has the kind of games you like most. When gaming was young and there was plenty of sylistic elbow room, early games set an archetype that future games adhere to, such as Tetris for Puzzles, Street Fighter for Fighting Games, Final Fantasy for RPG's, or Doom for First Person Shooters. Such classic titles defined the genre. Saying that you prefer traditional gaming is admirable; I will rue the day gaming advancement leaves 2-D sprites behind.

Keep in mind, however, that there has been a leap in system capabilities before when the directional pad gave way to the analog stick; 3-D, though more popularly anticipated than the Revolution controller, was a revolution nonetheless. Upon the releases of the N64, Playstation and Dreamcast, a whole new kind of gaming was available. Likewise, early games for these systems created the archetype that future developers would use for reference, such as Super Mario 64.

Since the specific producers that created these trend-setting titles become specialized in that genre, and those producers are often loyal to just one system, the argument about which system to buy is usually based on which genres you enjoy most. Now that the Revolution has controlling capabilities that both meet and surpass those of other games, the distinction between genre specialization will only become greater.

Unlike the past where each system can handle all the same game styles, the Revolution will have styles that others cannot adapt to. Just like the jump to 3-D, this will bring about gameplay never before released, and just like those nostolgic classics, the first games will pave the way for others to follow. Consider, however, that competitors will adapt to the Revolution's motion-sensing control technique perhaps even before the X-Box 360 and PS3 pass the torch to the next generation. Someday, when the next-generation consoles boast even more innovative gameplay, the sword-swingers and such that the Revolution now promises will be just as played out as many 3-D genres now seem to us.

Motion-Sensor Control is another step in the advancement of gaming, just as 3-D once was. I am eager to play the first of the titles that we'll one day look back on and say "Remember when that was new? Man, out of all the games that tried to copy it, the original was still best."

Posted by BEZ1

I doubt that dropping Halo 3 the same time as PS3 would effect their sales. If you're gonna spend $400- $500+ for a system, what's another $50 if you want Halo 3 too?

Posted by Random

It'll effect it some. Not a lot but it could potentionally hurt Sony. It depends.. We know little about Halo 3, so saying how Godly it'll be and destroying Sony can't be said as of now if at all or ever. It could hurt but it won't destroy Sonys sales.

Posted by Speedfreak

I don't get how it could destory PS3. Halo 1 and 2 didn't hurt PS2 sales remotely. Most PS2 fans simply don't want Halo.

Quoted post: I don't get how it could destory PS3. Halo 1 and 2 didn't hurt PS2 sales remotely. Most PS2 fans simply don't want Halo.

I doubt they're planning to "destroy" it. Probabaly just want to bump it off of centre stage.

Posted by Major Kitty

yup... sonys releasing some game the same days as 360 i 4got whats its called.